Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Guinness

I don't like the idea of this deal, we've had a lack of creativity in midfield for years and should be looking to plug the gap permanently.

Maybe we have an option to buy. Someone posted earlier that he's part owned by Valencia, and they have bought out his other clubs half. That would lead me to believe they are looking to sell him.

An option to buy would change things a bit, hope this is the case if there's any truth in this rumour.

can`t believe some people are turning their nose up at this...........I guess those people want us to persevere with Butt and Guthrie to provide our midfield attacking/creative threat then :rolleyes:

Anyways, you don`t know what the situation will be next season at Valencia. They have a young player called Juan Manuel Mata who plays their current creative attacking midfield position (same as Gonzalez) so they might have no room for him next season.IF he impresses we might be able to sign him no problem.

I guess if Manuel Fernandes was made available for loan again you`d want us to turn that down too

We have since had some information from a Uruguayan reader about the player, and we’d like to pass it on from somebody who knows the player well.

Here’s what one of our readers, Dani, told us about González: 

He is a classic South America number 10.

A pure playmaker, with the added bonus he is a great header.

I would say the closest player to him is Michael Ballack - or should I say, in Europe.

I see Nacho as Ballack as you guys don’t seem to play with 10s.

He has spent his entire career at Danubio, and is a guaranteed starter on the National Team, although he will not be playing in next match due to his recent inactivity.

The Big Question - Can he adapt to be our Ballack?

YES - he has a good physique and won’t crumble in the middle. His passing versatility doesn’t get hindered being pushed a few meters back.

He also plays that position on the National Team, where he has 3 strikers to play off, nestled in between the defensive midfields.

If given confidence and with two Argentines already in the squad to reduce anxiety, it should be a good move.

Especially if on loan, free chance, with a good buy option!

http://www.nufcblog.com/2008/08/31/transfer-news/information-on-loan-target-ignacio-gonzalez/

Guest neesy111

don't know whether it has been posted?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4074606,00.html

Newcastle have agreed a loan deal for Valencia's Uruguay international Ignacio Gonzalez, according to the Spanish club.

The midfielder only joined Los Che over the summer, but with Unai Emery's squad currently well stocked in that department he has been allowed to move on.

The South American is expected to sign a season-long deal on Tyneside, although he will not join up with his new team-mates until he returns from international duty.

Gonzalez is due to represent his country in 2010 World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Ecuador on 6th and 10th September respectively.

Reports in Spain suggest the 26-year-old has already passed a medical at St James' Park, with the paperwork set to be pushed through before the transfer window closes on Monday.

"We have many players who can play in midfield and this is an excellent solution for both sides," Valencia vice-president Fernando Gomez told reporters after Saturday's game with Mallorca.

"We expect the formalities to be completed on Monday morning."

He is 26 years old and they have let him go because they already have too many options, as said I reckon there will be the chance to sign him at the end of the loan. Plus he will get more game time than Rossi did.

Cool. :thup: Not bothered if it's a stopgap really, if this is what it takes to get a decent midfielder in. It was always going to be difficult to get a big-name creative player this summer. We can postpone an official solution to that problem if need be, but we do need something for the here and now - and hopefully this guy fits the bill.

Another interesting find - know FUCK all about him though. :)

He is 26 years old and they have let him go because they already have too many options, as said I reckon there will be the chance to sign him at the end of the loan. Plus he will get more game time than Rossi did.

Makes you wonder why they bothered to sign him then...

... they have just signed him right? I'm not missing something am i? :iamatwat:

They already owned half of him, they've just bought the other half as it were.

Maybe they're trying to flog him.

From reading what others have said they already part owned him so maybe they have bought out the rest of his registration and will look to sell him next year.

All guess work though.