Worrying lack of faith in Kevin Keegan

Dave

KK Is not our best ever manager Sir Bob is full stop..if Bobby had of had keegans team in 95/96 we wouldnt have slipped up, and there is no way Keegan would get a team with the centre half pairing of Bramble and O brien into the champions league..There is 1 persons faut we didnt end up champions in 95 and thats keegan himself..take your head our of the clouds tactically the man is totally inept and without an open chequebook he hasnt got a clue

Keegan is a massive liar by the way when he wants to be.

He can fib for England, but it's always with the good of this club in mind.

Yes i'm struggling to belive him myself one day its "James has a three-year contract. I do not want to talk about losing him," he said.

"He is absolutely top notch - around the club, around the training ground. He is getting better and better every game."

With a mounting injury list giving Keegan cause for concern, the former England manager admits he is running out of time in his pursuit of fresh faces.

"My optimism gets less the nearer we get to the deadline (1st September)," he added.

"I suppose if we don't get anybody, we'll just have to soldier on and wait for everybody to come back."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4059634,00.html

The next its:  Yes I decided to sell him, it's for the best, it was a really good offer, but we didn't really need the money, but we should get 3-4 players in before the deadline.

Look i love kk but IF we don't sign some bloody good players in the next three days it is NOT good. Keegan is just trying to take the heat.

KK Is not our best ever manager Sir Bob is full stop..if Bobby had of had keegans team in 95/96 we wouldnt have slipped up, and there is no way Keegan would get a team with the centre half pairing of Bramble and O brien into the champions league..There is 1 persons faut we didnt end up champions in 95 and thats keegan himself..take your head our of the clouds tactically the man is totally inept and without an open chequebook he hasnt got a clue

Dear me.

He is not free to do what he wants under Ashley & co, to the extent that he was under SJH.

So, effectively, he is not the same Keegan.

So basically you're questioning his integrity, given that he's not once said he has a problem with how things are set up?

This thread is supposed to be about 'having faith in Kevin Keegan'.  I imagine that this is premised on the fact that (to us, and I include me in that) KK became a GOD in the past at this club.

I am saying that we should all remember that (for the various reasons I mentioned, but mainly the one you quoted) he is not the same KK we had here previously.

Also (as I'm sure you know from your own life-experiences, not just in football) the clearest messages are often those that are not spelt out in plain English . . .  

Keegan's quotes aren't cast iron guarantees that we're going to land the players he wants, just that we're in discussions with a few of them. we all know he is doing his best and wants to make things happen but there's things outside his control - the other club, the players in question, our negotiating team, the limited time and so on.

i don't know why you need to accuse people of lacking faith in him, accusing him of lying, or questioning his integrity, just because they hold a different opinion to yours.

Absolute bollocks. Seems to have been pretty spot on tactically since he came back, operated without any open chequebook and with a pretty ragtag team at the beginning of his reign and throughout his first couple of seasons, relying on managerial skill and uncovering unknowns to get the team in a position to attract the top players and was the person who got us into the position in 96 in the first place. Also, didn't we have a better defensive record than ManYoo that season? Can't recall whether we had Peacock playing then or not?! Your opinion sounds like something that bint from the Guardian would write.

Guest Toon Argy

I wouldnt say its a lack of faith in Keegan, I'd say its a lack of faith in the board.

So KK is lying then? Because he says it was his decision to sell Milner, that he had a great meeting with Ashley on Wednesday and that they are trying to get the players we need in before Monday night.

I am happy with everything Keegan has done and It was the right choice to sell milner for that money. The only thing people can be unhappy about the Milner transfer is that we have sold him when we have a tiny squad. Also the lack of faith can only be about us not having enough players and not bringing enough in. The reason why i said it's a lack of faith in the board is because I believe Keegan is pushing to get the players in but I'd say the board is the reason we havn't been getting them in, e.g. Modric.

Like I said in the other thread, sell Andy Cole, buy Les Ferdinand.

With Paul Kitson.

How old were you then? 10? Because it was a fuking diabolical decision to sell him to our biggest rivals, even if he wasn't in form at the time.

Kitson had already been at the club a while before Cole was sold.

It looked a poor decision at the time as Cole was my favourite player but in the long term it helped move the club in a different direction.

It showed the world we couldn't compete with Manu. It burst our bubble and ruined our season. Paul Kitson on the end of everything instead of Andy Cole was soul & season destroying for me.

We may have had a good 2-3 seasons after, but Manu pulled away because it could take any player from any club in the Prem without much fuss, and have been doing it ever since.

Keegan's quotes aren't cast iron guarantees that we're going to land the players he wants, just that we're in discussions with a few of them. we all know he is doing his best and wants to make things happen but there's things outside his control - the other club, the players in question, our negotiating team, the limited time and so on.

i don't know why you need to accuse people of lacking faith in him, accusing him of lying, or questioning his integrity, just because they hold a different opinion to yours.

Fair enough. I'm probably just going overboard out of frustration tbh.

Guest elbee909

Sloblock.

Thanks, because I have never questioned his integrity.  

Apples and oranges.

With Paul Kitson.

How old were you then? 10? Because it was a fuking diabolical decision to sell him to our biggest rivals, even if he wasn't in form at the time.

It looked a poor decision at the time as Cole was my favourite player but in the long term it helped move the club in a different direction.

It showed the world we couldn't compete with Manu. It burst our bubble and ruined our season. Paul Kitson on the end of everything instead of Andy Cole was soul & season destroying for me.

We may have had a good 2-3 seasons after, but Manu pulled away because it could take any player from any club in the Prem without much fuss, and have been doing it ever since.

it was a good decision in the long term as the money (and the player we got in return - Gillespie) helped us rebuild the team into one that challenged for the league.

however in the short-term it made our season a write-off.

With Paul Kitson.

But selling Cole helped us close the gap on Man Utd long term, that's the point.

I love Bobby but :lol:

Where the hell has this come from ? Have I missed a thread or something.

I haven't seen any posts questioning KK's managerial expertise. I have and will always be a huge KK fan, I was absouletely delighted when he was rumoured to be interested in taking over (unlike some I could mention), over the moon when he did, stayed with him through the bad times and remain in his corner now.

You do realise, that it is possible to question the motives of the club as a whole and still be a KK supporter don't you ?

If your talking about what he says in the press, as I've said in another thread, you have to read between the lines with KK. He tells huge porkies but there's usually a reason behind them. That's not questioning KK's ability, that's just using your brain a little !

With Paul Kitson.

Season was going tits-up well before Cole left.

Guest Toon Argy

You sure your a Newcastle supporter? I really dont know how any Newcastle supporter can say that about Keegan.

Guest icemanblue

Same shit, different thread title.  You only have to step inside St James' to see that a lot of Newcastle fans like to moan. Constantly.

From the outside looking in, I guess because he says one thing publicly then the club go and do the opposite 2 days later. Whether this is clever management, undermining from within or whatever, you are better placed to judge.

That said - Ashley only gave him the job this time to keep yoos lot sweet. Frankly, after Man City and England, KK wouldn't have got another premiership job.

If he thought he'd get away with it, Ashley would have appointed Wise as manager IMO. He still might if KK walks.

With Paul Kitson.

And Man U were able to do that for many years before KK's 96 team came along. We were the new boys in town... it was/is always going to difficult to compete with effectively one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

Pretty much how they find themselves when Real Madrid come along sniffing around one of their players