We have 2 days to Save our Season - The Real Panic Thread

Tsunami

Discuss, argue, take the piss and lock the thread. I'm off to bed.

Target man & creative midfield player; without these additions we will not finish Top 10 and in the event of a modicum of bad luck we will be in for a long hard season.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Guest neesy111

Discuss, argue, take the piss and lock the thread. I'm off to bed.

Target man & creative midfield player; without these additions we will not finish Top 10 and in the event of a modicum of bad luck we will be in for a long hard season.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

not another one

We were six points off 10th last year, let's not pretend it was miles away. Save our season. :lol:

We'd have finished top ten last year if it wasn't for Allardyce's attitude to football IMO, and I think KK would have done it this year even with the same squad. We've improved the team (though not quite enough as yet) so I don't think top half is an issue.

Still need players in like.

I reckon if Keegan was manager for all of last season we'd have been at least 12-15 points better off. That would have got us about seventh, and we are much better now than we were then.

Given the disasters we've had over the last four years, is a season of top half anonymity really worth crying about?

Although it's only been a couple of games, Shay Given looks like he is back to saving our bacon again and that may even get us more points (At Old Trafford he got us two!).

With some better players in, Shay Given back to his best and Keegan style football I believe we can have a good season, as long as injuries stay low.

We don't even need anyone..

We don't if we get lucky with injuries, however I'd prefer to go in to a season with a few more players than we have.

Everton and Villa did very well with smaller squads.  Don't know what Brummie thinks, however my Villa fans friends seem to feel that if they had our bad luck with injuries last season that they wouldn't have done as well they did.

We don't even need anyone..

Are you serious? Our squad has 19 first team players, We need 2 minimum, 3 would be ideal.

No we really don't. Replace milner if he goes though.

I think we are looking a more solid unit with each game. The players are working well together. Why disrupt it by going out and wanking 50m to unsettle the club. Sure at some point we will need to replace butt, smith, ameobi et al but really have no concerns with regards to  depth. Several young players to blood at points too. Especially nile.

We have 3 strikers and 2 of those are injury prone.

We can't rely on Butt for an entire season. Geremi expected to play every game would be a disaster.

Coloccini getting an injury and we are looking half as good at the back. Enrique injured/out of form and we are playing people out of position same with Beye.

We definitelty need 2-3 signings imo.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Hard to believe people were gutted and raging at Big Sam for not getting that big playmaker we needed, yet here we are, January gone, another summer gone, and still no playmaker.

If only he'd gone for Elano...

Guest timmy boy

I think with our current squad we will still have a decent season probably in the top ten but with a couple more players with a bit of class about them, like a midfielder who can pick a pass and another centre forward it could be a really good season around 6th or 7th.I think we need to make SJP a hard place for teams to come again as long as we are hard to beat at home we should do ok.

We were six points off 10th last year, let's not pretend it was miles away. Save our season.

Six points off 10th, seven points off 18th & relegation.  That sort of lower mid table league position won't seem comfortable until late next year.  A marginal improvement won't feel like much of an improvement at all.  It isn't something we should accept, never mind be aiming for. 

The minimum ambition has to be 8th place.  While it might not seem like a big leap in the table, it represents a big gap in points and quality.  Based on last seasons table, that means an additional + 14 to 15 points as James said (so far we are +3 on last season, so a good start).  But has the squad been strengthened enough to deliver that sort of improvement?  With just three first team signings? 

Right back

Central midfield

Right wing

Jakub Blaszczykowski, right-winger from Dortmund is definitely worth a shot.

- Fast

- Technical, good dribbler

- Started out as a full-back so he can defend alright, could cover the fullback position if Beye got injured

- 22 with a lot of potenial, has been developing really fast.  Was much better last year than he was two years ago and better now than he was last year.

- Has started the season really well and seems to be in top form. Scored a great goal in one of the pre-season matches against Feyenoord, assist in the first Bundesliga match and a goal in the second one against Bayern.

Bad:

- Expensive, not sure if he'd want to move here. Wouldn't hurt trying at least.

- Somewhat wasteful, common to see him go on a brilliant run dribbling past 3 players, only to blast the ball over the stadium in a good situation (even shows on his youtube clips).

Right back

Central midfield

Right wing

Jakub Blaszczykowski, right-winger from Dortmund is definitely worth a shot.

- Fast

- Technical, good dribbler

- Started out as a full-back so he can defend alright, could cover the fullback position if Beye got injured

- 22 with a lot of potenial, has been developing really fast.  Was much better last year than he was two years ago and better now than he was last year.

- Has started the season really well and seems to be in top form. Scored a great goal in one of the pre-season matches against Feyenoord, assist in the first Bundesliga match and a goal in the second one against Bayern.

Bad:

- Expensive, not sure if he'd want to move here. Wouldn't hurt trying at least.

- Somewhat wasteful, common to see him go on a brilliant run dribbling past 3 players, only to blast the ball over the stadium in a good situation (even shows on his youtube clips).

Low profit margins on squad numbers.