my post on Offsideref

marko1892

Fishing for brownie points here like but this is what ive posted on offsideref, I hope people feel the same as I do

With the resignation of Kevin Keegan, Newcastle fans are gearing up for a boycott of the club. But to what extent. I agree that fan power should speak but i dont think it should be at the expense of Newcastle United on the pitch but more of a boycott against the owners that we wont tolerate this. Ashley really has underestimated the Newcastle fans with this latest adventure and he should have known that getting rid of Keegan would result in huge uproar from the fans.

Things i've raid so far have included a march protest up to SJP before the game against Hull, something im not sure will be good, I dont know it just seems a little to corny for me, needless to say i dont plan to join it but who knows what I will be like after a couple of beers. LOL I also read that the march will possibly stop at a few pubs along the way Mags and their drink.

Another step is to join the game 15 minutes late, with banners against Ashley and the cronies and singing against the current set up though i suspect a lot of it will be directed towards wise too. Ashley isn't expected to be in the stands against Hull and I think he knows he wont be welcome in away ends anymore. He's a bit of a hypocrit i think, promising Kev all the money and control over transfers then going back on his word. AND having King Kev 1 printed on the back of his shirt.

Other, more sensible boycotts include not drinking in shearers or any bars inside the ground, not buying anything in the ground, buying the programme or stuff from the club shop. Not buying anything from Sports Direct, Sports Soccer or Lillywhites (all owned by Ashley) good idea I think.

But a boycott of not going to games SHOULDNT happen, We're Newcastle United fans and supporting this club is what we do best, we dont get called the best supporters in england (from some people) for nothing and that shouldnt stop. We should go to the games support the team but rebel against the owner of the club in my opinion.

us fans make this club and arguably more than most, which other team would take 15k to Inter Milan, have 50k inside st james each match day with no domestic cup win since 1955? Lets keep the reputation going, we've put up with s**** before and this time should be no different. What has happened is b****cks but any form of serious protest (not attending games, pitch invasions or throwing ST's away) is going to affect the team.

I dont know where we are going now and needless to say my optomism for this season has fallen dramatically. Are we going down? certainly not this season, But lets see what the future holds, one thing I will say is whether we're playing at Old Traffod, Deepdale, Victoria Park, Saltersgate, Bootham Cresent..... I will be there and im positive there will be an extra 1 or 2 thousand behind me.

Long live Newcastle United. THIS IS OUR CLUB.

found at: http://www.offsideref.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=386472#386472

What do people think? whats happened will undoubtedly affect the team but I think its our right to go, we're fans of the club we shouldnt be forced out because of the s**** thats happened in the past couple of days.

p.s. if anyone wants to sign up for that forum it would be good seeming im the only regular mag on there lol!

I agree with this.

Personally in terms of protest, I liked what Liverpool did when they chanted continuosuly for the first 10 minutes v Arsenal in the cup game to protest about the lack of justice for the 96.

Same idea, if a different cause. Everyone in their seats for kick off:

They dont care about Keegan

They dont care about fans

Newcastle United....are in the wrong hands.

After that initial 1o mins, everyone should bloody get behind the players on the pitch as there's a match to be won.

Please don't chant that it was cringe watching Scousers singing it about Rafa.

To be honest, I dont really care what you find cringe inducing or not. It gets the point home plain and simple.

Guest Heneage

Fair point, but it just does noo good, he knows what the fans think , this whole "Ooh lets chant this lets chant this". Why, the point has been made.

Guest Brummiemag

Great post Marko, agree with that.

I also like BooBoo's idea of a protest song for the first 10 minutes although I think something rather stronger than his suggested song is called for.

In case Ashley has any ideas of appointing Wise as Manager how about a 10 minute chant of

'Dennis Wise what a wanker, what a wanker' 

I also like BooBoo's idea of a protest song for the first 10 minutes although I think something rather stronger than his suggested song is called for.

In case Ashley has any ideas of appointing Wise as Manager how about a 10 minute chant of

'Dennis Wise what a w*****, what a w*****' 

i'll be up for that haha

Guest Heneage

Alright Chris mate been waiting for you to post haha!

I dont think  hed be that daft to appoint Wise. Part of me says Poyet would work. (Tin Hat firmly on)

''when dennis wise dies we're on the piss''

Guest Geordiesned

''when dennis wise dies we're on the piss''

:lol: Lovely.

Guest Brummiemag

Alright Chris mate been waiting for you to post haha!

I dont think  hed be that daft to appoint Wise. Part of me says Poyet would work. (Tin Hat firmly on)

Hi Chris I think you are right, they wont appoint Wise, but I dont want Poyet there

Guest Heneage

I can't see them going for either Poyet or Wise, I still see Ashley selling up. He realies the sway these fans have, and how passionate or insane they are, depending on your view.

If he does stay (Stupidity) then hell appoint someone who likes this system but no doubt he has more trust in, as no manager will accept someone else picking his players. I could see a move for Mancini.

The protests are poitless against Hull City for a nuymber of reasons:

We cannot afford to lower the moral of the players any further because these are 3 points we desperately need. Make no bones about it, Hull will be up for this game knowing the discontent around the place and it is a potential banana skin for us. We need to support the team next saturday more than anything else.

Ashley will already know the level of discontent from the media. He should return for the Hull game and face the fans, either before or after the match with his evidential proof of the boards part in this farce.

Although he is not planning to be at the game, he needs to change those plans immediately.

To what purpose will the protest serve now. As said above, Ashley is probably stunned by the reaction but Keegan is not going to return so we must move on, one way or another.

Ashley will not appoint Wise (who doesnt want to be the coach) or Poyet (who doesnt want to uproot his family from the south).