Keegan at Fulham.

Optimistic Nut

Just something that came to mind there, and I'm willing to be corrected if wrong, but late 90s did Keegan not go to Fulham in pretty much the exact same role that he seems to be strongly against right now? Seem to remember either Mickey Adams and/or Ray Wilkins there with Keegan in some sort of Director role, and within months becoming manager himself. Just came to mind there so would be a bit hypocritical of him having a go at the current set-up and being undermimed when just 10 years ago he was doing the same thing...or perhaps it's because he knows what happened to the manager then that he's wary of the whole thing. Something to chew over anyway.

That was in 90's when clubs wanted DOF but all they did was play golf & advise the Chairman. I think only Spurs with Pleat had a DOF who actually did something in 90's at a English club.

Mainly involving driving around soho late at night.  bluerazz.gif

You're correct. Keegan took over from Ray Wilkins after a dispute.

If that's true, then highly hypocritical of Keegan. If he knew what happened then, if should have told Ashley in January he wasn't happy with the situation, and if Ashley was still going to appoint Wise, he should have walked then.

Unless he was flogging players behind the manager's back, I don't see how it makes him a hypocrite.

yep, I'll go with that.

I think that it was Keegan who chose Ray Wilkins as manager, and when he turned out to be a bag of shite, replaced him as manager, which began Fulhams rise up and eventually into the premiership.

If that's true, then highly hypocritical of Keegan. If he knew what happened then, if should have told Ashley in January he wasn't happy with the situation, and if Ashley was still going to appoint Wise, he should have walked then.

Wilkins was sacked by Fulham [Al Fayed ?][ because he was getting nowhere. You can't blame Keegan if he was asked to step in ?

Isn't that a ridiculous over simplification?

That was in 90's when clubs wanted DOF but all they did was play golf & advise the Chairman. I think only Spurs with Pleat had a DOF who actually did something in 90's at a English club.

Mainly involving driving around soho late at night.  bluerazz.gif

:pow:

Are you being serious or just a wum? Are you comparing Keegan with Wise and ask yourself if you were a Fulham supporter then who would you have wanted as manager and ask yourself the same of Keegan and Wise. Wise, Llambias are doing Ashley bidding I cannot imagine for one minute that Keegan was acting as Al-Fayed's bitch.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just something that came to mind there, and I'm willing to be corrected if wrong, but late 90s did Keegan not go to Fulham in pretty much the exact same role that he seems to be strongly against right now? Seem to remember either Mickey Adams and/or Ray Wilkins there with Keegan in some sort of Director role, and within months becoming manager himself. Just came to mind there so would be a bit hypocritical of him having a go at the current set-up and being undermimed when just 10 years ago he was doing the same thing...or perhaps it's because he knows what happened to the manager then that he's wary of the whole thing. Something to chew over anyway.

I'm sure the set-up or very idea of it isn't the problem here, but rather his role within it, the role of others and how to execute it all to serve him best. I'm sure KK didn't complain when he saw Jonas in training or when told he now has on an army of world-wide scouts to find him talent, cried.

Your entire post is stupid because how the f*** do you know he undermined people at Fulham or doesn't want or can't work with such a set-up. Reads like shit stirring to me.

I'm sure the set-up or very idea of it isn't the problem here, but rather his role within it, the role of others and how to execute it all to serve him best. I'm sure KK didn't complain when he saw Jonas in training or when told he now has on an army of world-wide scouts to find him talent, cried.

Your entire post is stupid because how the f*** do you know he undermined people at Fulham or doesn't want or can't work with such a set-up. Reads like s*** stirring to me.

From our very own "Who the f**k are Fulham FC" section from last season.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/2008/03/21/977/

In Adams’ place he installed a managerial ‘dream team’ of Ray Wilkins as First Team Manager and Kevin Keegan as Chief Operating Officer, proclaiming that the club would reach the Premiership within five years.

After an argument over the team selection, Ray Wilkins left the club in May 1998 and handed over the full managerial duties to Kevin Keegan

Guest Howaythetoon

Your entire post is stupid because how the f*** do you know he undermined people at Fulham or doesn't want or can't work with such a set-up. Reads like s*** stirring to me.

From our very own "Who the f**k are Fulham FC" section from last season.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/2008/03/21/977/

In Adams’ place he installed a managerial ‘dream team’ of Ray Wilkins as First Team Manager and Kevin Keegan as Chief Operating Officer, proclaiming that the club would reach the Premiership within five years.

After an argument over the team selection, Ray Wilkins left the club in May 1998 and handed over the full managerial duties to Kevin Keegan

Did James write that?

i think he'll know only too well, from his personal experience, that sometimes directors of football have their eyes on the manager's seat.

though i'm not sure if he wriggled his way into the job or if he had deliberately plotted against anyone - fayed got twitchy fingers that wilkins hadnt secured automatic promotion despite spending a lot of money. i don't re

i seem to remember al fayed got rid of micky adams too right after he'd gotten the side promoted the season before.