Could you?

Dokko

Move your thumb if it were fractured?

I know you can't when its broken, so i guess its not, but my thumb is totally fuked, and has been for about 4 weeks, and isn't getting any better, in fact it feels worse than ever.

Happened on a night out, or so i think, i really cannot remember, but since then i've had no strength in it, no grip, can't move it up or down without a quite a lot of pain kicking in.

It doesn't feel like muscles or anything around the thumb, it really feels like my bone or joint, i can't even open a can of beans, text or pick up an object with that hand, its killing me.

Problem is going to the docs, they'll say go to the hospital, and they'll make me wait four days while i catch several diseases and die of boredom/hunger/malpractice/MRSA...yes my local is Rake-fuking-lane.

Bollocks that lads, (thanks for the response) but that really is last option, i've been putting it off for four weeks, its not really going to happen if i can confirm i could move it and still have some bone or joint damage.

I'm too impatient, i'm thinking of the hospital staff, my nails, and my surroundings.

Having said that I was in an accident a couple of months back and getting jip with my back.

Getting a really deep throbbing pain-like feeling (kinda like a heavy pressure pushing on the spine). Had the same pain with said wrist.

Been told its strained ligaments - and I probably did the same with my wrist on top of fracture.

So if its a pressure like pain it could by thumb ligaments?

Mate tbh, as long as you can knock one out, clean your arse and hold a tin then you are grand, if you cant do all 3 properly then get to the hospital immediately.

I can't hold a tin (need two hands to open and can't either way with this thumb) but i do the rest with my other hand, i certainly couldn't knock one out with this one, arse cleaning would be problematic as well i reckon!  :lol:

Having said that I was in an accident a couple of months back and getting jip with my back.

Getting a really deep throbbing pain-like feeling (kinda like a heavy pressure pushing on the spine). Had the same pain with said wrist.

Been told its strained ligaments - and I probably did the same with my wrist on top of fracture.

So if its a pressure like pain it could by thumb ligaments?

Pressure pain? Sounds like it could be that. If am not doing anything it doesn't hurt, do something and it knacks and has no strength, think it could just be ligaments?

Just go to the hospital, they'll take a quick X-ray, put something on it to help it heal and you'll be out in no time. It's not as if they'll keep you in overnight.

Rake Lane don't do quick, well that's a lie, the one thing they do do quick is fuk up and kill people.

This sounds like it tbh.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/handcondiitions/a/gamekeepers.htm

Sounds like i need to go get it checked out, fuk.

just read this thread and was going to suggest gamekeeper's thumb.  i've had it from playing (american) football--had to wear a short plaster cast for a few weeks.  i could still play hockey by the way, it heals up fine.

get well soon!

This sounds like it tbh.

just read this thread and was going to suggest gamekeeper's thumb.  i've had it from playing (american) football--had to wear a short plaster cast for a few weeks.  i could still play hockey by the way, it heals up fine.

get well soon!

Thanks,

Didn't end up going, got a docs appointment for wed, so will go then. I've gone near on four weeks with it, i'll just take more care than i have and try and stop catching it everywhere (which is a symptom of GKT) and use it as little as possible.

It's not torn as i've torn my ankle ligaments and it felt like i was going to pass out everytime i moved it slightly, so i reckon a strain at most.

This sounds like it tbh.

get well soon!

Thanks,

Didn't end up going, got a docs appointment for wed, so will go then. I've gone near on four weeks with it, i'll just take more care than i have and try and stop catching it everywhere (which is a symptom of GKT) and use it as little as possible.

It's not torn as i've torn my ankle ligaments and it felt like i was going to pass out everytime i moved it slightly, so i reckon a strain at most.

if you can splint it/immobilise it yourself then you'll probably be fine.  the key is, not to use it.  i'm obviously not a dr., mind, but that seems to be all they did for me--put a cast on and pretty much let me do want i wanted.  i even had them mould the cast to be able to grasp my hockey stick!   

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Haha you fuking bastard!!  ;D

This sounds like it tbh.

get well soon!

Thanks,

if you can splint it/immobilise it yourself then you'll probably be fine.  the key is, not to use it.  i'm obviously not a dr., mind, but that seems to be all they did for me--put a cast on and pretty much let me do want i wanted.  i even had them mould the cast to be able to grasp my hockey stick!  

If it comes out looking like a hand i'll have done well from Rake Lane.

Hey TT!

I would love to see you typing one handedly mate!

:lol:

It would be an improvement in content since i could stop and think, only, i can use all my fingers, so its no real difference...so shit posts ah-hoi!  :blush: