The Keegan Appreciation Thread

hoppaz

Don't go Kev I for one want you to stay.

It seems the board/club have put the ball in his court now and I think we need to show how much we want him to continue to be our manager. The football is the best it has been for along time and I hope to God he stays as I can only see good times for us from now on.

Come'on guys lets show him our support

Thast f***ing wrong for so many reasons.  ;D

Night owls with whats his box.

"Theres a man out there tonight.  Nobody knows where he is but the geordies want to send a message anyway.  Kevin this ones for you"

The man is solely responsible for the fact that we are not Forest/Preston/Leeds etc.

The fact that those young kids feel obliged to stand outside SJP is because of that magical period which most of them didn't experience.

Football has been around for over 100 years. In England there are almost 100 professional clubs. We should feel privileged that during our lifetime, as football fans, we lived between the years 1992 - 1997 as Newcastle fans. Those 5 years explain why even now the "Robinho" story has hardly been mentioned today.

The man is solely responsible for the fact that we are not Forest/Preston/Leeds etc.

The fact that those young kids feel obliged to stand outside SJP is because of that magical period which most of them didn't experience.

Football has been around for over 100 years. In England there are almost 100 professional clubs. We should feel privileged that during our lifetime, as football fans, we lived between the years 1992 - 1997 as Newcastle fans. Those 5 years explain why even now the "Robinho" story has hardly been mentioned today.

:smitten:

Guest Howaythetoon

This is a man who when he first took over with the club at the bottom of the old 2nd division and skint paid Terry Mac's wages from his own pocket and didn't claim a salary himself until the club was not only safe but financially stable too. Indeed he wasn't going to ask for anything if the club were relegated so had we went down he would have been massively out of pocket. I say massively, he had a few bob back then because he was prepared to buy Sir John Hall out or give him his money back for the club and run it himself. This by the way people - these facts - is why we love him so much more than anything, because he genuinly cares about the club.

:smitten:

Top post  :clap:  :thup:

Quite simply a walking legend!

As stated, those glorious years in the nineties were the greatest rollercoaster ride any fan could ever hope to experience in their lives!

I must admit my passion for the toon had somewhat waned since the SBR farce, albeit I still supported us, but there was just that SOMETHING missing.

Then came that glorious day, whilst driving to collect my new car, that it was confirmed of the kings return!

He was/IS that something!

The man makes me feel like no-one else can, such excitement, pride and passion in him, my players, my club!

Please KK, get back on the great train toon, stick two fingers up at Ashley, Wise, and most importantly the media, and lead us to wherever you choose, because we all know we'll just love the ride!

In KK we trust!

As stated, those glorious years in the nineties were the greatest rollercoaster ride any fan could ever hope to experience in their lives!

I must admit my passion for the toon had somewhat waned since the SBR farce, albeit I still supported us, but there was just that SOMETHING missing.

Then came that glorious day, whilst driving to collect my new car, that it was confirmed of the kings return!

He was/IS that something!

The man makes me feel like no-one else can, such excitement, pride and passion in him, my players, my club!

Please KK, get back on the great train toon, stick two fingers up at Ashley, Wise, and most importantly the media, and lead us to wherever you choose, because we all know we'll just love the ride!

In KK we trust!

Easy to tell you're not a career advisor, foolish words.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never knew any of that HTT.  Cheers, I like the man even more now.

That's not even half of it. When he was a player he paid for paint and stuff for the changing rooms and bought all academy lads new pairs of boots. He was being paid a canny bit of wedge back then but many a former team-mate have said he wouldn't have anyone paying their way when he was around, mind he used to get it all back on winning bets with them :D

For some reason I think today has knocked my thoughts on Keegan....not much mind because I don't really know what exactly has gone on.

Keegan will leave when the money isn't there....or that's what I seem to have gained from today....

In KK we trust!

No Ashley, no KK.

I have to admit that whilst I do love the guy, this whole Keegan thing has never sat that well with me since he got back in January. To me it all felt a bit like getting back with an old girlfriend - but not just any old girlfriend - oh, no...this was your favourite ever girlfriend, your first love, the one you never quite get over, the one you never can forget...the best shag you ever had...you know the sort - canny dirty bitch in the bedroom, angel in the kitchen - except this time round you were only getting her "on loan" from the local pimp, and you knew that she wasn't really all that happy with how things were going, and so all the joy was a bit tainted by constant anxiety that sooner or later it would end in tears. That said, he's still a legend, and still epitomises the passion of the Geordie faithful, and he'll always be remembered for the good times, far more often than he'll be denounced for any bad times.

I think I may need another drink.

I have to admit that whilst I do love the guy, this whole Keegan thing has never sat that well with me since he got back in January. To me it all felt a bit like getting back with an old girlfriend - but not just any old girlfriend - oh, no...this was your favourite ever girlfriend, your first love, the one you never quite get over, the one you never can forget...the best shag you ever had...you know the sort - canny dirty bitch in the bedroom, angel in the kitchen - except this time round you were only getting her "on loan" from the local pimp, and you knew that she wasn't really all that happy with how things were going, and so all the joy was a bit tainted by constant anxiety that sooner or later it would end in tears. That said, he's still a legend, and still epitomises the passion of the Geordie faithful, and he'll always be remembered for the good times, far more often than he'll be denounced for any bad times.

What bad times Dave?

What bad times Dave?

Seriously Billy, I need to borrow those rose-tinted specs of yours. Mine are shot to shit after today. :(