Charles De Gaul Airport (CDG)

Adam

Right, I'm off to Montpelier tomorrow, only stuck in CDG for an hour on the way there but on the way back i'm there for 5 hours. I remember from the last time I was there, the level of English was a bit crap. So anyone know where the best place to get something to eat etc is.

there are 4 greggs (of pastie fame) in belgium. you've got 5 hrs and it's not that far

lol, I was considering nipping in to Paris, but I duno. Though I don't have to check in again so I suppose I could.

If you've only got an hour, I seriously recommend that you spend that time running to catch your plane, otherwise you'll likely miss it. CDG is a nightmare to get around in my experience, and you'll probably have to wait for 20 minutes to get on a fucking bus that'll take about another 20 minutes to take you a distance you could walk in 5 and to top it off it'll be back in the direction you came. When I was there last I literally sprinted (well as literally as I could manage) from one end to the other, I made it, but my bag didn't and when I got to the states they said they'd drop it off for me which I have to say I was impressed with - as the airport was an hour or so away from where I was staying - however, I wasn't so impressed with having to get out of bed at about 5-6am the next day and go out into the street to get it from some bloke in a truck.

If you've got 5 hours on the way back though, a brisk walk might suffice.

Yea I've been through it before, it was a nightmare. On the way there I'm going to jsut go straight through. On the way back I don't fancy being stuck in the same spot for ages. Wish I could of gone via Schiphol, such a mint airport.

Yea I've been through it before, it was a nightmare. On the way there I'm going to jsut go straight through. On the way back I don't fancy being stuck in the same spot for ages. Wish I could of gone via Schiphol, such a mint airport.

Schiphol is class, have you ever had a go in one of those massage places? No, not that kind of massage you pervs!! :p

agreed. I hate CDG airport......absolutely nowt to do in that airport. I always try to make sure I go via AMS as there`s comfy seats to relax in (2nd floor) or have a nap if you`re waiting for a connecting flight

Still might have a jolly in to Paris, though I don't want to miss my flight for obvious reasons. Though 45 transfer in to Paris duno if I can be arsed. Might just bum around, or just do a lap of the place that should take at least 3 hours.

Right I'm sitting in 2E right now, the building is quite nice really, but the lack of shops and places to eat is just horrific. I can't believe this place is a major hub, the only thing that makes up for it is the comfy seats and the wood finish on the roof.

If they had a big hall like all the other airports it would be ok but they have to section it all off so once you go through security there is nothing to eat or buy (unless you like overpriced sandwiches and £400 hugo boss suits) . Just glad I have this can of Heiniken or I might of gone mad.

Right I'm sitting in 2E right now, the building is quite nice really, but the lack of shops and places to eat is just horrific. I can't believe this place is a major hub, the only thing that makes up for it is the comfy seats and the wood finish on the roof.

If they had a big hall like all the other airports it would be ok but they have to section it all off so once you go through security there is nothing to eat or buy (unless you like overpriced sandwiches and £400 hugo boss suits) . Just glad I have this can of Heiniken or I might of gone mad.

So...what went down in Montpellier?  >:D

the point of Airports is to get you onto a plane as fast as possible - only BAA think they should be shopping and eating destinations TBH

You have never been to Schiphol then.

Was in Mont for a conference was really good, nice and warm, great food. Women are amazingly fit, my french however is not !

the best airport in the world is Changi in Singapore - it's fantastic - but they measure themselves against Schipol which is the 2md best major airport int eh world

Of the MAJOR airports its a toss up between Heathrow,  LA and Schermetyevo as to the darkest pit