Official - N'Zogbia signs new contract

Guest smoggeordie

Guest Kenton Magpie

Was I the only person who heard Roeder state that Zoggy had signed a new contract at that phone-in a couple of months back?

Likewise!

Guest Brazilianbob

I may have missed something but from scanning through the Financial Statement,  it doesn't actually say he signed a new contract, simply that he was awarded a new contract.  Hope I am wrong!

I may have missed something but from scanning through the Financial Statement, it doesn't actually say he signed a new contract, simply that he was awarded a new contract. Hope I am wrong!

mental.gif

Guest Village Idiot

You know... awarded or not those contracts have to be signed by both parties in order to take effect and appear in financial statements ;)

Brilliant news. When was the last time we had a young player with as much potential as him? Quite a while. He can reach the top. People outside of Newcastle must think he is very average if he can't get in that team. Stupid really considering he's our best player.

Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on - all this does is enable the club to get a decent fee for him without being pressured into selling cheaply in case he comes close to walking out on a Bosman..

Unless there are huge changes at the club by Christmas, I think it highly likely that the lad will go to Arsenal in Jan.

Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on - all this does is enable the club to get a decent fee for him without being pressured into selling cheaply in case he comes close to walking out on a Bosman..

Unless there are huge changes at the club by Christmas, I think it highly likely that the lad will go to Arsenal in Jan.

Who the hell said that Arsenal were even interested?

All I've heard is people saying that he would suit Arsenal's style of play, not that they're interested.

It's a case of 2 + 2 = 5 really... Wenger is a Frenchman identifies talented youths and grooms them into world beaters. Zoggy is a talented French youth...

Although didn't Anal Oliver suggest Arsenal were keeping tabs on him?

This is possibly the best news we've had on the player front for quite some time - better than signing Duff and Martins, better than Dyer's return from injury. Surprising the club didn't try to get some positive publicity out of it though - you'd think they'd be trumpeting the securing of a talent like him to the club...