Man Utd - Reign coming to an end or just a bad start?

Decky

Can't believe this thread is even here

You mustnt have an idea of the point im trying to make, im not talking about this season, im talking about next when/if Ronaldo leaves, im simply using the first few games of this season (without him) as an example of what next year might be like for them.

Giggs is practically finished man, his impact has been minimal over the last couple of seasons. Scholes has been playing a lot deeper lately of which Anderson will take over that role when he retires with ease. Losing Cristiano is obviously the key, but with the funds they would get for him imagine the damage they could do in the market?

They've got a spine of youth in their team, but youth that are already top players and some with the potential to get even better.

Giggs still has class in his boots. His touch, intelligence and passing are grossly underrated because he used to be an all-out spectacular dribbler, when in fact hes a very good all round footballer. I have a dislike for Nani because I hate the way the c*** snarls after everything that doesnt go his way, so im a bit biased against him, but even beyond that bias I dont think he's that good a player - as a Giggs replacement, hes a step or two down.

Andersen looks half the player Scholes is imo. Which is still pretty decent, but he's got a long, long way to go if he's to be in the same class as Scholes.

Agree with the Nani talking but in central midfield they are well placed. Got some of those floppy haired dudes coming through to play with Carrick, Anderson & Hargreaves.

I cant believe nobody has mentioned the loss of Carlos Queiroz in this thread.

Whilst I don't think Man United are about to disintegrate, I think they will suffer considerably from losing Quieroz.

Agreed.  SAF is a very hands off manager, focusing more on the backroom moving and shaking and CQ was the guy who ran the practices while Fergie would watch/tap up people/try to justify a Scholes tackle or handball.  Obviously I'm taking the piss, but the part about SAF being hands off and CQ running training is true.

Martin O'Neill doesn't run Villa training either. MON said he has to have impact when he has point to make & he thinks you cant do that by being the voice the players hear everyday, so he will only get involved if he has to. 

Giggs is practically finished man, his impact has been minimal over the last couple of seasons. Scholes has been playing a lot deeper lately of which Anderson will take over that role when he retires with ease. Losing Cristiano is obviously the key, but with the funds they would get for him imagine the damage they could do in the market?

They've got a spine of youth in their team, but youth that are already top players and some with the potential to get even better.

Giggs still has class in his boots. His touch, intelligence and passing are grossly underrated because he used to be an all-out spectacular dribbler, when in fact hes a very good all round footballer. I have a dislike for Nani because I hate the way the c*** snarls after everything that doesnt go his way, so im a bit biased against him, but even beyond that bias I dont think he's that good a player - as a Giggs replacement, hes a step or two down.

Andersen looks half the player Scholes is imo. Which is still pretty decent, but he's got a long, long way to go if he's to be in the same class as Scholes.

Agree with the Nani talking but in central midfield they are well placed. Got some of those floppy haired dudes coming through to play with Carrick, Anderson & Hargreaves.

i think they are fine in central midfield, but not world class. hargreaves, carrick, anderson, now scholes are all one notch below world-class. also think a world-class attacking right-back (someone as good as Evra) would improve them quite a bit too.

Guest optimistic nit

I cant believe nobody has mentioned the loss of Carlos Queiroz in this thread.

Whilst I don't think Man United are about to disintegrate, I think they will suffer considerably from losing Quieroz.

probably a good point.