Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can't say I'm massively keen on signing someone on loan who we have no option to buy. I can see how it could be positive long-term if he helps us up the league and therefore we are able to attract better players next year, but it still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I'll admit I was hoping for better.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Everton loaned Fernandes twice

Arsenal loaned Baptista

Man Utd loaned Tevez

We have probably missed a trick in recent years being too proud to loan players. 80% of premier league clubs loan players including the top 4. I am sure we will have some sort of option on him

Arsenal loaned Baptista

Man Utd loaned Tevez

We have probably missed a trick in recent years being too proud to loan players. 80% of premier league clubs loan players including the top 4. I am sure we will have some sort of option on him

liverpool maschereno aswell

Arsenal loaned Baptista

Man Utd loaned Tevez

liverpool maschereno aswell

Chelsea with Maniche.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There are lots of examples of loan deals

what i am saying is that we shouldnt be too proud as a club to use it. I think it is a very positive step

Not bothered about the loan, more bothered as to whether this guy us any good?

judging by the youtube video, impeccable first touch and close control, some good measured through balls and what i want most of all in our midfield signing, he goes straight for the heart of the defence when he gets the ball

looks a great player but as others have already said, its a youtube video so you cant really tell

Newcastle fucked up the Rossi transfer to be honest. We should have played him more, we should have played to his strengths, and we should have won his loyalty.

If we had, we'd have had a quality player on our books. He's better than Martins.

Newcastle fucked up the Rossi transfer to be honest. We should have played him more, we should have played to his strengths, and we should have won his loyalty.

If we had, we'd have had a quality player on our books. He's better than Martins.

Hindsight's a lovely thing isn't it.

I said at the time he should be getting more games, so there :razz:

I agree with all of that and i rate Martins. He was the victim of poor management.

We can talk all day about whether we should be loaning players and the implications of it but if this Gonzalez is good enough, get him here.

If after a year this guy has had a storming season, we would be in a strong position to get him long term. If he's shite, no loss. 

Roeder was thick as pig shit, simple really.

Haha, possibly but surely you didn't know he would have the impact he is currently? ;)

Haha, possibly but surely you didn't know he would have the impact he is currently? ;)

I knew he would do well for any team that played him as in terms of technique and intelligence he was a class above at the time. I also reckoned he would become a starter for Italy. That hasn't happenned yet.