Jades bloke sent to jail (Give him a medal)

Slim

The boyfriend of reality television star Jade Goody has been jailed for 18 months after being convicted of attacking a 16-year-old boy with a golf club.

Prosecutors suggested the two men were "teaching a lesson" to the teenager.

The court was told Tweed had been the subject of abuse from local youths and had been involved in an altercation with a group of teenagers, which included Steele, shortly before the attack.

Mattock, who had also denied assault, was also given an 18-month jail term.

The judge, Recorder Mark Lucraft QC, said both men would spend nine months in prison before being released on licence.

He said the attack had been planned and Daniel suffered bruising to his head, face and chest.

"It was a frightening scene and a traumatic experience," said the judge.

"You went, it seems to me, with one purpose - to attack and to have a fight."

He added: "Hitting someone about the head with a weapon is an extremely dangerous thing to do."

The judge said the evidence suggested that each man may have been armed with a golf club.

There was also evidence suggesting one of them was armed with a spray can.

The judge said both men were equally "culpable" - although he accepted there had been "some goading and provocation".

Neither Tweed nor Mattock showed any emotion as they were led from the dock.

Tweed told police he had been putting up Christmas decorations and watching videos before going with Mattock to pick up a Chinese takeaway.

The court heard how he told police: "They have picked me out because they know me from magazines and the TV."

Harsh sentence for knocking the shit out of some chavs.

We all want to do it, craic is you do you get 18months, but if they attack you like a pack of hounds you'll end up near dead and them a nice caution to hang on their wall.