Newcastle Finances £12 million Loss

Guest The Fox

Christ on a bike, i thought the wages were bad. We now owe £79.26m out as loans and payments to players. Looks like we can't afford to not make Europe this season. Also looks like we can't afford to buy players in January if this is the state of our finances. We're in a right mess.

That's trophy signings for you re. wages.  A bit part player like Butt on £40k etc.

Oh dear, I predict another 20 page thread once NE5 and Macbeth get going on this  :(

Don't see much problem discussing the clubs finances ?

All depends on whether it's treated as a footnote to previous threads

Macbeth "There, I TOLD you they're doing a shit job.  They're driving the club to the wall.  £33m in dividends and we're spending 63% of our income on wages"

NE5 "Do you want a club with no ambition?  Do you want to sign England internationals at the peak of their careers or not.  Why did Waddle and Beardsley leave?"

and so on.  and on.  and on.  :bigbro:

Yes but we are doing a shit job like I just said almost £80m in debt and breaking the bank on wages. They had no right to give out dividends so good job they havn't. We used to be able to cope with out debt if we didn't finish in Europe, I don't know how we could at the minute, the fans really are keeping the club in any sort of good financial position.

Guest smoggeordie

A few interesting things in that statement:

N'Zogbia has signed a new contract

They see the stadium as "complete", so will not be extended.

Shepherd will make a statement about Belgravia in due course.

"The club has been surrounded by takeover speculation in recent months with Jersey-based firm Belgravia Group considering a possible bid.

Mr Shepherd said that while discussions were taking place between the two parties, there was no certainty a formal bid would be made. "

Did I dream it that Shepherd said he hadn't been in talks with anyone?

That's trophy signings for you re. wages.  A bit part player like Butt on £40k etc.

Oh dear, I predict another 20 page thread once NE5 and Macbeth get going on this  :(

Macbeth "There, I TOLD you they're doing a shit job.  They're driving the club to the wall.  £33m in dividends and we're spending 63% of our income on wages"

NE5 "Do you want a club with no ambition?  Do you want to sign England internationals at the peak of their careers or not.  Why did Waddle and Beardsley leave?"

and so on.  and on.  and on.  :bigbro:

The big picture is sometimes hard to understand, yes.

A few interesting things in that statement:

N'Zogbia has signed a new contract

They see the stadium as "complete", so will not be extended.

Shepherd will make a statement about Belgravia in due course.

Yes but it also says the stadium could be extended again. He couldn't really not make a statement about Belgravia he either says it's going to happen or it's not. Good news about N'zogbia though.

and so on.  and on.  and on.   :bigbro:

The big picture is sometimes hard to understand, yes.

:lol: Not really.  I do wish I was as clever as you though.

In fact I'm wrong but I don't really understand it enough to understand the difference. Apparently our total liabilities are £146,712m of which 67,686 is current and 79,026 is non current. Anyone care to explain that one ?

Gadzooks!

Did you mean £146,712K? :winking:

Guest Imperio

I don't have much clue about finances but judging by our transfer record with money going out and money coming in it doesn't look too good and with players like Dyer and Butt on massive wages when they barely play for us it can't be good at all.

Obviously people will see the small picture and complain about the wages ratio for example, and it's worth worrying about for sure but unfortunately it's all some will see. I'd like someone to tell me how this could have been avoided in order to recover from the error of Souness? The problem comes back to the shite management of that one bloke, the booting out of good players he couldn't manage and the signing of players we didn't need. In the end we needed to splash out on Owen otherwise in the big picture scenario we risked relegation, which would of course put the club in a much worse situation today than we see right now.

Just my opinion. The finances need to be considered with an eye on how it's come about and what the alternative may have been. It's not that simple.