Keegan reaction - Pathetic?

stozo

Am I the only one who thinks the reaction to Keegan leaving is a tad pathetic. He's done good for the club but he is not the be all and end all for the club.

I simply see it as we have chosen to go in a different direction in terms of our system with us prefering a cotinental outlook. I don't think the sky will fall just because Keegan is not here, I don't really think it will make a great difference on the outlook for this season, in fact I think this change of direction could improve us in the longer term as there will be no more squabling between the new manager and the board over who signs or leaves.

All this talk of a boycott or not buying stuff is pathetic imo, lets wait and see how this new system turns out before we start revolting. Most importantly it's all to play for this season so we need to get behind the team.

Guest Howaythetoon

This new system you talk of has:

Forced our manager to resign

Failed to tie up Owen to a longer deal

Failed to strengthen the squad and replace players sold

Failed to add quality to key areas of the team

Failed to communicate with fans

Fucked up season ticket arrivals

Made us the laughing stock of world football

Turned us into a circus

As first impression go...

As for getting behind the team... we do that every single week without fail, I don't see how skipping a few matches will suddenly weaken our support. In fact going to such extremes only strengthens our support and backing to our club.

Next.

an 18yr old boy from the midlands can not possibly understand the impact kevin keegan had on this club,

No man is bigger than the club, not even Kevin Keegan.

He's gone so we need to move on, no point in tearing the club apart trying to get him back or whatever people are trying to achieve.

Yes you are, f*** hes been doing a good job, but a part of this job is to buy players. Hes the one who wakes up every morning and goes out training with them its his players not the board whos the economical support. I mean its like working and McDonalds and not being allowed to give out hamburgers only the fries. (I thought of that example myself ;) ). This system might work but the fact that a billionaire comes into the club and spends less money than his fat counterpart Freddy is ridiculous. I'll wait and see but i think Keegan deserves a title under us!

an 18yr old boy from the midlands can not possibly understand the impact kevin keegan had on this club,

He's gone so we need to move on, no point in tearing the club apart trying to get him back or whatever people are trying to achieve.

KEVIN KEEGAN is bigger than dennis wise by any measure of stature, success or achievement, this is what is so stupid by ashley.

Failed to communicate with fans

Fucked up season ticket arrivals

Made us the laughing stock of world football

Turned us into a circus

As first impression go...

As for getting behind the team... we do that every single week without fail, I don't see how skipping a few matches will suddenly weaken our support. In fact going to such extremes only strengthens our support and backing to our club.

Next.

correct.

He can stick his "system" up his arse.

Keegan has shown them up for the clowns they are.

You cannot say they haven't added quality. Gutierrez is one of the best players I have seen play for the club in a long time. Coloccini is pure class.

I love how this magic new system is suddenly more important than the manager. Why don't Arsenal sack off Wenger, just keep the chief scout on a massive payrise and get me to manage the team?

What a warped view of football. You'd think Newcastle fans more than any other would know what difference the wrong manager can have.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tearing the club apart? How f***ing dare you. We turn up every single week without fail, pay our money, some 3 years in advance and are always there come win, lose or draw, rain sun or snow. The only fuckers tearing our club apart are the clowns in charge and we are expected to err, get behind the team and forget about it? The team for once can defend itself, this is bigger than the players, this is about our club and our future not a poxy Premier League fixture or a few players who let me remind you didn't turn up for the majority of last season, unlike us mugs.

Tearing the club apart? How fucking dare you. We turn up every single week without fail, pay our money, some 3 years in advance and are always there come win, lose or draw, rain sun or snow. The only fuckers tearing our club apart are the clowns in charge and we are expected to err, get behind the team and forget about it? The team for once can defend itself, this is bigger than the players, this is about our club and our future not a poxy Premier League fixture.

People paid 3 years in advance to save themselves money, no other reason.

All he is saying is that it's not the end of the world, or the club to more precise.

no, thats right.

But its the same as saying Ameobi is shit. You support him when he plays, but it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to say he is shit and will never be any use.

Guest The Libertine

dont necessarily agree with your "system" point, but i agree the reaction over the top, bordering on pathetic in some cases.

this club has been far lower than it currently is.

I love how this magic new system is suddenly more important than the manager. Why don't Arsenal sack off Wenger, just keep the chief scout on a massive payrise and get me to manage the team?

What a warped view of football. You'd think Newcastle fans more than any other would know what difference the wrong manager can have.

:clap:

KEVIN KEEGAN is bigger than dennis wise by any measure of stature, success or achievement, this is what is so stupid by ashley.

Your piont is what? Keegan just doesn't fit in with our setup of Wise, Jimenez and Vetere. Keegan has chosen to resign, was given the chance to stay but didn't and wasn't prepared to work within our continental setup.

I actually believe the continental setup will be much more effective in the long run when recruiting players than 1 manager can ever possibly be with Wise, Vetere and the rest of our scouting setup able to watch players all year round, whereas a manger cannot due to his first team responsibilities.

Tearing the club apart? How fucking dare you. We turn up every single week without fail, pay our money, some 3 years in advance and are always there come win, lose or draw, rain sun or snow. The only fuckers tearing our club apart are the clowns in charge and we are expected to err, get behind the team and forget about it? The team for once can defend itself, this is bigger than the players, this is about our club and our future not a poxy Premier League fixture.

People paid 3 years in advance to save themselves money, no other reason.

true, but try adding "because they would continue supporting the club" in the hope of success. Some even trusted the chairman and owner when they said that "Kevin has full control of all playing matters at the club".

Your piont is what? Keegan just doesn't fit in with our setup of Wise, Jimenez and Vetere. Keegan has chosen to resign, was given the chance to stay but didn't and wasn't prepared to work within our continental setup.

I actually believe the continental setup will be much more effective in the long run when recruiting players than 1 manager can ever possibly be with Wise, Vetere and the rest of our scouting setup able to watch players all year round, whereas a manger cannot due to his first team responsibilities.

my point is your an idiot.

To be honest Wenger is a pure master at his job. What makes him successful though is he isn't buying many high profile players and also he signs some of his youth intake not based on what he has seen but on advice from his scouts. That works because he trusts the judgement of his scouts and also partly because a lot of his signings are youth players.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye because KK tried to do both, scout all year round and run the team. He was undermined you fool and so will whichever mug takes the job on.

Guest optimistic nit

The system needs to change if we are to have any success. if we have ashley here for the forseable future then he has to sort his mess out, and that, in my opinion, should start by sacking the chairman, llamblas.