How do we tidy up this mess ?

afar

I couldn't find a similar type of thread for this, but it there is one please admins combine this or delete it.

Assuming KK stays and I have to say I'm pretty confident that he will now, how do we go about cleaning up the mess of the last few days ?

What statement goes out to explain what happened to the fans ? Remember it may not be a good idea to tell the truth.

What does KK tell the players ? If he was unhappy with certain players coming in, does he tell him ? Probably not. If he was unhappy that Ashley was trying to sell Barton, Owen, Smith or whoever, does he tell the player that the owner of the club doesn't want them ?

Hopefully KK will still be our manager but it's one hell of a mess that we have to clear up now and it would appear that there is no easy way to do it :(

A statement saying that discussions are concluded, were productive, various issues were raised and we're now ready to move forward.

The club says it supports Keegan, and KK himself states that he is pleased he had these discussions and he is now ready to move forward with Newcastle's exciting future under Mike Ashley.

Not that it will stop the press going on as usual, but that's what I would like to hear.

Easy, dont believe what the press say.

Let us go out and slaughter Hull City a week on Saturday...

That's not so easy, the press jumped the gun. They looked bloody stupid for sure. But no one has denied that there hasn't been disagreements between the two parties. In fact this has been confirmed by both club and manager.

A statement saying that discussions are concluded, were productive, various issues were raised and we're now ready to move forward.

The club says it supports Keegan, and KK himself states that he is pleased he had these discussions and he is now ready to move forward with Newcastle's exciting future under Mike Ashley.

Not that it will stop the press going on as usual, but that's what I would like to hear.

That's fine for the fans and the press but KK has to go into more detail with the players themselves. It would be impossible for him not to.

That's fine for the fans and the press but KK has to go into more detail with the players themselves. It would be impossible for him not to.

For sure, I thought you just meant what they should release to the public.

i think you just have to trust him to do the right thing, he will.

The easy bit is managing the fans here, the more difficult aspect is managing communication to the players, how can he ensure that they all stayed committed and focussed ? He may have to come out with a huge lie. Someone in the set up may have to be made out as the scape goat and sacrificed, can't see anyone volunteering for that role.

Said it yesterday

Call a press conference

Mike and Kev side by side

Terry Mac brings in 2 pints of Broon Ale

Synchronised downing of said pints

Get up and leave

I would laugh my balls off if they did that. I think they should as well, just to take the piss out of the whole situation.

Guest elbee909

Sack Wise or the Lamb as an offering to the fans for this disaster.

Give full transfer control to KK.

Start buying players for the winter window ASAP.

I think Ashley could take Keegan outside, and they both look up to see a helicopter hovering in the air.  Llambias pushes Wise out of the helicopter, the noose tightens, breaking his neck instantly.  Keegan: "You see that piece of shit up there?  I never liked him.  I never trust him. "

Said it yesterday

Call a press conference

Get up and leave

:lol: quality.

Knowing our luck though, the media would spin it depending on who finished their pint first or something.

Those players who were supposedly to be sold will have heard the rumour. I'm sure they'll be looking for clarification. It's all very well Keegan saying he wants to keep them, but I dare say it will be a strange feeling knowing that the board wanted to flog you.

The only way for this to move forward is to accept that it will take time to forget about it. Both parties need to come out, admit that there were issues, and give a definite statement that they have been resolved definitely and for the long term.

The easy bit is managing the fans here, the more difficult aspect is managing communication to the players, how can he ensure that they all stayed committed and focussed ? He may have to come out with a huge lie. Someone in the set up may have to be made out as the scape goat and sacrificed, can't see anyone volunteering for that role.

I think the other way, the fans are much harder to keep happy. They have to make do with press releases and sky sportas news.

Keegans easiest win will be to get back on the training ground and get the players back on side. He'll have it sorted in no time.

I think the other way, the fans are much harder to keep happy. They have to make do with press releases and sky sportas news.

Keegans easiest win will be to get back on the training ground and get the players back on side. He'll have it sorted in no time.

Yeah but the fans aren't going to be kicking a football around the pitch against Hull, it's more important that the players are in the right frame of mind than the fans. As we fans will play off what the players serve us.

If KK stays I have the feeling we'll see an almighty effort against Hull, the secret though will be to sustain it, because when things start to go wrong, the events of the last couple of days will come to the surface again.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Said it yesterday

Call a press conference

Get up and leave

Ashley only drinks non alcoholic though :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

Keegan probably needs to say something on the lines of donth lynch ashley, wise and co, and that they want the best for the club etc...