Would you support a fans' trust to takeover NUFC actively & financially?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

Not a chance, most of our fans dont think with their head, and if the crowds outside SJP the other night proved anything it is that given power a lot of those would potentially destroy us. IT would be the same with nigh any club.

Not a chance, most of our fans dont think with their head, and if the crowds outside SJP the other night proved anything it is that given power a lot of those would potentially destroy us. IT would be the same with nigh any club.

[/quote

I think people are confusing ownership, with management, fans could own the club, but elect a Chairman... every 4 years or so... then the forum style bickering wouldnt get in the way.

Confusing ownership, with management... let me think where ive seen that before

it seems like some people assume fan ownership means 10,000 fans turning up having a riot with each other. er no one said the club was going to be ran by Harry Norway.  :lol:

look at HTT's post for his ideas of what fan ownership constitues - ie a barca type system.

sadly it seems neither possible or, in this age of megarich owners, pragmatic, to take this approach.

Guest Heneage

it seems like some people assume fan ownership means 10,000 fans turning up having a riot with each other. er no one said the club was going to be ran by Harry Norway.  :lol:

look at HTT's post for his ideas of what fan ownership constitues - ie a barca type system.

sadly it seems neither possible or, in this age of megarich owners, pragmatic, to take this approach.

Ok even if you did, imagine you put a man in some billionaire and he invests say £200m in us, he has the horrible risk of being let go in a few years time becaues fans just dont like him, or he makes a bad decision. Its too much power for too many uneducated in the business of Football. Similarly if you went and said "Ok You have been chosen for your investment we will reconsider your position in 5-7 years time, for 5-7 years he could be a total bell end and invest nowt, then come the protests and we are back to square one, fans are called fans for a reason.

There is one good point made on the Liverpool share dealings site (http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk if you've not seen it before). Many people have asked about debts and how we will make money if the fans own the club. The fact is the club gets us the fans pay so surely it makes sense that we own the club outright since we're paying for all the debts and transfers anyway ? http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk/index.php/faqs this might answer a lot of the problems people are putting forward. Sounds very good to me the more I read about it.

PS those that vote no, any reason/s?

Among other reasons, because we'd not be able to compete financially with the big boys any more.

Why ? Not as if any of our past 2 chairman have put their hands in their pockets to help us compete.

Would it mean that more money was available to allow us to compete with other clubs? - No

Would it mean that more sensible decisions were made, on footballing and other matters? - No

Why is that fella?

After reading that Duncan Bannatyne (sp?) could not get cash off the bank to expand his businesses  & he has a personal wealth of £200 million, I feel at this moment in time it is not right for me to launch a takeover of Newcastle United Football Club.

Would it mean that more money was available to allow us to compete with other clubs? - No

Would it mean that more sensible decisions were made, on footballing and other matters? - No

Why is that fella?

Corporate finance, top level professional sport, marketing - professionals don't always get things right, but you'd back them to do so more often than inexperienced amateurs. Also, the way you approach decisions when you're on the inside and your job and livelihood depends on it is a bit different from how you see things from the luxury of an outside position. The club can't be run by a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks.

To turn it round, I'd be interested to know why people think we'd generate more income and produce better decisions with a fans' collective.

Why is that fella?

Corporate finance, top level professional sport, marketing - professionals don't always get things right, but you'd back them to do so more often than inexperienced amateurs. Also, the way you approach decisions when you're on the inside and your job and livelihood depends on it is a bit different from how you see things from the luxury of an outside position. The club can't be run by a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks.

To turn it round, I'd be interested to know why people think we'd generate more income and produce better decisions with a fans' collective.

The amaeturs own the club Bobby they don't run it.