The Only Relevant Issue Regarding Kevin Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

this whole shit has been kicked off by ssn or some  other twat who's leaked a message saying "ooooo they're in a meeting"

No, this has actually come from an official statement from KK's union representative.

Guest hikickry

there isn't really a decent replacement i could think of, realistically speaking. KK needs to be talked round, and i reckon their meetings over the next couple of days will aim to do that. Ashley has already saw how this will affect him, despite what the club statement was. People understand that the problems lie within the relationship between KK and the board, and that is ashley's board.

Guest Chris P

this whole shit has been kicked off by ssn or some  other twat who's leaked a message saying "ooooo they're in a meeting"

No, this has actually come from an official statement from KK's union representative.

saying what

saying what

That KK hasn't resigned, and will be meeting with the board over the next few days.

Right now Keegan has not been sacked nor resigned.

But that doesn't mean that either may well be the final outcome (god forbid).

Personally I think they're in crisis talks and I put wold put it as Ironing out the creases, if they see this through I think in the long run it may well help the club, they'll know where each other is coming from so hopefully will have a better understanding.

Guest Chris P

saying what

That KK hasn't resigned, and will be meeting with the board over the next few days.

i know .

saying what

i know .

Then why ask, fleabrain?

Not strictly true - that statement from the LMA talking head was issued to deny the rumours that had been published as fact. What was not answered is exactly how tenable Keegan's position is, and whether his relations with the board can be repaired, but that discussions will continue.

Crumpy's initial point remains largely unaddressed. Reports suggest if Kegan's dumped he get's 8m, if he quits he owes the club (wtf?). If that's true, and the stories of Keegan's Circus debt are true (two tabloid sized ifs) then he can't walk so Ashley's holding all the aces. Will it come down to Ashley saying "Here's a million, on yer bike"?

there isn't really a decent replacement i could think of, realistically speaking. KK needs to be talked round, and i reckon their meetings over the next couple of days will aim to do that. Ashley has already saw how this will affect him, despite what the club statement was. People understand that the problems lie within the relationship between KK and the board, and that is ashley's board.

There are plenty, if it comes to that, Billic for example.

It doesn't look like we're going to need one, but if we do there are a number of people we should speak to, if they'd want to come here is another matter entirely, of course.

saying what

i know .

Then why ask, fleabrain?

You're on borrowed time.

He means how it all kicked off on tuesday morning, i know that as thats how i phrased it to him on the phone on tuesday evening.

Three games in and the season is stuffed already, in my opinion.

Why?

1.  KK ego has yet again come to the fore and if the media is to be believed, what right has he got to request the sackings of Wise and Co.? He doesnt run the club, he doesnt own the club. He is way above his station here. He knew the Wise situation well before he returned and the fact that Ashley is running the club in a more european format. He either adapts or buggers off.

2.  I dont buy his argument about not knowing the players brought in. If he was so against this, Guthrie, Jonas and Collocini wouldnt have played the last four games.

3.  Common sense shows that Milner's sale was great business, Smith is a hanger on and Owen has no intention of signing a new contract and will leave for nothing next summer.The board is right mto try and sell him and get some money back in.

4..  Wise has brought some very gifted youngsters to the club and I doubt very much that he has interfered in senior team affairs.

5.  The talk of a player revolt is worrying and if true, then I cant see Ashley bowing to KKs requests, at the risk of being seen as weak so we might find ourselves in a bit of bother on the park between now and the new year, especially if KK goes.

6.  Reports show his Glasgow circus is deep in debt and any pay off would be a relief for KK.

7.  Finally, what it all really boils down to is that KK is really only interested in his own reputation and affairs and all the claptrap about unfinished busness, the fans etc etc is his tactic towards gaining control and removing other partners from the board. This will have to result in a whole new business approach by Ashley and I dont think he will be willing to change for the sake of one man, no matter how popular KK is with the fans and players. One man isnt bigger than the club.

Isnt it strange how KK has repeated the events of 1992?

I honestly believe the club was heading in the right direction. We had signed some very good players and got rid of some ordinary ones. Although the squad was small, we had a lot more quality and we also boosted the academy with som e excellent youngsters.

We have had a reasonable start to the season and although we have some injuries, once recovered, we would have a quality squad which would be capable of a top 8 finish. With some investment next summer, we could and should improve but under the current circumstances, unless we get a top line coach like Hiddink, we are in for a further season of struggle.