Will you still support Newcastle United?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wally_McFool

Newcastle always shoot themselves in the foot. Have done for years. This kerfuffle is nowt new to a lot of us "slightly older" fans.

I don't think anyone has said that is it, forever.

Some may take a break it, and that could be on several levels, the highest being taking no interest whatsoever in anything, even matches.

I might well take a break from everything but the actual matches, or at least thats how I feel right now.

Disillusioned to fuck if this is all true, in all honesty I was disillusioned with the sport as of yesterday when the Man City takeover happened.

I won't set foot inside SJP again. I rapped in my s/t at the end of 06/07 (down to cost). Have made it to the odd game since then, and was gonna get tickets for Spurs in the CC. Won't bother now. I've just had enough because the club is a joke and ran by people who have no understanding about football. Until fans say enough is enough and vote with their feet - nothing will change.

Guest thommo78

Will always be Newcastle through and through....although sometimes it feels like a life sentence rather than any choice.  I may not support the board/manager/players at varying points in time but come KO time I will support the lads..The club belongs to the city and the people...owners,managers come and go....we wont!!!

Yes, of course. the way I see it is that the club consists of the fans. The name Newcastle United as a fan will never be tarnished by anything or anyone in my eyes. Owners, managers and players come and go, the club as a whole doesn't and i'll never just "stop supporting it".

I'm torn. I'm really fucking angry right now, but I'm waiting to find out who with. I will certainly be put off lining Ashley & Co's pockets if it turns out they have fucked over Keegan, but there are plenty of people on this board who have had to put up with the club getting fucked over in far worse ways in the 80s and they're still here, which makes me question whether I'd be right to walk away. Despite having a poncy southern accent and living in London, I'm a Geordie through birth and heritage and it's not just something you can leave behind or disregard. As much as this hurts, I can't say i won't support the team any more because I will, at the end of the day what I support isn't the chairman, it isn't the manager and a lot of the time it isn't even the team, it's the supporters themselves, the people i sing with, moan with, bitch at and generally pass more of my time talking to than anyone else in the world. I was going to compare walking away like walking away from the missus, but it isn't - it's way more than that. It's been with me since I can remember and whatever it does i'll always love the club and the city - it's more like family i guess, it's in the blood.

Always, but having thought about it, the most relevant news for NUFC long term is what happened to Man City yesterday. I think once the anger subsides the more sensible fans will realise that whatever has happened with Keegan, Ashley is still trying to run the club on a sustainable basis. With Keegan or without Keegan, what happened yesterday will directly or indirectly shape football for the years to come.

Its one thing having a one off spawny Russian dick influencing football for the worse for a few years, its another thing having the English Premier League influenced in the long term by oil money. If this goes through, what's to stop 2 or 3 different takeovers putting Fulham and Sunderland and Middlesborough as the new top 4 (along with Man City...)