Dial Up change

Belfast Boy

Yesterday when I powered up my laptop the VPN connection had changed to some 08701 number. I deleted it and re set it all, thinking it was problem solved. However, this morning it has done the same again, and when I open IE, as well as my home page, it opened a second window with some sort of 'Adult friend finder'. What do I need to do to stop this happening every time?

Right make sure you are only using 1 virus checker. Update Java on your machine cause I believe thats where it comes in. Delete all old versions of java. Download hijackthis from http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php and run it and have it save as a text file. Copy or upload the text file to http://www.hijackthis.de/ and then get rid of what it tells you to. Restart your computer and run hijackthis again doing the same thing. Hopefully all is fixed now.

I have deleted some programs which seemed to have trojans etc in them but I still have the original problem. I have pm'd you the log file, hope you don't mind looking at it for me as it makes no sense to me.

One program which it seems to highlight is itunessff.exe in sys32. For some reason explorer will not let me delete this. I have never even used itunes!

Ok, I have managed to get rid of all the problems that AVG and  mwav can find, but I still have the problem that every time I reboot, the VPN has changed to a 0871 dial up number. This isnt really a problem, in that I have no modem in the laptop, just wireless network, but it is still a bit worrying, not to mention annoying having to change the details every time.