Would you support a fans' trust to takeover NUFC actively & financially?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

i've given my answers in the other thread. i would support an attempt at FC Newcastle or something similar, but Newcastle united would still be my favourite club, FC Newcastle would be second.

how much headway has the share liverpool fc movement made? not much, and they are pretty well organised with some high profile backers.

at least they have the satisfaction of knowing they are trying to do something real about it , instead of just talking,

i can live with failure, but to never try, and complain about what others are doing....

No nufc is way too big a company to be run by a bunch of amateurs. There's a million reasons why it's a bad idea. What would they do for transfers all chip in a few quid? :lol: It's amusing that most of the people supporting this are the same ones who were saying that they thought the club should be breaking the bank on transfers! Do you lot ever visit the place the rest of us call reality? :rolleyes:

No nufc is way too big a company to be run by a bunch of amateurs. There's a million reasons why it's a bad idea. What would they do for transfers all chip in a few quid? :lol: It's amusing that most of the people supporting this are the same ones who were saying that they thought the club should be breaking the bank on transfers! Do you lot ever visit the place the rest of us call reality? :rolleyes:

;D

Top rant. :nods:

just because fans takeover a club does not mean it will by ran by amatuers. what experience of running a football club did mike ashley or chris mort have before taking over. likewise i seem to remember those 'fans' SJH and Shepherd making a pretty good job of it when they bought the club. there are plenty of newcastle fans out there with the required expertise needed to run a business, there's even plenty of them out there with big piles of cash, but i doubt there is a will or desire for them to devote their lives to running NUFC, nor do i think NUFC fans as a whole have the co-ordination or optimistic outlook to get something like this going, we're generally a pretty pessimistic bunch.

It's a great idea, but I simply don't think it is sustainable.

Even in the unlikely event you find enough fans able to generate enough money to buy the club what next? Unless you find a a couple of particularly wealthy fans the bubble is going to burst. Not only do they have to buy the club, they have wages to pay, debts to clear, sponsorships to sort, transfer fees, not to mention all the other little fees that soon mount up.

On top of this just look at this forum, there's going to be divided opinion, and where money is involved everyone well went their two pennies worth. It's alright saying we'll appoint a president to represent us, but with so many views what are they representing? The fans who's views aren't aired are quickly going to realise they may as well not bother, especially if the exact opposite of the action they want taking is being put into place.

As much as we don't want it I can't help but feel a multi-billionaire willing to splash the cash is the only way forward. It's alright saying I'd rather be an honest mid-table club, but a majority of fans don't, including me. I support this club and want it to acheive all of it's potential, its all very well and good saying the fans could do a better job, but could they? Really? I have serious doubts and you're increadably naive if you think it would run so smoothly.

Guest optimistic nit

well ashley has lots of experience of running a business, a pretty good one too.

just because it will be run by the fans there is no guarentee that it will be run by people with any knowlage of running a football club, or football. there is every chance it will be run worse than it is at the moment, and while its ok for fans to make decisions with the heart instead of the head, chairmen and owners dont have such a luxury, and no fan worth his salt can seperate himself emotionally from the club.

Guest Howaythetoon

OK, say this is the deal:

£250m needed to buy the club

You the fan are required to stump up £5,000 spread over 5 years to pay, you can pay weekly, monthly, yearly or all up front, whatever suits your financial needs best

For your money you get 1 vote (for life) when it comes to

Appointing a board every 4 years who then get elected based on vote results to run the club based on a 10 commandments style this is how we do business at NUFC kind of guide.

You get 1 vote for life on important decisions like whether to rename stadium rights etc.

You do not and never will get to vote which manager gets appointed or sacked or which players get signed or sold, that is down to the board you elect and who they choose as manager.

You get free entry to reserve and academy games for life, free TV world subscription at nufc.co.uk for life, and other freebies like magazines etc.

You also get to attend open training sessions for life (imagine thousands of fans watching training sessions, would make the players feel 10ft tall and develop a real close bond between fans and players)

What kind of NUFC do you get?

One that is owned by a fans trust and not any one individual or collective group of businessmen, the club can never be bought or sold again. You get a club that you have an active role in helping to shape based on your vote right and a club that is geared towards serving the community. Season ticket prices will never raise above that of inflation, the club will never fleece fans, every single penny the club makes will go back into the club, every last penny.

Would you buy into that kind of club?

I would and I'll tell you this I'd swap that club for the one we have now, even if that means playing outside of the Premier League, being unable to go for superstar players and winning things etc.

just because fans takeover a club does not mean it will by ran by amatuers. what experience of running a football club did mike ashley or chris mort have before taking over.

Not a lot, that's why they got onboard people who did have experience.

Ashley doesn't run the club. However both have significant business experience.