One word to describe your approach to your current job.

Happy Face

which is it?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. which is it?

• Passionate
    • Indifferrent
    • Motivated
    • Uninspired
    • Ambitious
    • Comfortable
    • Bored
    • Excited
    • Contemptuous
    • Respectful
    • Student/Unemployed - I don't count
    • Other - what? I'll add it

I quite enjoy my job but would never say I.T. was what I wanted to do.  Can't decide if I actually want to do this the rest of my life.  I suppose thinking about it means I'm contemplating the options, so I can't like it that much.

How happy are forumers in the job they're doing

Im stuck in a huge rut jobwise.

Totally hate my job to the point it almost depresses me and tbh I dread the alarm clock going off in the morning. Its at the point where I put in the bare minimum effort not to get sacked and am only sticking it out for the much needed ££££'s 

Currently searching for a decent career to take me through the next 35 years.

Completely regretting not goin to uni or learning a trade.

Apart from that everythings fine!  bluebiggrin.gif  :thup:

Motivated. I'm working in an an area which interests me. I only wish things were a bit more settled organisationally, and that I got paid what I'm actually worth. Same old story.  :roll:

Guest NSMagpie

Ambitious. I'm going places. bluecool.gif

Mostly to the tearoom though. ;)

People make me tea, honey. tongue3.gif

You lucky swine... bluesigh.gif

Depends on how good they actually are at making tea.

I would be happy to exchange two tea making assistants, for one apt in the art of making a perfect cup of espresso. But, that's just me, bloody continental bastard.  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest NSMagpie

bosses are the kind of idiots to trust those who make their tea  bluelaugh.gif

True. That's why I have an espresso machine and drink only coffee.

Im stuck in a huge rut jobwise.

Totally hate my job to the point it almost depresses me and tbh I dread the alarm clock going off in the morning. Its at the point where I put in the bare minimum effort not to get sacked and am only sticking it out for the much needed ££££'s 

Currently searching for a decent career to take me through the next 35 years.

Completely regretting not goin to uni or learning a trade.

Apart from that everythings fine!  bluebiggrin.gif  :thup:

Going to uni doesn't immunise you from getting a boring job. Unfortunately.

This is a hard one. They remunerate me very well so i have to respect the investment. The area i work in is fascinating but when it comes down to it, all business is made up of is self-interest and the need to make profit. The obvious choice is to do something 'worthy' but then you dont get paid as much.

When i was in my late 20's i questioned this all the time and wanted to know why i bothered. Now i know all (or most) organisations are full of the same shit.

The bottom line is dont look to your work to provide meaning in your life.

Work to play, never the other way round.

This is a hard one. They remunerate me very well so i have to respect the investment. The area i work in is fascinating but when it comes down to it, all business is made up of is self-interest and the need to make profit. The obvious choice is to do something 'worthy' but then you dont get paid as much.

When i was in my late 20's i questioned this all the time and wanted to know why i bothered. Now i know all (or most) organisations are full of the same shit.

God, I wanted to be the one to say that.

Ah well, fair play to you. Well said. :clap:

BTW - I would have said Work to Live, rather than Live to Work. Or what you said.

Spot on.  :thup: blueyes.gif

God, I wanted to be the one to say that.

Ah well, fair play to you. Well said. :clap:

BTW - I would have said Work to Live, rather than Live to Work. Or what you said.

:lol:

Aye you're right but 'work to play' does really sum it up better.

In conclusion to HF's question, my approach is treat work as part of the nourishment of life but its a means to an end and not the other way round  :cool:

I love the way you say 'renumerated' Chix. Just sounds so professional. tongue.gif

Remunerated, surely?

And I guess that's just a fancy way of saying he's fuckin loaded. Jammy git! ;)