Anorthosis Famugusta / Temuri Ketsbaia

abertoon

Guest LucaAltieri

Would anyone like Ketsbaia here?  Would he get the proper time a manager needs?

Meh and No.

The romantic in me would like to be appointed and for him to do well. The reality-prone portion of me can't see it.

Meh and No.

The romantic in me would like to be appointed and for him to do well. The reality-prone portion of me can't see it.

Weren't his European exploits based in reality?

Guest LucaAltieri

Meh and No.

Yes. But I still don't think he would get the time "proper time a manager needs".

The mob would be on his back if results weren't as good as hoped. They'd be banging on about how he did a good job with a small club in a poor league but really can't cut it at a big club.

You can already predict the arguments. The nay-sayers would hound him out like they do everyone else.

Meh and No.

Yes. But I still don't think he would get the time "proper time a manager needs".

The mob would be on his back if results weren't as good as hoped. They'd be banging on about how he did a good job with a small club in a poor league but really can't cut it at a big club.

You can already predict the arguments. The nay-sayers would hound him out like they do everyone else.

robson got plenty of time as the fans could see what he was doing.

don't fall into the medias trap.

Guest LucaAltieri

Meh and No.

Robson was sacked for finishing 5th!

Meh and No.

Robson was sacked for finishing 5th!

because then we were going backwards,massivly in the playing standard from the season before and appeared to have created and lost a boltchy dessing room.

earlier on he delivered mid table finishes but we could see it was going the right way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1095265/THE-LIST-40-31-best-foreign-players-graced-English-game.html

(50th to 31st best)

50. Gica Popescu

49. Dwight Yorke

48. Daniel Amokachi

47. Emmanuel Petit

46. Bruce Grobbelaar

45. Christophe Dugarry

44. Fabrizio Ravenelli

43. Ricardo Carvalho

42. Jan Molby

41. Henrik Larsson

40. Allan Nielsen

39. Andrei Kanchelskis

38. Dietmar Hamann

37. Marcel Desailly

36. Petr Cech

35. Xabi Alonso

34. Marc-Vivien Foe

33. Temuri Ketsbaia

32. Marco Materazzi

31. Ruud Gullit

:smug:

• 3 months later...
Guest Stephen927

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=636870&sec=europe&cc=5739

Anorthosis Famagusta coach Temuri Ketsbaia, who made Cyprus soccer history by taking the team to the group stage of the Champions League, quit the club on Monday, the team said.

The 41-year-old former midfielder submitted his resignation to the Anorthosis board, which said it had failed to convince him to stay.

Ketsbaia, a Georgian with Cypriot citizenship, played for Anorthosis between 1992-1994 before moving to AEK Athens and then the English Premier League with Newcastle.

He had subsequent brief stints with Wolverhampton Wanderers and Dundee before returning to Anorthosis in 2002.

The news musn't have filtered through that Shearer's took over.

:kinnear:

On a serious note, it'll be interesting to see who he manages next, to see if he really is a top manager.

From the BBC football quotes of the week/chants of the week section

"Wooooooooooaaaaaah, Temuri Ketsbaia!!"

To the tune of Sex On Fire by Kings of Leon, sung by fans of Anorthasis Famagusta, where Ketsbaia is the manager. (Nick Duncan, Scotland). Where Ketsbaia was the manager, until Monday - Ed.