NUFC needs us more than ever now, but not so much in the traditional way!

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

For too long we have put up with the shit and for too long our support has been taken for granted by too many people for too many years. If we allow this to pass without some form of action we shall never ever be able to complain or moan about things again because if we don't, we'll have shown we are not football fans but customers who are happy to keep paying for and supporting any old crap be it crap managerial appointments, sackings, failed transfer windows or whatever. Now is our time as fans to take over the club. It is something we must look into doing and the only solution to our football club because Ashley ain't the solution and nor even was KK. WE ARE!

This last week has left me feeling something I should never ever have to feel where MY club is concerned. At the minute I just don't give a fuck. I couldn't care less if we win or lose against Hull or who comes in now because no 3 points or any manager can help me conceal my utter contempt for football and the fuckers running it and playing the game right now.

I think we now need to start looking into owning our football club outright as fans. Liverpool fans are looking into it and I imagine more and more fans around the country will be too regarding their own respective clubs as the game goes from bad to worse.

This could be our only safe future.

I think the world this past few days has had a real glimpse of what NUFC actually means to the City and people of Newcastle. It isn't just a football club, indeed it is more than about a weekend fixture, a manager or players and owners, for fuck sake the City Council felt they needed to get involved rightly or wrongly. NUFC is about peoples lives, not football, football is eye candy, our weekend fun. NUFC is our lives, 24-7 none stop.

50,000 fans stumping up £5,000 each = £250m (Ashley's money back)

I know not a lot of people can afford 5K but why can't we get a loan of that sum and pay for that loan over the course of years, as a fans consortium? I can't afford to buy a house for 200K in cash but I could get a loan of 200K and afford it over the spread of many years.

I think the support within the city from fans and businesses' would be huge for such an idea, yet no-one has ever tried to set the ball rolling.

Now could be the time before we lose our club forever.

Think about that last comment...

Man City do not now need their fans for anything other than a backdrop, same at Chelsea. The football equivalent of a painting on the wall to tart a room up. I do not want that for Newcastle United. I would love to see us win something one day of course but what I want more than anything for my club is for it to be run by people who have the club and fans' best interests at heart at all times who will always be there to back and support the club unconditionally for the benefit of the club and the only people out there like that are you and me.

5K is nothing to what I've invested into NUFC over the years, I probably spend that in one season. I've already spent about 1500 before a ball was kicked.

If a genuine fans consortium set up to take control of the club come to me asking for donations, I'd happily part with some of my hard earned.

Ashley is getting none more of it.

Realistically,it's not gonna happen. It would be difficult enough to raise the cash, and after the club has been bought, who is going to stump up all that extra expenditure that will be needed.

Everyone would just fallout amongst themselves as usual.

Would be better off campaigning for Llambias to be replaced by a democratically elected president.

Guest elbee909

Realistically,it's not gonna happen. It would be difficult enough to raise the cash, and after the club has been bought, who is going to stump up all that extra expenditure that will be needed.

Everyone would just fallout amongst themselves as usual.

Would be better off campaigning for Llambias to be replaced by a democratically elected president.

You're halfway there, funnily enough.  Fans as holders of the club would vote for an elected club president etc.  Bit like some of the Spanish clubs.

Guest Howaythetoon

Laugh away people. Liverpool fans are seriously looking into such an idea, should we not given the current state of things not only at our club but within football?

NUFC fans all mouth, always have been.

Laugh away people. Liverpool fans are seriously looking into such an idea, should we not given the current state of things not only at our club but within football?

NUFC fans all mouth, always have been.

Once the fans bought the club for 250m how would they fund the manager's transfer war chest? Raise another £50m?

Guest Geordiecunny

More likely to set up a sort of "FC United" style thing. Cheap prices, real fans, offer KK the managers job, no over-paid prima donnas, fan owned.

Guest WashyGeordie

More likely to set up a sort of "FC United" style thing. Cheap prices, real fans, offer KK the managers job, no over-paid prima donnas, fan owned.

Newcastle Blue Star.

So KK would be telling Michael Owen that he was being sold then? Or would we all raise more cash to pay his £24m 3yr contract?