Premier league going downhill

ChrisJbarnes

Ive been thinking this for a long time, but I am hating premier league football more and more each day! I bought west ham v newcastle tickets a couple of days ago, and since then both managers have now resigned as a result of board conflicts! Each club is being run as a toy, supporters loyalty exploited and twats like frank lampard being paid £150k a week whilst we cant afford to get in! fed up. ill always be a NUFC fan, but other than interest in us i think ill start going to championship matches where for the time being its relatively unspoilt.

Posted something similar earlier mate.  The entire game is fucked - rotten to the core.  The Man City thing for me the other day was a disgrace.  The way unheard of people can just come and take over clubs and use them as their weekend playthings.  The KK situation has been the final nail in the coffin for me.  A bloke who has devoted his life to football in a genuine way has just been made to look a dickhead by some mugs that know fuck all about the game.  They're not fit to wipe his arse.

The FA need to take a long hard look at whats going on because the bubble has got to burst one day.  But then they're just as corrupt as the fuckas that are runing the game as long as their pockets are still getting lined.

Football R.I.P.

Posted something similar earlier mate.  The entire game is fucked - rotten to the core.  The Man City thing for me the other day was a disgrace.  The way unheard of people can just come and take over clubs and use them as their weekend playthings.  The KK situation has been the final nail in the coffin for me.  A bloke who has devoted his life to football in a genuine way has just been made to look a dickhead by some mugs that know fuck all about the game.  They're not fit to wipe his arse.

The FA need to take a long hard look at whats going on because the bubble has got to burst one day.  But then they're just as corrupt as the fuckas that are runing the game as long as their pockets are still getting lined.

Football R.I.P.

Hear hear.

I am in this boat too. It's sucking the enjoyment out of it for me and tonight has topped it all off. Keegan was at least someone genuine and was into football for all the right reasons. It's gone so far now that it's getting harder for new generations to see what football should really be about and it will continue to suffer as a result.

Football R.I.P.

Hear hear.

I agree.

Guest Darth Toon

I actually started enjoying football again over the last few months, after a couple of years where I struggled to think of more than even a couple of our own players I actually liked.

Sadly the days of someone coming in and doing what KK did for us last time round are long gone - maybe it's better it happens this way rather than watch his fight and enthusiasm drained over a period of several seasons in the new world order.

Guest dogbert

I agree with all you say, it is the fact that it is only money that brings success in the premier league and if you don't have billions you will be lucky to win anything. Although I suppose Portsmouth were the exception to prove the rule last season.

However this thread on the Stoke board I think makes sense of the whole glory hunting versus real football supporters debate and shows why in the hour of greatest despond supporters of real football clubs must keep the faith. Those Stoke supporters must have plunged the depths of despair over the last 20 odd years so read the following link and keep the faith in the beautiful game eventually the glory hunters will move on to something else and we will get our game back.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=43094