Anorthosis Famugusta / Temuri Ketsbaia

abertoon

yeah he has, big step up for him.

From the BBC football quotes of the week/chants of the week section

"Wooooooooooaaaaaah, Temuri Ketsbaia!!"

To the tune of Sex On Fire by Kings of Leon, sung by fans of Anorthasis Famagusta, where Ketsbaia is the manager. (Nick Duncan, Scotland). Where Ketsbaia was the manager, until Monday - Ed.

:lol:

• 1 year later...

Ketsbaia’s regret over THAT wild celebration

TEMURI KETSBAIA admits he regrets the wild-eyed celebration that came to define his impressive Premier League career.

In one of the division’s iconic moments, a frustrated Ketsbaia responded to coming off the bench and scoring against Bolton by ripping off his shirt and repeatedly smashing his boot into advertising hoardings.

In a week in which Wayne Rooney has been charged for his angry celebration at Upton Park, revisiting it seems appropriate.

“Every time I speak with someone they ask about this celebration!” he says.

“I scored a goal, I was happy to score a goal but I was not happy to not be playing and I was frustrated.

“It’s not a normal celebration, but I play with passion and all I wanted to do was play. It was not malicious.

“Now, looking back, as a coach I understand this is not the way that a player should behave. I wouldn’t be happy, but then I would admire the passion of the player.”

Ketsbaia is weary of being reminded of it. Politely but firmly, he insists the incident is behind him.

“This is in the past. I just want to move forward. I hope it won’t be the only thing my career will be remembered for,” he said.

Keep progressing as a coach and there is little chance of that. After a successful spell in Cyprus and a good start to his international career, he can begin to ponder future possibilities.

Does his oft-repeated desire to one day manage Newcastle still burn as bright?

“Of course I would love that one day,” he said.

“It is every coach’s dream to come and manage in England and for me, Newcastle is a special club. A big club with fantastic supporters, and maybe one day I can come back and take them over.

“I would love to manage in the Premier League because of the passion and because it is a top league in the world. But I have a job with Georgia and I want to take them to a major finals.”

p://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/10/ketsbaia-s-regret-over-that-wild-celebration-79310-28490800/

Screw formatting

His managerial record so far is pretty fking impressive;

Anothosis

Games played: 109  

Won: 73

Drew: 26

Lost: 9

Win ratio: 66.97%

Goals For: 218 - Goals Against: 83 (difference +135)

Olympiakos

Played: 6

Won: 5

Drew: 1

Lost: 0

Win Ratio: 83.33%

Goals for: 9 - Goals Against: 0 (difference +9)

Georgia

Played: 10

Won: 5

Drew: 5

Lost: 0

Win Ratio: 50.00%

Goals For: 10 - Goals Against: 5 (difference +5)

The main advantage of managing the clubs he's previously managed is that he's both a national citizen of Cyprus and obviously Georgia, therefore knowing players inside out and obviously being fluent in Greek & Georgian must help tremendously . To qualify for the Euros with Georgia would be a MASSIVE achievement, and would probably top being the first manager to take a Cypriot team to the group stages of the CL which was a massive massive achievement in itself.

Legend in the making