Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is 26 years old and they have let him go because they already have too many options, as said I reckon there will be the chance to sign him at the end of the loan. Plus he will get more game time than Rossi did.

Makes you wonder why they bothered to sign him then...

... they have just signed him right? I'm not missing something am i? :iamatwat:

He signed for Valencia today.

It is thought that Valencia owned half his economic rights, as is the practice at Spanish clubs atmo, but exercised their option to buy him outright in the attempt to get more money from him in the future.

Happy with that, can't understand that they've bought him and now realised they have enough midfielders, it's not like he's a young lad looking for experience. It's vital we've got at least one midfielder in though :)

Edit: James's post, oh right.

Guest optimistic nit

he plays for valencia who had a shitter last season and are in financial difficulties, so i would say if, at the end of the season we wanted to buy him, we would be able too no problem whether we had an option or not, although i'd obviously be happier if we had the option.

he plays for valencia who had a shitter last season and are in financial difficulties, so i would say if, at the end of the season we wanted to buy him, we would be able too no problem whether we had an option or not, although i'd obviously be happier if we had the option.

Or if he has a really good season for us (here's hoping!) it will have alerted all the other Premiership clubs and we risk losing him to the highest bidder. I am pleased we have got another reinforcement in, even though I have never heard of him before, but it does seem to be a short term move which will not do much for us structurally. A cynic would even say we have failed to get the targets we wanted and have resorted to a stop gap solution, like we did with Rossi before. Let's hope it works out well!

Guest optimistic nit

Or if he has a really good season for us (here's hoping!) it will have alerted all the other Premiership clubs and we risk losing him to the highest bidder. I am pleased we have got another reinforcement in, even though I have never heard of him before, but it does seem to be a short term move which will not do much for us structurally. A cynic would even say we have failed to get the targets we wanted and have resorted to a stop gap solution, like we did with Rossi before. Let's hope it works out well!

i suppose that could happen. if he has a good season here i cant see him being at valencia next season, an option to buy would make us all feel a bit more comfortable.

As i said earlier, if a stop-gap is what it takes this year then i'm happy tbh - so long as they're of the right standard. It was always going to be very difficult to get an Arda or a Modric this summer, so we can postpone the final solution for a year, and make do with this guy. Here's hoping he's up to it for (atleast) a year.

There's nowt to say he isn't better than Arda/Modric, anyway. :D

Guest optimistic nit

Wonder if he has a turn of pace........what on earth would we call him...........

jamie redknapp would call him a poor man's james milner.

Dont believe we would have him without the option to buy, at any rate its down to the Kev, the club and us to win him over if he really is any good, a whole season would certainly give us a decent chance at that.

If he doesnt want to stay at the end or go to a bigger club such is life, rather have players that want to be here.