Worrying lack of faith in Kevin Keegan

Dave

I'd like to apologise for this thread. :blush:

All I'm getting at is that I trust KK completely, and if he says he's happy with the way things are going that'll do for me. I have faith in him to do his best, and he shouldn't be having his comments and targets examined whilst looking for the negative all the time.

KK Is not our best ever manager Sir Bob is full stop..if Bobby had of had keegans team in 95/96 we wouldnt have slipped up, and there is no way Keegan would get a team with the centre half pairing of Bramble and O brien into the champions league..There is 1 persons faut we didnt end up champions in 95 and thats keegan himself..take your head our of the clouds tactically the man is totally inept and without an open chequebook he hasnt got a clue

Dear me.

yes, I agree with you.

Kevin Keegan was the ONLY person with the bottle to take the job when he did, including Bobby Robson who had been a manager for over 20 years without so much as a thought of "going home".

Keegan then built the best team we've had for many decades, from a much lower starting point than Robson.

Absolutely no contest.

Keegan's quotes aren't cast iron guarantees that we're going to land the players he wants, just that we're in discussions with a few of them. we all know he is doing his best and wants to make things happen but there's things outside his control - the other club, the players in question, our negotiating team, the limited time and so on.

i don't know why you need to accuse people of lacking faith in him, accusing him of lying, or questioning his integrity, just because they hold a different opinion to yours.

Fair enough. I'm probably just going overboard out of frustration tbh.

:coolsmiley:

KK Is not our best ever manager Sir Bob is full stop..if Bobby had of had keegans team in 95/96 we wouldnt have slipped up, and there is no way Keegan would get a team with the centre half pairing of Bramble and O brien into the champions league..There is 1 persons faut we didnt end up champions in 95 and thats keegan himself..take your head our of the clouds tactically the man is totally inept and without an open chequebook he hasnt got a clue

Dear me.

yes, I agree with you.

Kevin Keegan was the ONLY person with the bottle to take the job when he did, including Bobby Robson who had been a manager for over 20 years without so much as a thought of "going home".

Keegan then built the best team we've had for many decades, from a much lower starting point than Robson.

Absolutely no contest.

You two feeling alright?

All I'm getting at is that I trust KK completely, and if he says he's happy with the way things are going that'll do for me. I have faith in him to do his best, and he shouldn't be having his comments and targets examined whilst looking for the negative all the time.

I knew when he came back we would have a lot of people who aint happy with him, he is maybe the only guy in football i could never say anything bad about, most of my greatest days as a Newcastle fan are directly linked to him. Therefore my opinion is pretty slanted, maybe he is tactically inept, maybe does say a lot of silly things in the heat of the moment. Theres no doubt however he has done more for this club than anyonelse in my lifetime therefore i will always back him to the hilt.

From the outside looking in, I guess because he says one thing publicly then the club go and do the opposite 2 days later. Whether this is clever management, undermining from within or whatever, you are better placed to judge.

That said - Ashley only gave him the job this time to keep yoos lot sweet. Frankly, after Man City and England, KK wouldn't have got another premiership job.

If he thought he'd get away with it, Ashley would have appointed Wise as manager IMO. He still might if KK walks.

I'm sorry but that's typical un educated, outsider crap. You know fuck all about what NUFC needs and requires, and even less about what AShley wants (as most of ous fans haven't got a clue)

Continue to follow the myth of KK being a crap manager, you know fuck all about it, we watch the team every week, we are not stupid, we know when a team and a manager are up to the task and there are partically no true NUFC fans that do not back KK 100%.

Fair enough Dave, you are obviously as nervous as the rest of us right now.

Guest Toon Argy

From the outside looking in, I guess because he says one thing publicly then the club go and do the opposite 2 days later. Whether this is clever management, undermining from within or whatever, you are better placed to judge.

That said - Ashley only gave him the job this time to keep yoos lot sweet. Frankly, after Man City and England, KK wouldn't have got another premiership job.

If he thought he'd get away with it, Ashley would have appointed Wise as manager IMO. He still might if KK walks.

I'm sorry but that's typical un educated, outsider crap. You know f*** all about what NUFC needs and requires, and even less about what AShley wants (as most of ous fans haven't got a clue)

Continue to follow the myth of KK being a crap manager, you know f*** all about it, we watch the team every week, we are not stupid, we know when a team and a manager are up to the task and there are partically no true NUFC fans that do not back KK 100%.

very true

evin Keegan was the ONLY person with the bottle to take the job when he did, including Bobby Robson who had been a manager for over 20 years without so much as a thought of "going home".

Did he tell you this?

Not a patch on Southgate.

Guest Heneage

I have never nor will ever doubt Keegan. Hes manager its his decisions. I casn have my opinions on how I'd like it to be ran but my name isnt "Manager".

evin Keegan was the ONLY person with the bottle to take the job when he did, including Bobby Robson who had been a manager for over 20 years without so much as a thought of "going home".

Did he tell you this?

Well, lets put it this way. Jim Smith was the eighth choice in 1988, not too many even average managers wanted to touch the job. In 1975 Joe Harvey left when he was at Ipswich, there were plenty of managers after that. And Ipswich are were a bigger club than Newcastle

I expect that to go straight in one ear and out the other side as usual

Whatever. Lets not take this down a familiar route, I'm just agreeing with Dave, because basically he's correct and I'm a fair minded person  bluelaugh.gif

Did he tell you this?

Well, lets put it this way. Jim Smith was the eighth choice in 1988. And Ipswich are were a bigger club than Newcastle

He was the manager of England in 1988.

Did he tell you this?

Well, lets put it this way. Jim Smith was the eighth choice in 1988. And Ipswich are were a bigger club than Newcastle

He was the manager of England in 1988.

post edited. He had plenty of chances before that.

Don't know if anyone has seen the full press conference from today on NUFC.tv but Keegan sounds so positive right now and continually backs his board. I've got nothing but respect for the man, I really think he is miles and miles ahead of some of the shocking managers we've had in the recent past so long let it continue. I just can't wait until this transfer window closes so we can get back to speculating about when Ashley is selling up....oh.

Seriously though, total and utter faith right now in Keegan and the club. Didn't take a couple of decent results for this 'kneejerk' reaction, it just seems to me the club is very much being run in the right way and heading in the right direction.

Jesus wept. All this reactionary bollocks over the fact we sold a player who isn't even that good? I knew this place had it's fair share of wankers but some people need to calm the fuck down.

I have faith in KK. The interview he gives on the BBC site tells me that it was his decision and MA isn't as hands on as people in here want to believe. Put your conspiracy theories to bed, listen to what he's actually saying and suddenly it all makes sense.

I mean for fucks sake, even Mackems over the road are brushing off his earlier comments about Milner with "He probably didn't think some daft bastard would bid £12 million".

Why is everyone all of sudden questioning his every word?

This man is our best ever manager, and knows exactly what the fans want, but more importantly what the club needs to succeed.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the transfer window, I trust KK to get it right.

He's not a liar, and the way some of his comments and ideas are being pulled apart is pathetic.

dave your a star,

seasons started with KK as manager,

1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd,

It will do for me.

I've never lost faith in KK, never.

I've just been nervous about the fact we're very low on numbers and we only have a few days left to reinforce. God I hope he gets some quality in, I can really see us having an enjoyable season for 08/09 :)

Jesus wept. All this reactionary bollocks over the fact we sold a player who isn't even that good? I knew this place had it's fair share of wankers but some people need to calm the fuck down.

I have faith in KK. The interview he gives on the BBC site tells me that it was his decision and MA isn't as hands on as people in here want to believe. Put your conspiracy theories to bed, listen to what he's actually saying and suddenly it all makes sense.

I mean for fucks sake, even Mackems over the road are brushing off his earlier comments about Milner with "He probably didn't think some daft bastard would bid £12 million".

Amen

Any doubters of KK, just try and remember that he loves this club and anything he does, is done with the intention of doing what's best for the club. No-one wants to succeed here more than Kevin Keegan.

What's he expected to do when a player says he's not happy, then someone offers umpteen millions for that unhappy player, as in Milners' case. Had Milner been happy, then i don't think he'd have considered selling him. The circumstances are different however.

I guess he feels he has little option other than to sell.

Long live King Kev!

Why is everyone all of sudden questioning his every word?

This man is our best ever manager, and knows exactly what the fans want, but more importantly what the club needs to succeed.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the transfer window, I trust KK to get it right.

He's not a liar, and the way some of his comments and ideas are being pulled apart is pathetic.

I hope you take this attitude from now on with anyone who questions the place of Smith, Duff, Ameobi, etc in the squad.