Worrying lack of faith in Kevin Keegan

Dave

Why is everyone all of sudden questioning his every word?

This man is our best ever manager, and knows exactly what the fans want, but more importantly what the club needs to succeed.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the transfer window, I trust KK to get it right.

He's not a liar, and the way some of his comments and ideas are being pulled apart is pathetic.

Guest Sniffer

Like I said in the other thread, sell Andy Cole, buy Les Ferdinand.

He might have been right to sell cole but he was definitely wrong in selling him to manure.

Keegan is a massive liar by the way when he wants to be.

He is also a totally different person to the Keegan of old.

He is older and less dynamic (and less well known around the world).

But mainly . . .

He is not free to do what he wants under Ashley & co, to the extent that he was under SJH.

So, effectively, he is not the same Keegan.

(Still good mind!)

This man is our best ever manager, and knows exactly what the fans want, but more importantly what the club needs to succeed.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the transfer window, I trust KK to get it right.

He's not a liar, and the way some of his comments and ideas are being pulled apart is pathetic.

Keegan is a God. and by  monday he have shown us why .. :)

Keegan is a massive liar by the way when he wants to be.

He can fib for England, but it's always with the good of this club in mind.

Yep. he's not going to get people's hopes up unnecessarily.

I think the memory of Roeder saying similar things two years ago has scarred some people.

With Paul Kitson.

How old were you then? 10? Because it was a fuking diabolical decision to sell him to our biggest rivals, even if he wasn't in form at the time.

He is not free to do what he wants under Ashley & co, to the extent that he was under SJH.

So, effectively, he is not the same Keegan.

So basically you're questioning his integrity, given that he's not once said he has a problem with how things are set up?

The doomongers are holding on for dear life that's why.

Have you not seen what they have been saying? They had convinced themselves there was a problem, and that Keegan and Ashley were at loggerheads over Milner, and he would walk over this traversty etc etc.

Turns out it's nothing like that though! Instead of jumping of that fast sinking ship they are still trying to save face. It will all end in tears come Monday. Then again, I'm sure even after new players have come in they will begin to question how good they are and why they were so cheap etc etc etc.

One pathetic never ending moan that just goes on and on and on ...

I don't think it's necessarily a case of a lack of faith, but we've missed out on a few targets (allegedly) and there have been various tones in the last week alone, swinging from positive to negative and back again re transfers. I have complete faith in him as a manager but as he has stated once negotiations start he leaves the 3 amigos to it and if they fuck up then the transfer won't go through. He is relying on what they say. Whilst there will be a lot of people left looking silly if we pull off some ace signings there are also a fair few who'll look the same if we can't land our chosen targets. Personally, i'd rather a) wait and see what happens by Monday before making any judgments, b) judge on actions rather than words which is something Keegan has always encouraged and c) to be honest, go into the campaign with what we've got rather than scattergun it like Everton. Don't misinterpret caution as a lack of faith / trust, we all want the same thing, we've all been burnt before (by Keegan as well, this is the guy who walked out on us, no matter how much we all love him) and i think it's fair for people to be nervous without having accusations of a lack of faith in the manager / board / team. I support all 3, but refuse to take anything for granted until it's been confirmed.

With Paul Kitson.

How old were you then? 10? Because it was a fuking diabolical decision to sell him to our biggest rivals, even if he wasn't in form at the time.

I think looking back it worked out for the best, we had our best 2-3 years without Cole. Was gutted at the time, but i would always trust Keegan over what I, or anyother fan thinks - we dont work with these players day to day. And the general feeling was we were going stale - selling cole took us to the next level, who else at the time would have payed £6M? Blackburn didnt need him. One of Keegans finer moments i would say.

I wouldnt say its a lack of faith in Keegan, I'd say its a lack of faith in the board.

So KK is lying then? Because he says it was his decision to sell Milner, that he had a great meeting with Ashley on Wednesday and that they are trying to get the players we need in before Monday night.

With Paul Kitson.

Kitson had already been at the club a while before Cole was sold.

It looked a poor decision at the time as Cole was my favourite player but in the long term it helped move the club in a different direction.