Few points after todays game

Decky

Seen alot of negative comments in the match thread and fear an extremely negative and tedious night on the board, well for a start we lost away to Arsenal, before people get all doom and gloom just remember its Arsenal, this isnt Derby away again i mean most teams outside of the top 4 will go to Arsenal and get done over this season, some by more than 3 goals.

There are some good points to take from todays game. Jonas, Bassong, Guthrie and Colo showed some more signs of being good buys for us. Given made a few good saves and is showing signs of having the quality we remember him for, which is refreshing after the criticism he got last season. Owen got another 90 minutes in and would of got another goal had Ameobi not been playing, so thats a plus aswell.

I think people should just wind their necks in and look forward to tonight, tomorrow and Monday, as im sure we will see some new faces come in. In 2 weeks we are home to Hull and could potentially go on a decent run looking at our fixtures. So aye, howay the lads O0

Would like to echo the sentiment in the opening post. Arsenal are good enough to bury even quality teams such as the milans of this world by good scores.

I do however disagree with the praise of Colo's performance tonight. Too many times he stepped out of the line to try and win the ball and didn't and it cost us on a few occasions.

Taylor, Guthrie or Gutierrez my man of the match. Probably Taylor, good game when others around him lost their heads. In Rudyard Kipling's eyes, he's now a man.

We need some bodys in that are of a premiership standard, the complete lack of depth has shown that. I'm not too bothered about the game though, We've had a decent start overrall and have Hull at home next. Perfect chance to bounce back.

Guest VegasToon

Arsenal played very well today.  One game doesn't make our season.  I am happy with 4 points, especially since we already played Man U and Arsenal away.

Need a couple of players in, get some others healthy and we will be fine.  

AND SHOLA SHOULD NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.  He is absolute shit.

The Hull games not for 2 weeks!?!?!?!?!

Oh f*** off!

Gives us time to get new players gelled in, and get other players fit.

2 weeks is a bonus.

I want a game tomorrow to get this defeat out of our system, there is nowt worse than brooding on it for 2 weeks.

Guest mikefin

Probably Taylor, good game when others around him lost their heads. In Rudyard Kipling's eyes, he's now a man.

Was late when they did they second and third. Same as Beye. Or did you meant that he was our man of misery?

Probably Taylor, good game when others around him lost their heads. In Rudyard Kipling's eyes, he's now a man.

Was late when they did they second and third. Same as Beye. Or did you meant that he was our man of misery?

I don't understand what you're saying here? The second goal was because Guthrie didn't track back with his man causing Taylor to have to come across off his man and Beye couldn't pick up Taylor's man quick enough. When you're having to make a decision on whether to cover the midfield runner or your attacker whilst sprinting backwards within 2 or 3 seconds it's difficult to make a decision. As far as i'm concerned he made the right one, you step over and take the free man and hope your full back, with a better view of the situation than you (more of a panorama as he's behind the play) anticipates quickly and takes your man. Beye never.

Will have another view of the third goal and post in response to that a bit later.

Guest Narttu

I think Taylor was s****. 2nd half remember situation that led to Nasri´s freekick. Gave Adebayor too much time and space on the ball when he should have clipped him early on. Taylor backtracks far too much, dunno why though.

Butt and Guthrie didnt help the defense at all actually. Especially in the second half they were allowed to run at our centre halves too many times.  :dave:

Bassong, Zog and Jonas were decent or good. Some of our passing was good too, no long ball rubbish anymore. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

At least Taylor closed people down and made some blocks and won some headers in the air. He and Colo were shit, 9 of our 11 were. Who was more shit or less shit is like choosing between eating shit or puke.

Defenders didn't have the best of times, but again, the problems stem from a lack of protection from the midfield.

I like Guthrie, but you simply can't have him and Butt in the same team.

Defenders didn't have the best of times, but again, the problems stem from a lack of protection from the midfield.

I like Guthrie, but you simply can't have him and Butt in the same team.

It's true, just as our defence will (generally) benefit from having a Colo in it. Someone with presence, quality and footballing authority. We need a Colo in our centre midfield. Just a guaranteed very solid (potentially) world class player. But we have Butt and Guthrie. The former should only play in a midfield 3. The latter should be the equivalent of Freddie Flintoff bowling: first change.

Guest mikefin

Beye and Taylor were awful. its not help if you won couple of headers if you are there and watch closely when opponents did their goals.

My ratings:

Given 7 - Solid

Beye 4 - Awful

Taylor 5 - Not his day

Coloccini 6 - Average

Enrique 6 - No mistakes

N'Zogbia 5 - Nothing useful, cost a penalty

Butt 5 - 3-0

Guthrie 5,5 - Solid at times, but not there when needed

Jonas 7 - Our best player

Owen 6 - Did his best

Ameobi 0 - go fuck yourself

Bassong 6 - No mistakes

We need games like this, especially early in the season.  Arsenals game was sublime at times. 

If I could have a wish though, it would be to never see Taylor, Butt or Ameobi in a Newcastle shirt again.  I don't hate them, i'm just very tired of them, they give us nothing.  I know Taylor has his fans, but he is too easily put in a panic for my liking.

TBF, a lot of teams will be bummed off Arsenal like that this season.

We just have to make sure they dont do that to us at home.  Home form this season will be VITAL.

I'd rather get hammered off Arsenal at the Emirates than at West Ham or at home to Pompey - I know which club will be in CRISIS in tomorrow's chip wrappers though.

Guest mikefin

If I could have a wish though, it would be to never see Taylor, Butt or Ameobi in a Newcastle shirt again.  I don't hate them, i'm just very tired of them, they give us nothing.  I know Taylor has his fans, but he is too easily put in a panic for my liking.

i dont agree with Butt part 'cause i think he could be good squad player, but when it comes to Ameobi... He is horrible. I dont speak english so well that i could actually say how much i hate him, but he really is shit. Always been and always will. Why on earth he's hanging in there. Kick him out -  even for free, if no one want him. Sack him!

TBF, a lot of teams will be bummed off Arsenal like that this season.

We just have to make sure they dont do that to us at home.  Home form this season will be VITAL.

I'd rather get hammered off Arsenal at the Emirates than at West Ham or at home to Pompey - I know which club will be in CRISIS in tomorrow's chip wrappers though.

Exactly, home form is vital.

Guest Stephen927

4 points from our first 3 games, I would have been happy with 3.

Arsenal were simply unplayable today, some top football from them.

4 points from our first 3 games, I would have been happy with 3.

Arsenal were simply unplayable today, some top football from them.

Cold hard facts at the end of the day. We couldnt rightfully ask for more.

Lots to take from the game, lessons and positives. Will hopefully get in the players we need and have two weeks to regroup and push forward.

Good times. (pending the results of the transfer window!)