Saturday night out in Rome - suggestions?

ross magoo

I'm going to Rome in November with my mate for the Roma v Lazio game.  We're flying out on the Friday and returning on the Monday.  Neither of us have ever been to Rome before and we're looking for a good night out on the Saturday - basically decent food and beer at prices that won't scare the s**** out of us and decent clubs.  I'm not too bothered about names of places - i'm more looking for areas where there are pleny of these sorts of things.  I've heard that Trastevere is meant to be good at night but i'd be grateful for any recommendations from people who've been to Rome.

We're staying at the Medici on Via Flavia  which is just south-west of Villa Borghese and we'd rather not have to travel the length and breadth of the city for a beer, a boogie and a burger so it would need to be in that end of town.

There is a decent irish pub near the wedding cake thing. Will check the name later when i get on the other pc and look through my photos. As for clubs I have no idea.

That's almost as bad as when I went to Dublin in a bar that sold beer from over 100 countries around the world and I ordered a bottle of Broon. :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

there's a bar about 5 mins walk from the collisseum that has a signed newcastle shirt (sir boby era, has NTL as sponosor) on the wall. the plaque said that it was the home of the rome newcastle supporters club. it was an irish pub i think.

There is a decent irish pub near the wedding cake thing. Will check the name later when i get on the other pc and look through my photos. As for clubs I have no idea.

Why would you want to go to an irish pub when your in rome.  Like them people that all go to spain and eat chips and drink in bars showing faulty towers about 999999999999999999999 times a day (nothing wrong with faulty towers)

• 6 months later...

beer...match....beer......club...shag....curry.

same the world over man.

Yep, never change the order, especially 'Shag' and 'Curry'. If you get them in the wrong order, bad things will happen.

Trust me.

• 3 weeks later...

That's almost as bad as when I went to Dublin in a bar that sold beer from over 100 countries around the world and I ordered a bottle of Broon. :lol:

"We didn't come all the way to Japan to eat at America Town!"

:shifty:

"We didn't come all the way to Japan to eat at America Town!"

:shifty:

".... and what is your wish?"

"a free meal at America town!"

"no!! we want plane tickets back to Springfield!"

:kinnear:

Here in Ireland we just call them bars :)

Really? Do you not call them Irish bars? I'd have thought you would have done, unless you call them British bars or Ulster bars or Proddy bars or whatever? I mean they are Irish, after all - not that I want to open up that whole can of worms about national identity of the potato-fucking population of the old Emerald Isle... ;)

Take a beautiful italian Donna for a candle lit supper with some nice wine.

For afters, take her up the Via Appia.

what was that haz ?............go to the vatican and see the pope ?