Let's get on with the season

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

Right, so the transfer window is shut, and regardless of your opinion on our incoming or outgoing transfers, it's time to forget about it until January.

There is enough in our squad now to push for a top 10 / top 8 finish so let's just get on with it, and maybe make one or two more deals in January.

Regardless of what you think, Keegan and Ashley don't owe anyone an explanation regarding our transfers, so let's just forget it and get on with the important stuff.

We've had a pretty good start to the season, so let's not lose the early season optimism.

Our squad as it stands:

GK:

Given

Harper

Forster

Krul

RB:

Beye

Colo

Geremi

CB:

Colo

Taylor

Cacapa

Bassong

Edgar

LB:

Enrique

Bassong

N'Zogbia

RM:

Jonas

Duff

Geremi

CM:

Guthrie

Butt

Barton

Gonzalez

Geremi

LM:

Duff

N'Zogbia

Jonas

ST:

Owen

Martins

Xisco

Viduka

(Smith and Ameobi)

Let's get on with it.

Guest Geordiecunny

oh no, its awful, we should have signed Robinho, we should have signed Arshavin. keegan out, ashley out!!!!! I'm texting as much to the sun right now!

Guest Guinness

As Keegan said we may not have got quantity this time round, but we seem to have signed some quality, hopefully today's signings make a similar impact to those already made. I think we could have done with a few more players but so could of a lot of clubs.

After all the final day transfers have been sorted, there's still always the possibly of signing some "out of contract" players, if required, as cover.Believe Diatta came in via this route last season and didn't Bernard do likewise some seasons ago.

Not saying this is the best option but the reality is plans don't always work according to what we want.

Agree fully with the "Let's get on with the season" sentiment.  :clap2:

although your sentiment is spot on i find it amusing that people like myself who questioned our transfer activity all summer were told to shut the fuck up until the window closes 'cause that's the time to judge, are now being told "forget it" and get on with the season

staggering

but yeah (on the pitch) howay the lads!

Ben Tozer seems to be highly rated and I think he was on the bench last season for a game or 2......do you think he might have a chance this season with our lack of depth? I heard his position is primarily centre back but can play left back

What about Lua Lua?

think we'll almost certainly be finding out about these players in the very near future

This thread's just typical. After months of being told "we've still got time, judge on september 2nd" september 2nd finally arrives and our fears are proved true, that we have NOWHERE NEAR enough players, and we're told "window's over, let's forget about it and not discuss it until january". Bo*****s!!

Our squad is FAR too small. F*** do i care if other clubs wished they'd have got in more too? I don't support other clubs, i support Newcastle!! We need far more players and putting up a squad list where players are repeated in multiple positions just proves it. If 2 of the players who are covering more than one role get injured (like Geremi, Duff, Bassong) we can be literally F*****!!

Why don't we list our squad with a player's name appearing once and see how weak we really are. Pathetic transfer window. Might as well have been called the "give your self a handicap window"

although your sentiment is spot on i find it amusing that people like myself who questioned our transfer activity all summer were told to shut the f*** up until the window closes 'cause that's the time to judge, are now being told "forget it" and get on with the season

staggering

but yeah (on the pitch) howay the lads!

Been there, done it, bought the "you're a non-stop complainer" T shirt and every year we slip further from the pack - so I know how it feels

And it's the same ones saying it time after time to different people too !

We need far more players and putting up a squad list where players are repeated in multiple positions just proves it.

Yeah - I have this mental image of Mike Ashley parading different players here as they normally look, next with a false moustache, next with a pair of bottle end glasses.....

I'm already sick of people saying the squad is smaller than it was last season. It's utter f***ing bollocks man.

Oh it is, is it ?

The false moustaches worked on YOU then  :rolleyes: :idiot2:

Well we we have to make the most of the situation. But, I dread to think what will happen if we have an injury to Coloccini and while I admit I know nothing about Gonzales I really worry that our midfield is likely to be over-run by many of the other Prem teams. Trying to assuage my feelings of disappointment but still look forward to Hull on 13 Sepd

On the face of it that looks a big enough squad. Then we include today's injuries:

GK:

Given

Harper

Forster

Krul

RB:

Beye

Colo

CB:

Colo

Taylor

Bassong

Edgar

LB:

Bassong

N'Zogbia

RM:

Jonas

Geremi

CM:

Guthrie

Butt

Barton

Gonzalez

Geremi

LM:

N'Zogbia

Jonas

ST:

Owen

Xisco

(Ameobi)

Suddenly the squad looks not so impressive, and I'm being generous here by including Barton. This squad effectively picks itself when you consider that we will have injuries and suspensions throughout the season.

Ben Tozer seems to be highly rated and I think he was on the bench last season for a game or 2......do you think he might have a chance this season with our lack of depth? I heard his position is primarily centre back but can play left back

What about Lua Lua?

think we'll almost certainly be finding out about these players in the very near future

yup. no point in having a boat load of youngsters if they don't play. I look forward to seeing Tozer, Ranger, Donaldson, Danquah, LuaLua, Zamblera and possibly even Grieve in the premier league at some point (cameo appearances). We need to find out more about their make-up to know if they're worth keeping or not.