Buying a Blackberry?

Liam Liam Liam O

I spend hours on mine but thats because i'm really important and dead busy.

Its the browser that lets it down. Dont know if they upgraded for the new one but the one i have is shit. Poor web service in other countries too, seems to work ok in the US and UK but not France or Spain for some reason.

If you use email a lot and need access to a calendar on a daily basis, set meetings up with colleagues and have a job that requires you to communicate with the US and the far east on a regular basis, its a great phone to have.

My company is currently investigating the iPhone as an alternative. That should tell you what you need to know ;)

Guest lankybellwipe

I spend hours on mine but thats because i'm really important and dead busy.

Its the browser that lets it down. Dont know if they upgraded for the new one but the one i have is shit. Poor web service in other countries too, seems to work ok in the US and UK but not France or Spain for some reason.

If you use email a lot and need access to a calendar on a daily basis, set meetings up with colleagues and have a job that requires you to communicate with the US and the far east on a regular basis, its a great phone to have.

My company is currently investigating the iPhone as an alternative. That should tell you what you need to know ;)

No wonder he uses the alias ChezGiven!  Jason Bourne would be too obvious!

If we should meet.... er..... Chez...      My passport has expired, and would be of NO USE TO TREADSTONE!

Is the iPhone the only other current option for push email? 'Cos all the contacts, syncing and other stuff can be done by most phones now.

I don't know, mine has all 85,000 employees details in it, sets up meetings into other peoples calendars, reads pdfs, word/excel docs and some ppt files, depending on formatting. Thats about it really. Dont use all the features as some of them require admin access, just like a pc.

Is the iPhone the only other current option for push email? 'Cos all the contacts, syncing and other stuff can be done by most phones now.

I don't know, mine has all 85,000 employees details in it, sets up meetings into other peoples calendars, reads pdfs, word/excel docs and some ppt files, depending on formatting. Thats about it really. Dont use all the features as some of them require admin access, just like a pc.

:thup:

I know they're like the standard now for business, I thought the original attraction was the push email and the infrastructure set up around it?

iPhones are awesome but I doubt they're as capable for business use as that. Might be wrong like.

:thup:

I know they're like the standard now for business, I thought the original attraction was the push email and the infrastructure set up around it?

iPhones are awesome but I doubt they're as capable for business use as that. Might be wrong like.

I think you're right about the original attraction, they then cornered the market with large corporations by offering a complete IT solution across the company's email server. I'm actually not that bad with mine but some of my colleagues spend more time on theirs than you do on here  :kasper:

My understanding of the iPhone situation is remote deleting/locking. If a blackberry is lost, it can have its entire content deleted remotely so you can keep confidential stuff safe.  Apple are working on this now i think.

Ive got iPhone, missus has BB pearl.

iPhone is a better product, MobileMe is not. If MobileMe could work well and consistently - then get iPhone. Blackberry has nice keyboard too. But iPhone possibilities are... ENDLESS