Espio

Right,

Just bought a load of parts to build my new PC which consists of the following;

1024mb GeForce GTX 280 OC,

8GB GeiL Memory,

3.30ghz Quad core Pro

X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty 7.1 sound card,

Among other stuff.

I've been out of the PC gaming scene for a good 2 years now so what I need is some games which will really show this PC off.

Now obviously I've got some good games e.g. Crysis, CoD4, Vegas 2 and a few others. I'm a bit of a realism whore, I'm not at all fond of sci-fi type games e.g. HALO or Gears of War or Mass Effect. So if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

:wales:

Pick up Battlefield 2 and download the Project Reality mod. Probably the best realistic online shooter just now in terms of teamwork and fun.

Farcry2 looks nice and is only a couple of months away now.

Let me know how you get on with that graphics card please. I had a look the other day but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment at the moment.

Not a problem O'Neill,

From what I've read about it, it isn't far from the performance of the 9800GX2... BUT the GTX280 is using beta drivers at the minute, so when final drivers are released it's predicted to overtake in performance.

I love you too taylor... I can't afford the computer, but I'm expecting some cash early next year so I've got the computer on buy now, pay next august... If I pay it off by next august it's interest free. Worth looking into.

as for Worms world party, I've got that on my phone :D

Not a problem O'Neill,

From what I've read about it, it isn't far from the performance of the 9800GX2... BUT the GTX280 is using beta drivers at the minute, so when final drivers are released it's predicted to overtake in performance.

I love you too taylor... I can't afford the computer, but I'm expecting some cash early next year so I've got the computer on buy now, pay next august... If I pay it off by next august it's interest free. Worth looking into.

as for Worms world party, I've got that on my phone :D

Some serious machine, i'm jealous as fuk.

You live in Newcastle?

Could be looking at a PC games clearout.

Got:

Unreal Tournament III

Age of Conan (though you'd need to buy a pass)

Bioshock

The Witcher

Battlefield 2 & 2142

CIV IV

COD IV

Could do a deal, £75 the lot.

Lemme know if you are interested, i'm about to flog them on a PC forum i go on, just lazy as fuk and cannot be arsed!  :laugh:

lol.

Already got BF2 & 2142,

Not bothered about UT3, Bioshock, Witcher or Civ4, however, I'm interested in that Age of Conan and CoD4... How much would you take?

May be one hell of a serious machine, and it's the first serious bit of kit I've bought for damn near 4 years now. But all in all, it was only 970 for the lot, including case, 750w power supply and even a fucking 22inch Samsung monitor.

And used to live in newcastle. but live in sunny chester-le-street now, so only 5 mins down the road.

Biochock I had that for 360 so not really much point playing it again. and Witcher... go on... give me some more info then.

It's a western fantasy RPG like NWN or baldur's gate with shit graphics and utterly laughably bad dialogue. It feels absolutely ancient.

Biochock I had that for 360 so not really much point playing it again. and Witcher... go on... give me some more info then.

It's a western fantasy RPG like NWN or baldur's gate with shit graphics and utterly laughably bad dialogue. It feels absolutely ancient.

The Witcher?

Fuk off you tit  :lol:, its brilliant, proper cult classic.

All I said was that the graphics and dialogue was shit, do you seriously object to that?

Dialogue is all fixed now with the latest patch and the graphics are superb, and have even been improved so yes i do, a fuking lot.

May be one hell of a serious machine, and it's the first serious bit of kit I've bought for damn near 4 years now. But all in all, it was only 970 for the lot, including case, 750w power supply and even a fucking 22inch Samsung monitor.

970 for that is very good, where did you get it from?

I paid about that just over 2 months ago for the following:

MSI P7N Diamond Motherboard

Intel Quad Core Q9300 4 x 2.50Ghz 6Mb Cache 1333 FSB Quad Core Processor

4 Gig RAM

2xGeForce 8800 GT 512MB cards

2x320gig hard drive (setup a striped RAID)

amongst the rest. Oh and 22" LG Widescren monitor.

Looks like you got a better deal.