"Anti-London feeling is running high"

Guest thenorthumbrian

Supermac, Glenn Roeder, Rob Lee, Warren Barton and many other southerners/Londoners have been held in great affection in Newcastle.

The tone of the article is a bit patronising and parochial, I don't believe we have anything against Londoners in general and irrespective of where these people came from they would be facing the same criticisms.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Supermac, Glenn Roeder, Rob Lee, Warren Barton and many other southerners/Londoners have been held in great affection in Newcastle.

The tone of the article is a bit patronising and parochial, I don't believe we have anything against Londoners in general and irrespective of where these people came from they would be facing the same criticisms.

Running the club from London left Keegan isolated within the club he was supposed to be responsible for managing.

The "cockney cartel"  have adopted an arrogant & high handed approach, obviously, otherwise her current Ashley/Wise created mess would never have happened.

People running a football club have be aware of the character and identity of that club which in the case of Newcastle is very much and strongly associated with the city and region in which it is based.

Something the current owner and boardroom management have paid lip service to but have obviously failed to really appreciate.

I am a current season ticket holder but as long as Ashley and Wise continue to hold the positions at the club they do I will not set foot inside St James Park, and will not buy merchandise at the club shops.

I could say I would stop shopping at Sports Direct but as that place was pure tat I never went there in the first place.

Guest Sniffer

This region has been run by London for a thousand years or so. Why not have our football team,  which is our major identity, run by the same people who couldn't give a rat's arse as well?

This region has been run by London for a thousand years or so. Why not have our football team,  which is our major identity, run by the same people who couldn't give a rat's arse as well?

Geordies. Know Your Place.

A bit like that classic Harry Enfield sketch: Women Know Your Place.

Running the club from London left Keegan isolated within the club he was supposed to be responsible for managing.

The "cockney cartel"  have adopted an arrogant & high handed approach, obviously, otherwise her current Ashley/Wise created mess would never have happened.

People running a football club have be aware of the character and identity of that club which in the case of Newcastle is very much and strongly associated with the city and region in which it is based.

Something the current owner and boardroom management have paid lip service to but have obviously failed to really appreciate.

I am a current season ticket holder but as long as Ashley and Wise continue to hold the positions at the club they do I will not set foot inside St James Park, and will not by merchandise at the club shops.

I could say I would stop shopping at Sports Direct but as that place was pure tat I never went there in the first place.

Then it's really strange that many on here think the answer is to have the club owned by Indians, Arabs or whoever.

There are only a couple of Geordies (Graham Wylie springs to mind) who have the type of mega wealth needed to make an impact on football nowadays, so maybe an Englishman is as close as we'll get to someone understanding us.

I am a current season ticket holder but as long as Ashley and Wise continue to hold the positions at the club they do I will not set foot inside St James Park, and will not by merchandise at the club shops.

Then it's really strange that many on here think the answer is to have the club owned by Indians, Arabs or whoever.

There are only a couple of Geordies (Graham Wylie springs to mind) who have the type of mega wealth needed to make an impact on football nowadays, so maybe an Englishman is as close as we'll get to someone understanding us.

Nobody will ever understand us. Fat Fred was the closest we'll ever get - only problem was that whilst he understood us, he was a greedy fat self-serving bastard who screwed the club up.

if an indian/arab/jewish/colombian (or whatever) businessman buys the club tomorrow then invests money in the squad in january he'll be flavour of the month until it goes wrong on the pitch, then he "won't understand us"

for years everyone was crying about getting shepherd out and running a professional club, now we're falling over ourselves to attract anyone with money so he'll spend it on players regardless of the implications

ashley is unpopular (now) 'cause he's not doing what everyone wants, which may very well be different from what is needed, when the dust settles people may see this but i doubt it

watch the movie gladiator, we're the crowd

if an indian/arab/jewish/colombian (or whatever) businessman buys the club tomorrow then invests money in the squad in january he'll be flavour of the month until it goes wrong on the pitch, then he "won't understand us"

for years everyone was crying about getting shepherd out and running a professional club, now we're falling over ourselves to attract anyone with money so he'll spend it on players regardless of the implications

ashley is unpopular (now) 'cause he's not doing what everyone wants, which may very well be different from what is needed, when the dust settles people may see this but i doubt it

ding.....

one point to mr 75

Watch the TV show Gladiators, we're the crowd.

watch a Big Brother eviction show, we're the crowd.

watch a Big Brother show, we're the fucking housemates

watch a Big Brother show, we're the fucking housemates

Watch Big Brother? You're a mong!

Not really, Jonny, just a joke. ;)

watch a Big Brother show, we're the f***ing housemates

Watch Big Brother? You're a mong!

Not really, Jonny, just a joke. ;)

It can't be a joke. Jokes are supposed to be funny.

:laugh: