Still an Ashleyite? Who's with me?

KaKa

Well ... I've taken in everything all through today now, and now I'm left here feeling like I honestly prefer what Ashley and his team want to do.

Nothing has pleased me more this season than the performances of the new players we have brought in, particularly those who appear to have been recruited by Ashley's recruitment team. Sunday saw us add two more individuals who further seemed to be brought in by Jimenez et al. and both of whom seemed to be highly rated by their former teams, one of whose leaving practically had his former teams fans in tears. What has made this even more immensely satisfying is the fact that these signings were pretty unheralded and not overly costly or over the top, it felt good to finally unearth some gems of our own for once.

If Ashley and his lot really wanted to get rid of more of our older players, who other teams wanted can we really blame him? How many times did we all lament their performances early last season when they were alll absolutely useless? Many a time we all wanted them all out and Ashley was sitting right amongst us, while we were all displaying our disgust at their performances. I'm sure he would have been more than happy to replace them with more of the sort he already brought in, who were already proving to be very succesful buys. Can we balme him for this?

Why the hell is Keegan allegedly holding on to the likes of Smith, Barton and Milner anyway? I mean honestly! Owen I can at least understand to some extent, and even then, I would probably still prefer to see what kind of player could be brought in by this team to replace Owen, given the chance to do so.  Milner is an average player who we were offered beautiful money for and it was a no brainer. If Keegan had a problem with this then he's being silly. Smith is just awful and we should have accepted any payment for him straightaway. As for Barton ... I'm sure it took a hell of a lot of convincing for Ashley to bring him here in the first place and it was a huge show of faith for him to do so, and look at what Barton did in return. I think it was harsh of Keegan to demand for Barton to be supported, and the owner should have been allowed to let him move on if he wanted.

All in all I really am beginning to struggle to see what exactly I should be mad at Ashley for. I actually like what he was doing and I would have loved to see as many as possible of the old faces move on in return for some younger, fresher and hungrier players in all honesty.

Ashley has made one mistake in all of this, and it was in getting the wrong manager in. Not because Keegan is bad or difficult in any way, because I do admire him a whole lot, but because he just wasn't the right person for Ashley's job specifications.

Guest optimistic nit

you better have invested in a fucking big tin hat man.

imo if either keegan or ashley are here in 5 years time there's a very good chance we'll be in the CL, possibly sooner. i like what both are trying to do, but they may not be compatable.

or they may still be able to work together. i hope thats the case, because both sides of the setups have the right idea imo, i just with each were a bit better at comprimising.

Pleased with Ashley's contribution thus far, i was even happy with Wise etc and this transfer window. But everything got thrown into limbo for me this morning - i'm not going to make any huge judgements until i've found out the extent of what's actually happened, and for what reasons. If Keegan has been lied to/had things done behind his back, then i'll lose a fucking massive amount of respect for Ashley etc.

you better have invested in a f***ing big tin hat man.

imo if either keegan or ashley are here in 5 years time there's a very good chance we'll be in the CL, possibly sooner. i like what both are trying to do, but they may not be compatable.

or they may still be able to work together. i hope thats the case, because both sides of the setups have the right idea imo, i just with each were a bit better at comprimising.

People can say what they want to be honest.

I am just speaking hoenstly, and I have enjoyed the direction we have been going in, and have loved all of the new players so far, and I think it is a huge shame that it could potentially be ruined, because of an argument over the likes of Smith and Barton being kept at the club.

Guest optimistic nit

If he gets rid of Wise and Llambis then yes

if not no!

even though we have no idea what has caused this row? and who? :lol:

God... this isn't going to end up like the Souness v Bellamy issue is it?

KaKa - good post. I agree with most of it. If it came down to one or the other I would probably keep Ashley and his current set up. Depending on what solid info we get in the next couple of days my opinion could change though.

Until this morning when I came on here and read the mass panic I was happy enough with what Ashley has done, the players we have brought in all look decent and I'm looking forward to see our new midfielder playing (be great to have someone who can pass). I have no idea what has been going on today with regards to the meeting etc.. So I will reserve my judgement for the next few days when the clubs direction is more clear.

If I had to choose between Ashley or Keegan I'd pick keegan anyday and I'm sure everyone else would

Not asking you to choose at all.

I just think that it's an unfortunate difference of opinion between both of them.

I'm definitely don't think the abuse towards Ashley is warranted that's for sure, as I feel his direction could be very fruitful too.

He didn't get the wrong manager in at all, he just started pissing about with things he didn't need to.

Like what?

Appointing Dennis Wise to find young talent for a start, what the fuck would he know about that? Also the fact we've got two managers within the same club, clueless. Having other people choose which players we are signing, you can say if he had a problem with that why didn't he go straight away, well he obviously did have a problem with it and the fact we didn't get the amount of players we needed was the final straw, what other explanation do you have for him resigning?

I've hated him since day one. When I saw we spent barely any money during transfer markets I knew he wasn't putting much into the team.

Damn!  :lol:

Since day on huh? Okay.

Well as far as the rest of your post goes, I think it is unfair to say he hasn't put much into the team. He just has a different idea of what "putting much into the team" entails.

He doesn't want to go the Man City and Chelsea route, but instead wants to go the Arsenal route. It is his club and his decision. Unfortunately, the manager he has chosen has an opinion which differs in certain areas it appears.

I've hated him since day one. When I saw we spent barely any money during transfer markets I knew he wasn't putting much into the team.

Paying all of the club's debt is nothing? Ok..

He didn't get the wrong manager in at all, he just started pissing about with things he didn't need to.

Like what?

Appointing Dennis Wise to find young talent for a start, what the f*** would he know about that? Also the fact we've got two managers within the same club, clueless. Having other people choose which players we are signing, you can say if he had a problem with that why didn't he go straight away, well he obviously did have a problem with it and the fact we didn't get the amount of players we needed was the final straw, what other explanation do you have for him resigning?

2 managers eh ?

keegan said he had the final say on all comings and goings