Poyet rules himself out of running for NUFC job

BONTEMPI

How long has this actually been in development, I think this has been planned all along by Ashley and Co.

Ashley appoints Kev to get the vast majority of fans on his side as well as appearing in his toon top to look like one of the lads!  As  the team Ashley really wanted to replace Big Sam was unavailable at that time he brings in Kev until his man becomes available.

The January window has a couple of weeks left to at least acquire a few players to help us get out the mess we were in, but alas nothing happens with people shocked nothing of note was done.

Was this Ashley persueding Keegan that major rebuilding would be done in the summer with keegan thinking major cash will be spent keeping him sweet until then.

Then Dennis wise appointed out of the blue which has alarm bells ringing in the media and amongst some fans as a very strange choice and so early in Keegans return.

Summer comes and go's with Ashley totally undermining KK in the transfer market with only 1 player coming in that was Kevin's which was of minimal outlay and sells how many under his nose or attempts too? Aswell as buying players Keegan didn't sanction.

The other interesting thing is that Poyet suggested to Wise to sign Nacho as he was looking at getting him for Spurs but why didn't he for Spurs? hmmmmm

Ashley knows Keegan won't stand for it and is prepared for this stand off, where he'll back Wise all the way until Keegan quits and tries to make it look like Keegans walked away  like he has before with Ashley covering his back saying he was not sacked and he wouldn't accept the way the club was doing things.

And now the last piece of Ashley's jigsaw is Gustavo Poyet will come in to the fold as he planned all along.

I've got this motherfucker sowed up   :pow:

:angry:

I don't think so, results have been decent after a shaky start and the fans were happy so it would be totally against all good business sense to plan for his resignation.

Just think two sides have been pulling in opposite directions instead of making the best of our resources they/him have inevitably funked up big style!!

Guest Mucky01

the only way I could remotely put up with Poyet being the manager is for Wise to be sacked first. The thought of Dennis Wise having that much power with his best mate replacing KK after what has gone on would enrage and repulse me beyond belief.

I don't think so, results have been decent after a shaky start and the fans were happy so it would be totally against all good business sense to plan for his resignation.

Just think two sides have been pulling in opposite directions instead of making the best of our resources they/him have inevitably funked up big style!!

We'll see come the next managerial appointment. But it seems a little too structured for it just to be a simple difference of opinion.

How long has this actually been in development, I think this has been planned all along by Ashley and Co.

Ashley appoints Kev to get the vast majority of fans on his side as well as appearing in his toon top to look like one of the lads!  As  the team Ashley really wanted to replace Big Sam was unavailable at that time he brings in Kev until his man becomes available.

The January window has a couple of weeks left to at least acquire a few players to help us get out the mess we were in, but alas nothing happens with people shocked nothing of note was done.

Was this Ashley persueding Keegan that major rebuilding would be done in the summer with keegan thinking major cash will be spent keeping him sweet until then.

Then Dennis wise appointed out of the blue which has alarm bells ringing in the media and amongst some fans as a very strange choice and so early in Keegans return.

Summer comes and go's with Ashley totally undermining KK in the transfer market with only 1 player coming in that was Kevin's which was of minimal outlay and sells how many under his nose or attempts too? Aswell as buying players Keegan didn't sanction.

The other interesting thing is that Poyet suggested to Wise to sign Nacho as he was looking at getting him for Spurs but why didn't he for Spurs? hmmmmm

Ashley knows Keegan won't stand for it and is prepared for this stand off, where he'll back Wise all the way until Keegan quits and tries to make it look like Keegans walked away  like he has before with Ashley covering his back saying he was not sacked and he wouldn't accept the way the club was doing things.

And now the last piece of Ashley's jigsaw is Gustavo Poyet will come in to the fold as he planned all along.

I've got this motherfucker sowed up   :pow:

:angry:

must admit that i had thought of similar.

But only in the sense that Kev was only brought in to get bums on seats and season ticket renewals and shirt sales up. now that, that, has been achieved and they have that 3 year thing with quite a few people bound to it  they have dumped him out of the picture.

Poyet would be a suicidal appointment by Ashley and he knows it, he would not be that stupid to appoint him. I will be shocked if the next appoint is not a very exciting one, ie a Moyes or some continental coach with a good track record. Or alternatively Shearer. He'll be looking to appease the fans. I will happily go on record and state Poyet will not be our next manager.

Poyet would be a suicidal appointment by Ashley and he knows it, he would not be that stupid to appoint him. I will be shocked if the next appoint is not a very exciting one, ie a Moyes or some continental coach with a good track record. Or alternatively Shearer. He'll be looking to appease the fans. I will happily go on record and state Poyet will not be our next manager.

I would generally agree with that view.  Poyet has already turned down the opportunity to be Fergie's #2 at Old Trafford, and whilst there is a difference between being a First Team Coach (as he is now) and being the Head Coach (as he would be at Newcastle), the ultimate power would still be with Wise. 

In addition to that, one person known to be fairly close to him is saying that for private reasons it would be highly unlikely for Poyet to move.  Not definitely, but highly unlikely.

When he turned down Utd Poyet said "I want to stay at Spurs, I want to stay with this manager, this group of players and this club because I'm very happy".

"When you are in England and you are lucky enough to be with one of the big teams you are always going to get speculation."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article4337916.ece

Put your consipiracy theories to bed.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=55830.475

Gus staying in Lane

Comments from Gus Poyet in response to questions about becoming KK's successor, as reported on Friday:

"When you are in England and you are lucky enough to be with one of the big teams you are always going to get speculation.

"I want to stay at Spurs, I want to stay with this manager, this group of players and this club because I'm very happy."

Happy days Wise's Pal staying put!

Guest elbee909

Poyet wouldn't be able to resist coming on to the pitch whenever Chelsea or Tottenham are playing against us, and scoring on their behalf.

Poyet would be an awful move. Id hate it. But saying that, Id rather him than Shearer tbh. Its just not the right time to bring Shearer in.

Moyes would be great but I cant see it.

What we really need is to get Ashley OUT and get a new owner in. Wise will f*ck off if Ash leaves.

It doesnt matter who we appoint, I cant see us progressing if ashley and wise are still here.

Why is he even getting a mention ffs. Because he was Wise's m8 and assistant at Leeds. Jesus Wept.

Because he's a highly rated young coach who the club think could work well in the role they're looking to fill?

Apparently Carlos Queiroz was the one at Man Utd who done most of the work on the training ground and was being credited as being behind Man Utd's tactical set up, now Alex Ferguson was apparently looking at Poyet to replace Queiroz because he's rated that highly, so why couldn't he fill that role here?

The only difference is that coming here as our main man in the dug out would come with far more pressure, it would be a risk but I can see the thinking behind it.

I'm not saying he isn't a good coach. But he is still totally unproven as a manger and like you said i really don't think he could handle the pressure.

Why is he even getting a mention ffs. Because he was Wise's m8 and assistant at Leeds. Jesus Wept.

Because he's a highly rated young coach who the club think could work well in the role they're looking to fill?

Apparently Carlos Queiroz was the one at Man Utd who done most of the work on the training ground and was being credited as being behind Man Utd's tactical set up, now Alex Ferguson was apparently looking at Poyet to replace Queiroz because he's rated that highly, so why couldn't he fill that role here?

The only difference is that coming here as our main man in the dug out would come with far more pressure, it would be a risk but I can see the thinking behind it.

Steve McLaren was also highly rated as Alex Fergusons No 2

I don't think that makes any difference on whether Poyet would succeed or fail as they are two different people, but thanks for pointing that out.

I don't think that makes any difference on whether Poyet would succeed or fail as they are two different people, but thanks for pointing that out.

I would rather though that they targetted someone who was proven as the no 1 man in the dug out and not someone who is showing excellent promise hiding behind the man making all the final decisions.

I have no doubt that Poyet could well be an excellent up and coming coach. Immense gamble for Ashley though.

Of course Wise wants Poyet check out Leeds results pre & post Poyet. It is of no surprise it was Poyet who ended up at Premier League club in a footballing capacity while Wise whinged about being about not wanting to be involved in the day-to-day stuff that being because he was exposed when Gus left him.

no quotes of course

-------

Newcastle move in for Poyet

GUS POYET is on the brink of becoming Newcastle boss.

Owner Mike Ashley made his move last night as Spurs No 2 Poyet met Toon officials in London.

He is seen as the perfect man to replace Kevin Keegan thanks to his brilliant relationship with Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez.

Poyet was Wise’s assistant when he was boss at Leeds and Swindon and also played alongside the Toon director of football at Chelsea.

Poyet, 40, is also close with vice-president Jimenez who played a controversial role in the departure of Keegan.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos will try everything he can to keep Poyet, who has been his No 2 for 11 months.

Gianfranco Zola, another Wise pal, remains in the frame however — even though he will be offered the West Ham job today.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1664840.ece