KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Keegan has been lied too, i think he was told money would be available and its still debatable whether he has much say on who we buy.

I doubt he was ever interested in 26yr old Uruguayan players with 10 caps from the 3 rd best team in some hick town.

Theres hardly any money to back him on betfair and the odds are as though hes nearly gone, that said theres not cues of money lined up to back him like there was in the hours before he signed again

I think Keegan has been lied too, i think he was told money would be available and its still debatable whether he has much say on who we buy.

Whatever say he has, nobody really knows. It is easy for the tabloid press to print these conflict stories as we're not used to a recruitment setup like the one we have, where bringing in players is a team effort. They also don't like the fact tahat Newcastle now have a successful English owner and a much more professionally run club.

The only thing that is certain is that the players that we ended up with look quality. I'll base my speculation on that for the moment.

Theres hardly any money to back him on betfair and the odds are as though hes nearly gone, that said theres not cues of money lined up to back him like there was in the hours before he signed again

Exactly, low prices but not enough money on it to suggest any truth yet

Exactly, low prices but not enough money on it to suggest any truth yet

yeah probley just people going off the roumers, start to worry when someone backs him to go for a few 1000 at low odds.

Daily mail crap

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1051585/Newcastle-boss-Kevin-Keegans-future-knife-edge-summit-St-James-Park.html

Kevin Keegan future at Newcastle United was back in the balance last night after a summit with the club’s hierarchy.

The Newcastle manager was called into a 2pm meeting yesterday which club insiders described as ‘very important but not related to transfer business’ and it is believed a heated discussion took place, with managing director Derek Llambias making it clear they were not happy.

The situation has been coming to a head with Keegan stressing he needs more players, yet apparently he has been told that every player in his squad has a price.

Keegan’s loyalty to bad boy Joey Barton is believed to be a bone of contention with owner Mike Ashley, who tried to move the player out of the club when he was jailed. Keegan also wants to build a team around striker Michael Owen but the club’s contract offer has left Owen in a difficult position.

Yesterday, coach Chris Hughton informed Keegan the club were looking at Lazio defender Gugliemo Stendardo but the move was later ruled out by executive director Dennis Wise.

It is understood that Keegan had little knowledge of the signings made so far, including yesterday’s deal for striker Xisco from Deportivo and the loan capture of Nacho Gonzalez from Valencia.

To add to Ashley’s frustration, he was spoken to by police after downing a pint of beer during his side’s defeat to Arsenal on Saturday in view of the pitch which is not allowed.

What's the betting looking like? That's usually a good indication. Insiders making themselves rich on our misery.

The betting looks... Horrible.

ARGH. I absolutely did not need even more stress today.

The even more frightening thing is not only are the odds stunningly low, they seem to be dropping even lower. Rapidly.

What's the betting looking like? That's usually a good indication. Insiders making themselves rich on our misery.

In what way does the betting look horrible?  Has his priced shortened?  I thought that there hadn't been much money for him to 'walk'?  Eloborate please chap....can't access Betfair and the like from work.....

The even more frightening thing is not only are the odds stunningly low, they seem to be dropping even lower. Rapidly.

odds are low but no one is backing more that 30-50quid, like i said worry when someone puts up a few 1000 to back him on betfair