Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

If you are on youtube, don't mix up your Ignachio Gonzalezes. Some agent has posted a compilation of some hapless left back.

type in Nacho Uraguay

Looks good considering most of it is taken from one game and its not his best bits from about 200 games

We had signed Friedel on a short term loan, and we only sent him back when we discovered he wasn't going to get a permit for a long term deal.

Wrong, we had him on loan and he was refused a work permit.

Haven't you just said what I've just said?

Loan work permits are easier to get.

We once had a loan work permit for Friedel.

I'm sure we couldn't get a work permit for him and I'm sure the mackems also tried and failed.

We had signed Friedel on a short term loan, and we only sent him back when we discovered he wasn't going to get a permit for a long term deal.

Apparently work permits aren't an issue because he has an Italian passport.

Gonzalez does?

Yeah

If you are on youtube, don't mix up your Ignachio Gonzalezes. Some agent has posted a compilation of some hapless left back.

type in Nacho Uraguay

Looks good considering most of it is taken from one game and its not his best bits from about 200 games

might have been his bestest game ever though

I suppose I did that time but we didn't get a work permit, you said something earlier about a loan work permit but we didn't get one of those as we didn't need a one until we tried to sign him.

No thanks, very much like the Obinna-Everton situation.

Would never feel comfortable loaning a player with the sole purpose of keeping him warm for another club.

We've got an option to buy Obinna.

I suppose I did that time but we didn't get a work permit, you said something earlier about a loan work permit but we didn't get one of those as we didn't need a one until we tried to sign him.

From my understanding Friedel was registered to us as a loan player, and we only got rid when an application for a work permit for a permanent deal was turned down. I just don't see how he was allowed to sign on loan in the first place unless that was the case. Of course, I was young at the time.

Anyhow, with Gonzalez, is there not some loophole for loans and work permits, given that the player is a 'contractor' working for another EU company? Although perhaps he does have an Italian passport so work permits aren't an issue, but some work permit workaround would be the only way this deal makes any sense.

Would never feel comfortable loaning a player with the sole purpose of keeping him warm for another club.

Surely not. Why would they sign him this summer just to loan him out and then sell him the next year?

Fair crack.

I'd be happy with a similar situation here, but if we don't I would not feel comfortable with it in the slightest.

Would have shades of Rossi about it.

Surely not. Why would they sign him this summer just to loan him out and then sell him the next year?

They've had part ownership of him for years. They just bought out the rest of his rights, probably to sell him for a profit.

They've had part ownership of him for years. They just bought out the rest of his rights, probably to sell him for a profit.

that makes more sense.

And if we weren't able to get anyone else in, surely it would be a good idea, even until January so we could get someone else then.

if you watch youtube and look at his attributes he is mobile and agile and drives the ball. an emre type player

I don't remember Emre being very mobile or agile during his time here.

If we haven't got a price to buy him at the end of then it's a complete waste of time.

Aye. Unless we see it as a means to an end (ie we can't attract the quality we want right now).

Guest LucaAltieri

Master stroke from Keegan... says he doesn't want any South American players then signs a bunch. Obviously done to throw the Spurs scouts off course.

From my understanding Friedel was registered to us as a loan player, and we only got rid when an application for a work permit for a permanent deal was turned down. I just don't see how he was allowed to sign on loan in the first place unless that was the case. Of course, I was young at the time.

Anyhow, with Gonzalez, is there not some loophole for loans and work permits, given that the player is a 'contractor' working for another EU company? Although perhaps he does have an Italian passport so work permits aren't an issue, but some work permit workaround would be the only way this deal makes any sense.

I'm not sure about loopholes, Friedel couldn't play in this country so went to play in Denmark (I think) until he could meet the criteria.  When he was here he trained with us so could have been here as a tourist as long as he didn't work and I would guess that he was OK as long as we didn't pay him.