How long will Mike Ashley endure the hassle?

Doug

Bearing in mind he took over in his words 'to have fun'.

There are banners abusing him, face book sites with abusers in their hundreds, and now an abusively edited Wikepedia entry of him.

We had better hope there is someone waiting in the wings to buy us because I predict he wont stick around too much longer. No Keegan or Ashley could be the new scenario.

If it means selling out to super rich arabs - not long, I hope !

But I can't fathom the idiocy of abuse from morons who give the word "peabrain" a bad name.

i thought the general consensus was he didnt care what people thought of him?

He obviously does as he wouldn't do all these PR stunts like buying pints, going to Blu Bambu and buying everyone a pint there.  He does this to make people think he's a man of the people, not because he wants to be loved but so he can take the piss a bit more and get away with it IMO.  Starting to dislike the man but you never know wtf goes on.  We'll find out shortly to see what this man is about. 

Does he stick to his business plan or does he give the public what they want?

it's hard to say without knowing the details of the keegan saga over the past few days.

That's what I mean,  I think the next few days are when we understand why he bought this club.  If he bought it for enjoyment, having a laugh whilst still not making a loss then Keegan will get his way.  If Keegan goes and the structure remains then its basically a marketing arm for his companies as well as a profit making machine.

I am hoping that the fans reaction to Keegan possibly going has fully opened his eyes to the passion towards this club. My hope is that the thought of bringing success to this club, and the reation of the fans and the people this would bring, will make it worth while

Any businessman strong willed and bullish enough to become a billionaire off his own bat is not going to give up because a load of teenagers call him a cunt, someone starts a nasty Facebook group, or a bored student edits his wikipedia page.

Any businessman strong willed and bullish enough to become a billionaire off his own bat is not going to give up because a load of teenagers call him a cunt, someone starts a nasty Facebook group, or a bored student edits his wikipedia page.

He might if he knows those teenagers, their dads and their mates could skint him

They can't skint him.

If every single Newcastle United supporter in the world boycotted every single Mike Ashley related company, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to him.

So if the club made zero ticket sales and zero merchandising sales it wouldn't effect his 250M investment?  It would ruin the club, yes , he wouldn't be ruined but I'm sure he'd like to hold onto that 250M.

They can't skint him.

If every single Newcastle United supporter in the world boycotted every single Mike Ashley related company, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to him.

So if the club made zero ticket sales and zero merchandising sales it wouldn't effect his 250M investment?  It would ruin the club, yes , he wouldn't be ruined but I'm sure he'd like to hold onto that 250M.

I was discounting the club and referring to his other businesses.

That's why they've got us over a barrel. They now we'll keep coming in sufficient numbers, whatever happens.

They can't skint him.

yup, all the sunderland fans would go out and buy more of their umbro kits just to give ashley money to prolong his stay here if things went tits up

They can't skint him.

I was discounting the club and referring to his other businesses.

That's why they've got us over a barrel. They now we'll keep coming in sufficient numbers, whatever happens.

Discounting the finances, I am sure he doesnt want to be seen as a failure and if it all goes horribly pear shaped at Newcastle, his failure is going to be plastered all over the world

I really don't understand all of this nonsense with Ashley.

He's got a vision for the club, and it's different to Keegan's. That's what's causing the problems, nothing else.

As for the arabs taking over, do you really want to become the next Chelsea? I've despised them for what they've done to the game.

I really don't understand all of this nonsense with Ashley.

He's got a vision for the club, and it's different to Keegan's. That's what's causing the problems, nothing else.

As for the arabs taking over, do you really want to become the next Chelsea? I've despised them for what they've done to the game.

Yep, I hate the fact that a club has spent as much as Man United to try and catch them.

You're right, he won't want to be seen as a failure.

I just think his reaction to moving towards failing is more likely to be to dig his heels in and try to sort it out, rather than doing a bunk.

I would expect that what every fan wants as well.... just so long as it includes Keegan

I cant be arsed with going through a whole other take over and trying to work out the intentions of some other random billionaire.