IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

To all those concerned,

I am writing to you about the recent events at St James' Park. I am sure collectively we can all agree we are extremely angry, upset and disappointed with the way the Keegan situation has arose, and been dealt with.

Therefore, I am writing to you, to suggest a possible meeting between representatives from each of the Newcastle United Fan Groups/Fanzines/Website hosts.

The meeting would need to be urgent, as obviously we only have around a week to sort this. So I would suggest a meeting on Saturday 6th September would be most appropriate. The meeting would be organised in order to discuss all the best possible ideas and solutions to making our voices known, most effectively, as Newcastle United supporters.

This is obviously open to opinions, and I would appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Toon Ultras Member

If you are interested in this...it would probably be more appropriate for an Admin' member, or someone who is a popular/well respected member to come in the end. Just getting ideas about who would be interested. It is better if we all do something collective than in seperate groups. Anyways, If you're interested...especially an Admin'/Mod' then just pop your name down. We'll try and get something sorted.

I have posted this as a representative of TU, just to try and get the ball rolling, it isn't solely my idea or me running it. Like I say...just trying to get something organised.

For those who cant attend the meeting but would like to be there , you could maybe put your ideas in here so they can be discussed still.

A meeting may not be necessary, but we need to get these ideas channeled, collectively...

For those who cant attend the meeting but would like to be there , you could maybe put your ideas in here so they can be discussed still.

A meeting may not be necessary, but we neeed to get these ideas channeled, collectively...

What do you hope to achieve? What would be the best outcome of the meeting in your opinion?

We need to be careful what we wish for, he could sell us to anyone..

Not going to the games is a complete non starter, not showing up to support the team will be shooting ourselves int he foot in the long run.

The good old sack the board chant is a winner every time, or how about "we want the truth" for a fucking change!.

A meeting may not be necessary, but we neeed to get these ideas channeled, collectively...

What do you hope to achieve? What would be the best outcome of the meeting in your opinion?

Maybe just to discuss and confirm what as a group of fans together , UNITED , we are going to do , to show our concern for the way the club is going.

Not going to the games is a complete non starter, not showing up to support the team will be shooting ourselves int he foot in the long run.

The good old sack the board chant is a winner every time, or how about "we want the truth" for a f***ing change!.

Get out of our club

Get out of our cluuuub

YOU LYING BASTARDS

Get out of our club

You dont care about Keegan

You dont care about fans

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Are in the wrong hand

An idea that has been thrown around is to do a march similar to the one the TU organized against Manu last season. That was very successful.

http://www.toonultras.com/Gallery/albums/userpics/p1010109ct7.jpg

http://www.toonultras.com/Gallery/albums/userpics/p1010108yq0.jpg

Just imagine how many people we could get involved in this march.

On the Toon Ultras Forums there is about a 60/40 split I would say. The 60 wanting to voice their opinions and views about Ashley/The Board and the Keegan issue.

These same people seem to be backing the idea of a 'march' or maybe just boycotting the first 15/20mins/the first half/full game. There is a few ideas getting dotted around but this one about boycotting seems to be popping up quite alot. Not just on our own forums but all the other sites and forums related to Newcastle United.

The good old sack the board chant is a winner every time, or how about "we want the truth" for a f***ing change!.

Get out of our club

Get out of our cluuuub

YOU LYING BASTARDS

Get out of our club

You dont care about Keegan

You dont care about fans

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Are in the wrong hand

Well LFC fans have been singing those for ages.

Guest Howaythetoon

This sounds like to me to raise the profile of TU. The TU march? Fans' march, I know because I know kids who marched who hadn't even heard of TU.

A like the idea of fans meeting up though as things need discussed.

The march sounds like a decent idea that could happen.

If this march gets organised and happens. The Police will have to be contacted before hand to ensure it is legal and organised.

Oh aye by the book :D

We got a bit of a ticking off last time , but the police co-operated very well and said in the future if we are to attempt a march/protest , contact the police and they will be happy to ensure it is as safe as possible for the people taking part , along with the other members of the public , which is fair enough i think.

Isn't there now some scheme where you give the box office a list of every season ticket holder in a group, and everybody in that group becomes a member of an official NUFC supporters group.

Why not get together and form a huge supporter's group with some blatant protest title?