Shearer

johnnypd

Said he won't take the job with the current set-up as it is, called the system 'strange' and that a manager should have control of which players come in and out of the club. Also said it's 'dangerous' when a director of football comes in over the head of a manager.

Guest Geordiesned

Looked like an interview taken from Football Focus so will probably be on in full tomorrow.

He said it's ridiculous a manager turning up one morning and finding 4 new players who's he's never heard of. Also said a manager lives and dies by the players he signs and sells - if he's not allowed to do that then what's the point in having a manager.

He came across as quite angry (as angry as Shearer can be) as well.

Oh, and he'll be on the One Show any minute now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Could be any name saying that as we'll soon find out that the vast majority of managers good and bad will look at the job of managing Newcastle United in the same way Shearer has.

Guest Geordiesned

Unfortunately it looks like he's just on to talk about Soccer Aid although I reckon Adrian Chiles might try to get a few questions in about the whole mess at the end.

Guest Howaythetoon

If the club offered it him he'd be in there in a flash.

He was already told by Mort that Ashley won't consider him until he goes somewhere else and gets some experience under his belt.

Would he fuck as like.

He was already told by Mort that Ashley won't consider him until he goes somewhere else and gets some experience under his belt.

if he comes it will be because he thinks he can take on the challenge of restructuring the club from within -in that case fast forward to next summer's transfer window and we will be replaying this same situation over again.

no chance he'd stand for the sort of crap that drove keegan out.

Guest Geordiesned

Can't agree. He was quite clear that he would want to "manage" and he wouldn't be able to with the current set up.

If this structure is to stay then the only way forward is to employ a foreign manager

Now i am hugely against the board and gutted about KK resigning but a foreign manager could take this club to the next level

To the Championship?!

Not really most agreed that we were a couple of signings away form challenging for top 6. If we replace KK with a top manager then there is no reason we cant push on

However i dont think we will get a top manager in and as i have said in a previous thread the season is a write off

Guest Geordiesned

If this structure is to stay then the only way forward is to employ a foreign manager

Now i am hugely against the board and gutted about KK resigning but a foreign manager could take this club to the next level

To the Championship?!

Not really most agreed that we were a couple of signings away form challenging for top 6. If we replace KK with a top manager then there is no reason we cant push on

However i dont think we will get a top manager in and as i have said in a previous thread the season is a write off

Such is the size of the squad and the number of current injuries that we're also a couple of injuries from having to field youth players who from what I've seen of them aren't good enough for the Premier League.

Why don't the fans club together and launch a joint buy out with Freddie Shepherd? We could install Shearer as manager with Lee Clark as assistant and replace Vetere and Jiminez with Beardsley and Bez.