Billionaires and their managers

KaKa

Mourinho gone ...

Avran Grant gone ...

Sven gone ...

Curbishley gone ...

Mark Hughes has been told to get a top four finish this season? What happens if he doesn't?

For all those praying for the Indian takeover, to save Keegan and make his world perfect, it is worth thinking about. What happens if Keegan doesn't deliver quickly enough?

The only somewhat sensible new owners I see are Lerner and Ashley.

We need to be careful what we wish for.

There's a good reason why you're the best poster on here  :thup:

Ashley and his team have for the most part been excellent for the club since he took over, and even when things haven't always gone to plan I still believe he's had the best interests of the club at heart.

After yesterdays media fueled kneejerk hysteria, it's refreshing to see some people looking at the facts as we know them and making up their own minds.

Whether you agree with the Keegan situation or not it has to be said that Ashley has saved the future of this club as a Premier League force by wiping out the club's debt, that is more important than any signing or, and I hate to say it, any manager.

City is doomed to implode as they will never achieve what the owner has promised, I'm not saying that they will not be successful but it takes a lot more than limitless money to win the league and dominate europe.  I for one would like to give Ashley at least this season and next and then see how we are progressing.

Mourinho gone ...

Avran Grant gone ...

Sven gone ...

Curbishley gone ...

Mark Hughes has been told to get a top four finish this season? What happens if he doesn't?

For all those praying for the Indian takeover, to save Keegan and make his world perfect, it is worth thinking about. What happens if Keegan doesn't deliver quickly enough?

as sensible as... mid table finish for 100 years  :undecided:

Mourinho gone ...

Avran Grant gone ...

Sven gone ...

Curbishley gone ...

Yeah Ashley gets through 2 managers a year, he's much better than that lot of slackers.

Mourinho gone ...

Avran Grant gone ...

Sven gone ...

Curbishley gone ...

Yeah Ashley gets through 2 managers a year, he's much better than that lot of slackers.

He didn't hire Allardyce.

He hasn't sacked Keegan.

No matter how much they spend, I cannot see City cracking the top four in the next two seasons. I feel that if they do not Hughes will be sacked.

how about this? hughes buy...

--------------------buffon---------------

daniel alves---ferdinand--toure--- cole

ronaldo--- diego---essien---robinho

----------torres ----------luca toni---------

The new owners will pour tons of money into Man City, realize they can't buy the league as easily as they thought, and then get bored and pull the plug (and in their wake will be massive amounts of debt and wages to pay).

what debt and wages? they pick from their own pocket.... not like they were owned by glazers.... what we facing is 100 x abramovic

When chairmen install people in roles like Director of Football, or VP of Player Recruitment or whatever, does it EVER end in any way other than tears?

my thought too.

Its not just a billionaire, wanting instant success.  If you look at the majority of clubs who have been taken over, and their manager sent packing, nearly all of them have had someone installed between the owner/chairman and the manager.

Do they honestly think they will be able to sign the likes of Torres, Ronaldo, Fabregas and Berbatov?

they can.... torres & fabregas = 50 m, ronaldo = 100 m.... berbatov = 1 cent (wtf berbatov????oh dear)

Yes they have the money, but City won't be able to attract such players from their respective clubs until they are playing Champions League football at least.

Kaka the best poster on here :lol:

;)

I've had next to no sleep for 3 days trying to meet a deadline while being distracted by the latest Toon soap opera, so I may well be talking bollocks and posting things I later regret  :lol:

The new owners will pour tons of money into Man City, realize they can't buy the league as easily as they thought, and then get bored and pull the plug (and in their wake will be massive amounts of debt and wages to pay).

Or spend enough to reach the top and then let the club fund itself  through champions league money etc like chelsea are now

I like the way we have gone so far when Ashley took over, I hope he will be the owner for the foreseeable future. As far as I can see the club is being run in a proffessional way and I genuinely feel Ashley does care about this club. I certainly don't want the likes of the Russians and mega rich Indians taking over because when they get bored and pull the plug the club will be in deep shit. 

Do they honestly think they will be able to sign the likes of Torres, Ronaldo, Fabregas and Berbatov?

they can.... torres & fabregas = 50 m, ronaldo = 100 m.... berbatov = 1 cent (wtf berbatov????oh dear)

Yes they have the money, but City won't be able to attract such players from their respective clubs until they are playing Champions League football at least.

even for 200k/week?.. omg... this is not FM... it is real life

Mourinho gone ...

Avran Grant gone ...

Sven gone ...

Curbishley gone ...

Billy Davies, Chris Hutchings, Little Sam, Big Sam, Steve Bruce all went last season.

The Premier League is a pirhana tank regardless...