Anorthosis Famugusta / Temuri Ketsbaia

abertoon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stephen927

Getting to the group stages was fantastic, I think it's a bit much to say I think they'll progress again but you never know in football. Would be brilliant for him to do it, good luck, really hope they do it.

I read a Dutch newspaper article today claiming that Famugasta's yearly turnover is around 6 million Euros, less than Heracles Almelo, the club with the lowest turnover in the Dutch Eredivisie league and probably significantly less than most Championship sides in England. Absolutely amazing if he makes it to the last 16..

not enough at the moment to separate the sides. Anorthosis usually do well in the 2nd half so I'm hoping home advantage will eventually bring them out on top. the island will go mad if they win. shame I wouldn't be able to join in the piss up if they do.

If they do qualify, and probably even if they don't, I'd consider him one of the top candidates for the job here.

Just looking at them their organization is extremely impressive, and they play with so much spirit and energy, he's obviously a very good motivator.

Ketsbaia making the knockout stage with Anorthosis would be a bigger achievement than Mourinho winning it all with Porto.

It'll never happen but if ever there was a chance to appoint an up & coming manager who'd move and obv has something about them now would be the time. You don't get a Cypriot team into the CL nevermind bordering on out of a decent group without being a decent manager.