The players we've brought in so far

Dave

Gutierrez - Argentine international of good age, signed on a legal loophole for probably much less than he's worth.

Guthrie - young player from Liverpool with Premier League experience, for not much money at all.

Bassong - young player from Metz for not much money.

Coloccini - experienced Argentine international with good reputation across Europe, brought in for a club-record fee for a defender.

All four brought in to improve on outgoing players.

All four brought in via very different circumstances (young players from both home and abroad, a bit of sneaky dealing and an established international of high repute at high cost).

All four have started their careers here in very promising fashion.

All four seem to be making KK very happy.

I appreciate time is now tight, but how come the confidence in the club to do good business has all but evaporated?

It would appear that our countries press association dont rate Colo  :rant:

FIVE WORST SIGNINGS OF THE SUMMER

By Eleanor Crooks, PA Sport

After another summer of ongoing sagas and some big spending, the transfer window finally slams shut at midnight on Monday. Here, PA Sport pick out five Barclays Premier League buys that could turn sour.

Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo La Coruna to Newcastle, undisclosed)

Central defence has been a big problem area for Newcastle with a succession of signings proving not up to scratch. Home-grown talent Steven Taylor is a solid player when paired with a dominant centre-back but Coloccini has already shown signs of vulnerability in the air, something that will be ruthlessly exploited by Premier League sides.

Bet they have not even seen the man play - Muppets

Guest elbee909

After another summer of ongoing sagas and some big spending, the transfer window finally slams shut at midnight on Monday. Here, PA Sport pick out five Barclays Premier League buys that could turn sour.

Central defence has been a big problem area for Newcastle with a succession of signings proving not up to scratch. Home-grown talent Steven Taylor is a solid player when paired with a dominant centre-back but Coloccini has already shown signs of vulnerability in the air, something that will be ruthlessly exploited by Premier League sides.

Are they just referring to the Coventry game?  Stupid cunts

Has not evaporated for me. I have more confidence than ever.

The way we have gone about selling Milner so quickly makes me even more confident that we are in position to bring in more players shortly.

I've already said it, but I'll say it again, I think Mike Ashley is being underestimated big time. The big goofy grin and the Newcastle jersey has people fooled. I think he likes it that way too.

What i am seeing at Newcastle and hearing from Keegan in interviews i would be extremely happy to be a Newcastle United fan at the moment! Brought in some quality players, made a good start to the league and another 3/4 players could be brought in by Monday. And by the looks of it, they wont be bringing in hopeless shite like other managers and reigns.

It would appear that our countries press association dont rate Colo :rant:

She's jealous she can't grow a perm as good as his. :razz:

She's jealous she can't grow a perm as good as his. :razz:

I thought he looked good in the hair...

:colo:

oh.. air.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What i am seeing at Newcastle and hearing from Keegan in interviews i would be extremely happy to be a Newcastle United fan at the moment! Brought in some quality players, made a good start to the league and another 3/4 players could be brought in by Monday. And by the looks of it, they wont be bringing in hopeless s**** like other managers and reigns.

Thanks Ash, i wish fellow fans would listen

By the way, my name is Ash too  :idiot2: :razz:

Guest cfhpantera27

What i am seeing at Newcastle and hearing from Keegan in interviews i would be extremely happy to be a Newcastle United fan at the moment! Brought in some quality players, made a good start to the league and another 3/4 players could be brought in by Monday. And by the looks of it, they wont be bringing in hopeless shite like other managers and reigns.

Its never too late Ash..  O0

I think some of the panic comes from the current striker situation and that is due to injury/injury proneness.  I really like the players that have been brought in, it highlights the scouting ability.  The players who were gone early, weren't integral parts of the team.  However, Faye and now Milner were integral parts and their loss from an already thin squad is problematic.  I think everyone would feel a little better if 2 or 3 squad players had been brought in early.  If the squad were fuller, one or two big deadline signings would have put us over the top (so to speak) rather than just getting us up to par as far as squad size and flexibility are concerned.

I think the team desperately needs a creative midfielder and a young striker to cover an aging and injury prone trio for this season.  Those needs have been there right along but are exacerbated by a lack of quality depth throughout the roster.  Keeper is the only position I'm OK with right now.

Gutierrez - Argentine international of good age, signed on a legal loophole for probably much less than he's worth.

Guthrie - young player from Liverpool with Premier League experience, for not much money at all.

Bassong - young player from Metz for not much money.

Coloccini - experienced Argentine international with good reputation across Europe, brought in for a club-record fee for a defender.

All four brought in to improve on outgoing players.

All four brought in via very different circumstances (young players from both home and abroad, a bit of sneaky dealing and an established international of high repute at high cost).

All four have started their careers here in very promising fashion.

All four seem to be making KK very happy.

I appreciate time is now tight, but how come the confidence in the club to do good business has all but evaporated?

I can't ever remember being as confident as I am now for quite a few years.  The wrist slashers will probably end up looking daft as I think we'll have another year better than the one before and one reason will be the players brought in if they maintain the form we've seen so far.

Some people will always want more, in fact I think we all want better than we have but I don't think making a massive number of changes helps as players struggle to settle in.

Good stuff Dave.

Some people actually looking at the big picture. I'm convinced Ashley is doing big things behind the scenes. 

The old board really stuffed the club up I reckon.  In my opinion, Sheperd was gung ho and had a big ego.

Ashley is now rebuilding the club and building a strong foundation.  To change the structure, culture and attitude is going to take a while but he has done well so far.  Look at the appointment of Mort and then stepping down.  Mort just didn't step down.  The way he left makes me think he went to do a job for a certain period of time and once he did it he left. 

I know most of what I'm saying is unfounded but over the past year the club has been run differently and you can see the subtle differences.  The signing of Jonas and Guthrie with very little (if any) media exposure.  Coloccini was bought at a high price - but we did not fall to Depor's antics. Bassong - bought after careful scrutiny.  Professional and astute.

I get a good 'vibe' about Ashley's era.  :smug:

Perhaps the negotiating skills of our recruitment team could be scrutinised, because we've missed out on a few... but then other things come into that such as our Euro absence, unwillingness to pay massive wages, and our physial location. The communication with the fans over the summer could be questioned too...

But other than that, i've got total faith in the recruitment set-up; all signings have been cleverly manoevered at very good prices, and they've all been quality players so far (can't really speak for Bassong tbf). Our academy looks infinitely better now aswell tbh.

Aye, time is running out like Dave says, but i've been fairly impressed so far. It is a bit of make or break in these last few days, but as i say, i've got confidence that we'll get atleast a couple of good players.

I am very impressed with Guthrie, Jonas, Colo and Bassong.. For player of the right kind, this is what we have heard "they must be right for the colub" and they are so lets hope we get four more of the same quality..

Exactly, the way some people are talking is insane. You'd think it was normal practice for a club to replace it's whole first team with big buys every transfer window.

That opinion is PURE TOILET.