new look back four

bulivye

the introduction of defensive technician Nigel Pearson coincided with a clean sheet... (from icnewcastle site)

i don't know much about mr. pearson other than that he's a reputation for being a no-nonsense hard man.  is he really a "defensive technician"?  if so perhaps we can count on a new look to the back four, especially bramble.  i think titus needs the sargeant-major type of coach who's always got a toe up your arse but who also has the true coaching ability to teach & explain tactics, strategy and individual responsibilities.  souness was the former, but his, "get good players and let them play" comment easily demonstrates he's not the latter.  my question is nigel pearson the way forward?

I'm hoping that between them, Roeder and Pearson (2 ex-central defenders), can get us organised at the back. We tried a 'defensive coach' about 10 years ago in Camp Lawrenson and it didn't work. Fingers crossed this time.  :thup:

Guest woffy_27

yeah i know him used to play for sheff wed and the boro - looked a mean defender - dont know much about his coaching abilities tho - have to wait and see

Guest optimistic nit

I'm hoping that between them, Roeder and Pearson (2 ex-central defenders), can get us organised at the back. We tried a 'defensive coach' about 10 years ago in Camp Lawrenson and it didn't work. Fingers crossed this time. :thup:

and if all else fails then we can give them both numbers and play them instead blueyes.gif

We need a new right back, at least one centre half, but probably two and another left back. Ship Baba out.

So a new defence then, excluding GK. :)

We need a new right back, at least one centre half, but probably two and another left back. Ship Baba out.

So a new defence then, excluding GK. :)

Yeah being honest, we do. Because we have no natural replacement for Carr, he can stay as reserve right back. Bernard as backup and Taylor/Ramage to get a few game sin rotation.

• 1 month later...

Is it him, or is it just Ramage and Taylor performing admirably?

Who gives a fuck anyway? I'm just happy they are. Taylor's come back brilliantly from his poor early season form, and fair play to Peter Ramage, got caught for pace today when Berbatov went through and put it wide, but apart from that, he's been absolutely excellent of late. I honestly didn't think he had it in him. :thup:

Who gives a fuck anyway? I'm just happy they are. Taylor's come back brilliantly from his poor early season form, and fair play to Peter Ramage, got caught for pace today when Berbatov went through and put it wide, but apart from that, he's been absolutely excellent of late. I honestly didn't think he had it in him. :thup:

Bit of both probably. We just look far more organised and composed at the back in general.

Fuck - that's the kiss of death isn't it? Expect us to ship 4 to Bolton on Boxing Day... :roll:

Who gives a F*** anyway? I'm just happy they are. Taylor's come back brilliantly from his poor early season form, and fair play to Peter Ramage, got caught for pace today when Berbatov went through and put it wide, but apart from that, he's been absolutely excellent of late. I honestly didn't think he had it in him. :thup:

Both tbf.

Taylor has been cracking in the past few games, getting some goals to boot as well.

Credit to Pearson for whatever he's done and also to the two others who deserve credit - Paul Huntington, who so far has looked a better bet at left back than both Ramage and Babayaro, and Nobby Solano, who is now officially a right back. Fucking quality, the pair of them.

huntington better at LB than ramage or babayaro?  i really have to disagree.  He is very slow and technically is pretty poor (worse than ramage).  He may be ok at CB, but as soon as babyaro comes back, i'd like to see him come back.

huntington better at LB than ramage or babayaro?  i really have to disagree.  He is very slow and technically is pretty poor (worse than ramage).  He may be ok at CB, but as soon as babyaro comes back, i'd like to see him come back.

Baba needs alot of work with Pearson before I would even think about letting him back in the 1st team.

i think that's why he's the way forward-- tayls has needed someone to get the best out of him, his partnership with ramage is comfortable because they have a common history- plus both of them would dive in front of a bullet for the toon, but in previous games it hasn't been enough. enter mr. pearson- i think he deserves credit for their admirable performance.  i also think having nobby helps too.  he brings the wise head of experience to balance huntington's youthful exuberance.

Guest Invicta_Toon

whats with Ramage waving his fucking hand in the air when he's been done?

boils my piss that

put your fucking arm down so that you can run fast back to the goal and rescue the fucking situation you lanky twat

apart from that, good performance  :thup:  :lol:

whats with Ramage waving his fucking hand in the air when he's been done?

boils my piss that

put your fucking arm down so that you can run fast back to the goal and rescue the fucking situation you lanky twat

apart from that, good performance  :thup:  :lol:

he had a nifty little sliding block today that i enjoyed...