Aaron Lennon

Heron

I have a sneaking suspicion we may sign this fella. With Milner going, and Lennon appearing to be struggling to get into the Tottenham team, I reckon we may just go for him. I also think he may prove to be an ideal addition to our squad.

He has amazing pace which will frighten defences, and because of this you could play him on the left if you had too. I reckon we could probably get him for £12million or less also. I don't think he's any worse than Milner either, maybe for his tackling or something but that's about it.

What do you's reckon?

Ramos said he doesn't want to go and Lennon said the same thing.

Has a strange hairline and shaves bits of his eyebrows out. Load of pace and no end product. Doubt it'll happen otherwise the Spurs ITKs (Spurs fans, basically) would have said.

I reckon this should be put into the "Who's singing on the final day thread".

Aye.

Dont see him leaving though. Wouldnt be against him coming here due to what we have, he would be the new dyer though. We could do better, but are unlikely to before tmrw's deadline.

Guest kingdawson

I have a feeling you'll sign him too (or at least bid for him). The links to Sergio garcia is what has given me this feeling.

£12m for Lennon?!

No way.

I didn't say we should spend that amount. If you read it properly I say I think we could get him for £12million or less. I.e. less than what we got for Milner.

Also, Milner never had an end product either. At least Lennon has a bit of pace which may frighten defenders.

Guest Anders28

£12 mill is way to much for Lennon.

Would rather have Arda Turan or something in that category.

But I can't see us going for another winger at this point.

A central midfielder, a target man up front and a let-back would please me.

NOT Lennon

At the end of the day he's no worse than Milner. So if you can sign him for a lesser amount you have made a profit....if nothing else. It also provides a bit more cover for the right flank.

I'm not saying he'd be my ideal signing, but he's no worse than Milner so if we get him at a reasonable price as a short-term option I certaintly wouldn't complain.

Guest Anth.Nufc

I had a phone call to say we had signed Lennon for 10.3m and Henry for 15m! i thought i was true for about 5mins untill i checked skysports :dave:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Quote from KEvin Keegan, manager of Newcastle, United Football Club. "We may be bringing one or two QUALITY players in, with the EMPHASIS being on QUALITY".

Think that puts an end to this ugly, ugly rumour.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Post match interview vs Arsenal United Football Club.

Really, because all the qoutes I've heard say 2 or 3 players, and in the Newcastle World interview with KK, he says that the situation was the same as Friday night (i.e. 4 or 5 irons in the fire, 2 far along, 3 maybes). He said they hadn't moved along as he was too busy preparing for the match.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he said 1-2. That may be wrong, but he did 100% say the emphasis was on quality players which hints that if we can't sign the right players, we won't make panic signings. It also hints that we won't sign Lennon because he's shite, and from Tottenham United football club whcih makes him double shite.

He is a dreadful player considering his reputation, pace a couple of tricks and absolutely nothing else. I'd rather we went out and signed Keith Gillispie. Would be very very very very very worried if we did sign him.