This 'WOW' signing bullshit every other person is peddling

Dave

It was never a f***ing official statement by either manager or owner you retards, it was some bollocks posted on a w*** website by some random t***.

Shut the f*** up about it.

Rant over.

Fookin hell moderators  get a grip on these needless threads                                           oops you are it silly me  :blush:

It was never a fucking official statement by either manager or owner you retards, it was some bollocks posted on a wank website by some random twat.

Shut the fuck up about it.

Rant over.

bluelaugh.gif :clap2:

Shows there are still too many obsessed with trophy (synonym: wow) signings.

It was never a f***ing official statement by either manager or owner you retards, it was some bollocks posted on a w*** website by some random t***.

Shut the f*** up about it.

Rant over.

Dave serious question, wasn't it in the post Milner's press conference where KK also said that we had 4/5 hot irons, with 2 way down the road? I could swear I read a directy quoted press conference interview.

EDIT

Thinking again, now I'm even more sure that KK did mentioned bout the WOW signing, it was in the same press conference when he insisted that the Milner sale was his decision.

While it's deflating to only get two in, realism needs to set in here. We can't know what exactly when on behind the scenes. Maybe there was a big signing but only on condition of other clubs not bidding for him. Maybe he was snapped up by another team. Same scenario with the 4/5 hot irons too. You guys really don't believe KK, Wise & co. was sitting around playing a game of poker sipping claret ;D while the transfers clock was ticking away.

So hell we got two in. Live with it. We try again in January. :thup: :thup: :thup:

While it's deflating to only get two in, realism needs to set in here. We can't know what exactly when on behind the scenes. Maybe there was a big signing but only on condition of other clubs not bidding for him. Maybe he was snapped up by another team. Same scenario with the 4/5 hot irons too. You guys really don't believe KK, Wise & co. was sitting around playing a game of poker sipping claret ;D while the transfers clock was ticking away.

So hell we got two in. Live with it. We try again in January. :thup: :thup: :thup:

but, but, but, you can't sign players in january - too difficult, clubs won't release players then, want too much money, sep to dec isn't enough time to sort anything out, insert own excuse here...

little snapshot of february 1st 2009 for you there

A wow signing? I am looking forward to that very much!
Taken from http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/18/kevin-keegan-hoping-for-a-wow-signing-after-draw-with-manchester-united-115875-20702686/

He was actually making reference to an alleged "wow" signing being organised by Wise & Co. and that he was looking forward to it.  He was definitely not, however, doing anything to talk down the concept of there being a "wow" signing.

Guest Brazilianbob

Taken from http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/18/kevin-keegan-hoping-for-a-wow-signing-after-draw-with-manchester-united-115875-20702686/

He was actually making reference to an alleged "wow" signing being organised by Wise & Co. and that he was looking forward to it.  He was definitely not, however, doing anything to talk down the concept of there being a "wow" signing.

When KK referred to the WOW signing he was responding to a question on the subject and was talking tongue in cheek, because he basically knew nothing about it, but simply said he would look forward to it, like saying "yeh i'll believe it if and when it happens".

Guest ryunufc

Keegan was not aware about the article from rivals.net which appeared just few days earlier. Wise,Jimenez,Llabas probably did not even have the plan to pull the 'Wow' signings. Keegan was asked based on the rumour (read the 2nd paragraph), he did not deny it but he also did not confirm it.

Last year, Sven was asked about Elano and Bianchi's performance and the reporter believed in the rumour that they were signed based on DVD evidence. But Sven knew what they were trying to do, he ignored the main question and quickly denied the allegation. It was the same trick.

Robinho as an example is only here for the money, we do not need players like that, we have been there before.  For over £32m as well..

We have done the right thing this summer.  Got rid of as many of the shit/injured players we can.  Only really Smith and Shola to go.  Signing Xisco confirms they are not in the plans long term I am sure.

Happy with the 6 we got in.  If the team can demonstrate progression, KK can get us up the table, I am sure we will be more money coming into the team over the next two transfer windows.

Robinho as an example is only here for the money, we do not need players like that, we have been there before.  For over £32m as well..

We have done the right thing this summer.  Got rid of as many of the s***/injured players we can.  Only really Smith and Shola to go.  Signing Xisco confirms they are not in the plans long term I am sure.

Happy with the 6 we got in.   If the team can demonstrate progression, KK can get us up the table, I am sure we will be more money coming into the team over the next two transfer windows.

When Robinho gets his many goals and assists and turns in inevitably good performances for the club the one thought that will reassure me is that my injury-ravaged weakened and lop-sided newcastle team are better off without him cause he's only interested in sterling.

Keegan said after Milner went in the next few days we'd be stronger as a club. Well, i didn't rate Milner a huge amount but the only play i think we're stronger is on the budget/balance sheet, not on the pitch!