Poyet rules himself out of running for NUFC job

BONTEMPI

Question ;

Poyet is appointed, and the system is flawless, we improve greatly, do you still bemoan it?

This is the hard one, I was pondering just say by some miracle we won the Carling Cup? Ashley is still there etc, how would everyone feel? I was 3 when the Fairs cup was won and I realy would like to see us win something. But in truth I dont see it and fear a relegation fight :dave:

Question ;

Poyet is appointed, and the system is flawless, we improve greatly, do you still bemoan it?

This is the hard one, I was pondering just say by some miracle we won the Carling Cup? Ashley is still there etc, how would everyone feel? I was 3 when the Fairs cup was won and I realy would like to see us win something. But in truth I dont see it and fear a relegation fight :dave:

We can win the league, FA cup and Carling Cup, but its would still be the same as getting relegated if those cockney cunts are in charge, they have nothing but bad intentions for the club.

Sorry thought I'd answer the question for 90% of the board users and save them the bother.

Question ;

We can win the league, FA cup and Carling Cup, but its would still be the same as getting relegated if those cockney cunts are in charge, they have nothing but bad intentions for the club.

Sorry thought I'd answer the question for 90% of the board users and save them the bother.

I have to add I feel that Ashley has any intention rather than cash, there has been no action of intent 12m to rebuild a team maybe 20 years ago but not in 2008.

Guest Darth Toon

And now the last piece of Ashley's jigsaw is Gustavo Poyet will come in to the fold as he planned all along.

I've got this motherfucker sowed up   :pow:

:angry:

Looks like you might have nailed it. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still a little taken aback they're being quite so blatant.

Jobs for the boys:

Applications are invited for the position of manager coach of Newcastle United Football Club.

Candidates must be able to demonstrate:

- That they know Dennis Wise

A history of pissing off Newcastle fans will be considered a definite advantage.

Am I the only one who isn't THAT against Poyet?  If Ashley is sticking around, and we're not changing our structure, then we might as well get someone in who might work & will definately stop all these fucking 'board unrest' stories.  Quite willing to give him a chance anyway.

He might even do well.

Guest elbee909

Am I the only one who isn't THAT against Poyet?  If Ashley is sticking around, and we're not changing our structure, then we might as well get someone in who might work & will definately stop all these fucking 'board unrest' stories.  Quite willing to give him a chance anyway.

He might even do well.

Yes.  You are the ONLY one, Nicky.  Or should I say... GUSTAVO!

How long has this actually been in development, I think this has been planned all along by Ashley and Co.

Ashley appoints Kev to get the vast majority of fans on his side as well as appearing in his toon top to look like one of the lads!  As  the team Ashley really wanted to replace Big Sam was unavailable at that time he brings in Kev until his man becomes available.

The January window has a couple of weeks left to at least acquire a few players to help us get out the mess we were in, but alas nothing happens with people shocked nothing of note was done.

Was this Ashley persueding Keegan that major rebuilding would be done in the summer with keegan thinking major cash will be spent keeping him sweet until then.

Then Dennis wise appointed out of the blue which has alarm bells ringing in the media and amongst some fans as a very strange choice and so early in Keegans return.

Summer comes and go's with Ashley totally undermining KK in the transfer market with only 1 player coming in that was Kevin's which was of minimal outlay and sells how many under his nose or attempts too? Aswell as buying players Keegan didn't sanction.

The other interesting thing is that Poyet suggested to Wise to sign Nacho as he was looking at getting him for Spurs but why didn't he for Spurs? hmmmmm

Ashley knows Keegan won't stand for it and is prepared for this stand off, where he'll back Wise all the way until Keegan quits and tries to make it look like Keegans walked away  like he has before with Ashley covering his back saying he was not sacked and he wouldn't accept the way the club was doing things.

And now the last piece of Ashley's jigsaw is Gustavo Poyet will come in to the fold as he planned all along.

I've got this motherfucker sowed up   :pow:

:angry:

i think its far simpler.

ahley appoints wise, with good intentions,

wise sees( with his special two way vision) an opportunity to pi55 keegan off, to get his mate poyet the job. as worms do in all organisations, manipulates the situation. keegan goes, poyet comes in.

Alan Brazil, who has lots of Tottenham connections, was talking on Talksport this morning as though Poyet is a done deal. He also said that Paul Kemsley is very very influential at Newcastle, and it was him who convinced Ashley to bring in a DOF.

Something from January which adds to your statement...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/12/the_mystery_surrounding_kemsle.html

If Ramos is keen to keep him, and Ferguson is keen to take him, then he's clearly got some ability. I'd see his connections with Wise as an asset, because the DOF system does depend on a large measure of trust and co-operation. I don't think the fact that Keegan couldn't get on with it is a demonstration that it can't work.

But I don't think Poyet will come. There seems to be some other issue - personal or whatever - that'll lead to him staying put.

Some of the papers are reporting that Poyet has met officials of NUFC yesterday, mmm.

Just a thought from me.

When Poyet was with Wise at Leeds, albeit the 3rd division, Leeds stormed up the league, winning their first so many games and only really started to flounder after Poyet left to join Spurs, whose season took a turn for the better once Poyet arrived.  I happen to think that he (Poyet) would make a very decent coach and while he would never ignite the fans and gain any great love I feel he would quietly plod along making us a decent club and interesting to watch play (again).

Some of the papers are reporting that Poyet has met officials of NUFC yesterday, mmm.

Just a thought from me.

When Poyet was with Wise at Leeds, albeit the 3rd division, Leeds stormed up the league, winning their first so many games and only really started to flounder after Poyet left to join Spurs, whose season took a turn for the better once Poyet arrived.  I happen to think that he (Poyet) would make a very decent coach and while he would never ignite the fans and gain any great love I feel he would quietly plod along making us a decent club and interesting to watch play (again).

I am pretty confident he would do a very good job but will he be given a chance given his association with the Axis of Evil, Wise and Jiminez?

Guest MrSundlofer

Tabloid newspapers on Tuesday claimed that Spurs assistant boss Gus Poyet had met Newcastle officials in London on Monday to discuss the vacancy at SJP

I think it's obvious Gus Poyet will be our new manager. He is best friend and has worked with our director of football Dennis Wise. And Wise would love to bring him here. That for sure.

Tony Jimenez is a Chelsea fan. Friend with Wise and Poyet. Both ex Chelsea players.

Poyet talks English, Portuguese and Spanish. His second nationalite is also Spanish...

Jimenez and Wise will bring in a man they know and not gamle with Terim, Marcelino or Zico.

Just my thoughts.

He is not my first option.

I'd give any manager/coach brought in a chance because ultimately I want them to be successful and therefore the club to do well.

I wouldn't be very impressed with the club if they brought in Poyet like.

Guest Darth Toon

This is from a supposed ITK on the Betfair forum (he did call that a meeting had happened with Poyet in London yesterday before it was common knowledge):

Poyet interviewed but not convinced by Wise

Yesterday a lot of you laugh at me when I am the first to report that Poyet was interviewed (7 hours earlier than Sun paper)

The meeting did not go ahead as smoothly as Sun claims

1. Poyet is concerned about Newcastle fans

2. Poyet is not convinced a switch to Newcastle (amid so much uncertainty) is right for his career

3. The new owners or potential new owners of Newcastle might not want Wise and Poyet

Laugh all you want (you will find this info on the news probably 7 hours later)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1053730/Spurs-assistant-Poyet-set-Newcastle.html

Spurs assistant Poyet 'set to take over at Newcastle'

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:26 AM on 09th September 2008

Newcastle are close to sealing the deal for Tottenham's assistant manager Gus Poyet to be the new boss at St James' Park, according to The Sun.

Uruguayan Poyet would replace Kevin Keegan whose unpopular exit has sparked furious fan protests in the north east.

One of the key reasons for Keegan's departure was his inability to get along with the management structure at Newcastle including the executive director (football) Dennis Wise and the influential Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez.

However Poyet has a good relationship with Wise and was his assistant manager during the Wise's time at Leeds and Swindon as well as having played together for Chelsea.

Poyet, who has impressed as the high-profile right hand man of Tottenham manager Juande Ramos,  leads the race for the hot seat from Brazilian legend Zico.

This appointment would kill me to be honest -  obviously he'd appear to fit seamlessly into the new set and at the end of the day, that is the most important thing.

However, i personally long for a 'manager' who will excite and i'll say it, appease the fans, it's twice as imporotant now as it was in January to appease us and with that they need to bring in a manager who has already shown at least a modicum of talent and good footballing philosiphy.

I dont doubt Poyets ability - as an assitant, but as a manager i've got nothing to see that could appease me, im not even sure what type of personalityhe has.

No thanks.