Thimothee Atouba to sign?

Guest hindu times

Guest kingdawson

I saw this one as a strong possibility as I suggested it in a few threads.

He was very young when he was at Spurs and has matured quite a bit since then. Besides he was never terrible at Spurs just a bit inconsistent.

First things first, he is a beast (6 ft 3). Very, very strong and does put his foot in. However, he is also technically gifted and does love to be in posession of the football. He will scare the hell out of you sometimes as he loves to dribble the ball/play the ball out of defence. He is quite flamboyant like that, it is fun to watch at times i.e. when you are up 2 - 0!

Geremi would have vouched for him, as would Chris Houghton. Prem experienced. Will be very affordable as he is in his last year contract wise. oh yeah ... he can also play left wing too as he is very attack minded and as I said loves to get on the ball.

Very solid signing. He'll enjoy playing for Keegan.

False. There were definately games where he was absolutly terrible for us. He could very well have improved at Hamburg though but for us, i can't remember him having a good game at left back (all the games he performed well was when he played left mid).

Transfer has taken a twist apparently. According to Hamburg's press officer Atouba was due to fly to England for a medical but instead surprisingly turned up at the training ground and has been included into the squad for tomorrow's match now.

Where is this reported? We could have had a bid for another left back accepted?

Everywhere.

E.g. http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/artikel/382390/

Timothée Atouba has looked good for Hamburg at left back. Still only 26. In the last year of his contract too.

What exactly happened with him at Tottenham again?

Yeh he's a good player but was ridiculously eratic. The guy would constantly try these little flick and dummies,  even though he was in his own area.

KD we talked about this already (see above). You didn't say he was ridiculously bad then? Or he was terrible at left back specifically? tut tut tut ...

I do agree though. He can be a bit too playful at the back, but he is a presence, and he does defend and attack well. His left foot is also very good.

Behave KD. I know your poor start to the season has got you down, but don't take it out on us okay.

Timothée Atouba has looked good for Hamburg at left back. Still only 26. In the last year of his contract too.

Yeh he's a good player but was ridiculously eratic. The guy would constantly try these little flick and dummies,  even though he was in his own area.

KD we talked about this already (see above). You didn't say he was ridiculously bad then? Or he was terrible at left back specifically? tut tut tut ...

I do agree though. He can be a bit too playful at the back, but he is a presence, and he does defend and attack well. His left foot is also very good.

Behave KD. I know your poor start to the season has got you down, but don't take it out on us okay.

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

That quote proves what?

That one sentence shows i'm saying the exact same thing about him being eratic and doing flicks in his own area. I didn't go into detail then but i am now. I corrected you on your false analysis of the player.

As i said, Atouba can be good as a left midfielder but he's beyond shite playing left back.

That quote proves what?

That one sentence shows i'm saying the exact same thing about him being eratic and doing flicks in his own area. I didn't go into detail then but i am now. I corrected you on your false analysis of the player.

As i said, Atouba can be good as a left midfielder but he's beyond s**** playing left back.

I feel sad for you KD ...

You sound desperate. I know we've been harsh with Tottenham's poor start to the season and all the mocking, but you deserved it.

In my quote I said Atouba was looking good at left-back, to which you responded yeah he's a good player but eratic, whcih I agree with.

Game Over playa. You lose.

Guest kingdawson

ermmm are you slow in normal life??

you said he's a good left back to which i replied "yeh he's a good player but ridicuulously eratic". I then said the exact same thing i'm saying now.

Even in my posts on this thread you would see that i made a point in saying he's bad at LEFT BACK. I also stated that he had good games for us at left mid. If i said he was a shit player, you'd have a point but as usual, your point is invalid.

As a regular viewer of Hamburg I'd have to say he'd be a solid signing, nothing special, but he'll get the job done.

heard he`s been nowt but trouble with Hamburg from going AWOL to swearing at his own fans.....not really that impressed with this signing (if he signs) but will support him as well all should

How much we talking?

£2-3m then its just what we need, some backup forcing Zoggy to left wing and keeping big money for elsewhere.

Warnock £5m+, Mattock £5m+ that lad from AZ £6m, its just a waste when we've got Enrique.

Transfer has taken a twist apparently. According to Hamburg's press officer Atouba was due to fly to England for a medical but instead surprisingly turned up at the training ground and has been included into the squad for tomorrow's match now.

Of course it could be that he was never actually coming here in the first place !

Of course it could be that he was never actually coming here in the first place !

The link I've posted is from their official site.