*******NCAA Football Season********

sicsfingeredmong

Week One

Notable results:

Missouri survive old rivals Illinois in a 90 point shootout. Potential BCS ramifications for the Big Ten in the event of Ohio State losing to USC in a couple of weeks. If the Buckeyes lose this one that will mean that two of the Big Ten's strongest BCS hopefuls would have lost early on, in conferennce v conference play. The BCS voters will not allow another Big Ten champ to stink-up another title decider.

ACC pre-season favourites Clemson flogged by Alabama.

........... and another shocking start for Michigan at the Big House - on the back of it's opening two home defeats top App.State and Oregon last season - losing to Utah.

Resident UGA fan checking in. 

I think all the talk of a national title is premature but we're definitely in the mix for it.  All of that talk about the SEC beating each other up, thus resulting in a lot of 6-2 conference teams that the BCS can't/won't consider, might be on the money.  I hate that fucking thing.  We need a playoff system.

Fuck it though, as long as we stomp Florida, Tech and Tennessee, I'll be pleased with a good Bowl.

Resident UGA fan checking in. 

I think all the talk of a national title is premature but we're definitely in the mix for it. All of that talk about the SEC beating each other up, thus resulting in a lot of 6-2 conference teams that the BCS can't/won't consider, might be on the money.  I hate that f***ing thing.  We need a playoff system.

f*** it though, as long as we stomp Florida, Tech and Tennessee, I'll be pleased with a good Bowl.

Tough conference road schedule for UGA and there are question marks hanging over their receiving corps consistency, something to consider because defense will stack the line and run blitz in an effort to contain Knowshen. Although i have a feeling that Auburn may be the dark horse in the SEC this time around - especially with a revamped offensive scheme, to compliment their usually tough defense.

Athough i think 10-2 record might be enough for the SEC champ to land a spot in the title game. Much depends on the outcome of the aforementioned USC-OS game. An early season BCS v BCS conference defeat for the Big Ten's flagship in the rankings will immediately push the Big Ten out of consideration, even if OS goes undefeated in conference play. After consecutive 'no-shows' in the title decider, against SEC teams, the voters will not display the same amount faith for a third time.

For what it's worth Oklahoma appear loaded this season, with Texas Tech's high powered passing offense being the potential banana skin which stands in the way of an undefeated regular season for the Sooners.

Week 2

Oklahoma and Missouri both post strong wins thanks to their respective high powered offenses. Both sides racked up 50 points.

A season of maturation appears to have paid off for Florida's defense. They held Miami to 3 points, admittedly the Hurricanes are in a state of rebuilding. The obvious key for the Gators is keeping Team Tebow intact and out of harms way during conference play, most notably against an always tough LSU defensive frontline in thier upcoming match-up.

Any good Mike's or Safety's in their senior year this season shaman?

As a Bronco fan, I'd be very interested to know. Heard big things about a MLB called Maulauga (sp?) who should be coming out next year, how good is he?

As a Bronco fan, I'd be very interested to know. Heard big things about a MLB called Maulauga (sp?) who should be coming out next year, how good is he?

USC's Maulauga's reputation is justafied. Big-time athlete, and a big hitter. A linebacker in the mould of Seau, and somebody a team can build a defense around. Broncos will need to either have a s*** season, or trade up in the draft next year in order to get him as he looks a top 5 prospect for next season. USC have another 1st round LB prospect in Brian Cushing, who comes off an injury affected campaign last year.

A mystery prospect in the mix is Spikes of Florida. As the speed & strength to play as outside rushing DE, but if he posts big numbers this season he could enter the early. Could play in both DE and OLB positions, much like Elvis Dulmerville.

As for safeties, Taylor Mays is the most highly thought of prospect at the minute, but there are many storied defensive programs who can produce NFL-ready players capable of advancing themselves on many a scouts' recruiting boards. For instance Miami have an impressive record when it comes to producing Pro Bowl calibre safeties and cornerbacks - there's something in Florida's drinking water.

USC's Maulauga's reputation is justafied. Big-time athlete, and a big hitter. A linebacker in the mould of Seau, and somebody a team can build a defense around. Broncos will need to either have a s*** season, or trade up in the draft next year in order to get him as he looks a top 5 prospect for next season. USC have another 1st round LB prospect in Brian Cushing, who comes off an injury affected campaign last year.

A mystery prospect in the mix is Spikes of Florida. As the speed & strength to play as outside rushing DE, but if he posts big numbers this season he could enter the early. Could play in both DE and OLB positions, much like Elvis Dulmerville.

As for safeties, Taylor Mays is the most highly thought of prospect at the minute, but there are many storied defensive programs who can produce NFL-ready players capable of advancing themselves on many a scouts' recruiting boards. For instance Miami have an impressive record when it comes to producing Pro Bowl calibre safeties and cornerbacks - there's something in Florida's drinking water.

Not even close to the right spelling mate. :lol:

With DJ Williams back to WLB and given a new contract, I think we're set at that spot for a while yet. That said, Jarvis Moss from the Gators was inactive against Oakland and by all accounts seems to be really struggling to adapt to the NFL, so a DE early wouldn't surprise me with Denver. He did have a bad injury last year though I guess, so we'll see how he does as the year progresses.

Pretty sure Shanahan is more or less done with his building of the offense and next year will be all about the D, so hopefully it's a good defensive draft as we need help in pretty much every position bar cornerback as far as I can see.  :undecided:

Ohip State and the Big Ten's BSC credentials have now been officially shot to pieces, after USC routed the Buckeyes 35-3. OSU won't be given a third consecutive opportunity to stink-up another title decider. Barring a 'mental black-out', as seen against Stanford last season, USC should go undefeated.

Notable result for top ranked Georgia - road game against South Carolina represented a potential banana skin early in the season. Oklahoma and Missouri both record impressive wins.

Can't wait for OU to slip when they're not beating up on Sister Marys Children of the Poor each week.  We "only" beat South Carolina 14-7, sure, but f*** me, Spurrier coached teams are consistent in one thing and one thing only: they're game raising cunts when it comes to Georgia. 

Oh well.  Our receivers really need to step up.  Moreno can't do it all alone.

edit: SEC BIAS ;)

South Carolina will never be successful, even with Spurrier in charge.  It's a school full of criminals, drug addicts, and fuck ups, and that's not just the football team.  But Spurrier does have to stoop and recruit talented players with questionable backgrounds because nobody that's both talented and well adjusted would go to Carolina.

Can't wait for OU to slip when they're not beating up on Sister Marys Children of the Poor each week.  We "only" beat South Carolina 14-7, sure, but f*** me, Spurrier coached teams are consistent in one thing and one thing only: they're game raising c***s when it comes to Georgia. 

Oh well.  Our receivers really need to step up.  Moreno can't do it all alone.

edit: SEC BIAS ;)

He & your goal-line defense bailed UGA out of the shite this week. South Carolina have enjoyed recent success against the Dogs - good one to get out of the way.

The marquee game this week: LSU travel to Jordan Hare Stadium, to face Auburn. It's been ten years since LSU collected their last 'W' up there. Auburn are experiencing teething problems with their newly installed high-tempo Spread Offense - their O-line has been commiting alot of fatigue/lack of concentration related penalties. There's little margin for error against an always tough LSU devensive front seven.

Florida at Tennessee is the other big SEC match-up.

Plenty more will be found out as Florida State are pitted against Wake Forest. Florida State have had a hint of a vertical passing game in opening hit-outs - admittedly against FCS outfits. Nonetheless this is something which hasn't been seen from them for a number of seasons now.

Potential upset: Boise State upending Oregon.

Terrell Pryor's first big test on the road as OSU travel to Wisconsin. Two 1st round calibre RBs in action, PJ Hill and Chris Wells. Wells' health, and the devoloping chemistry between he and Pryor as the Buckeyes continue to spread out thier offense are the keys for OSU.

• 1 month later...

Tried to give this college football business a go yesterday.

Stayed up for the Texas Tech - Oklahoma game.

One of the most pathetic displays of defense I've ever seen from an alledged top team, Oklahoma made the Denver D look like the 85 Bears. :lol:

Too many horribly one-sided games for my liking throughout the country tbh, not really sold yet I have to say.